Solved Help! my server has no PVP! ISSUE!

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Eo2day, Jun 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Eo2day

So, as stated in the title my server has no pvp enabled, this is a problem. So, I am trying to root out the problem by going through all of the plugin config files and enabling pvp. Can someone look at my list of plugins and tell me what ones handle pvp? Thanks.
    Autoruncommands
    GroupBasedPVP- Allowed all to pvp didn't work
    WorldEdit
    NoCheatPlus
    PIP
    McJobs
    EpicZones-Not in use
    Vault
    PEX
    LWC
    WorldGuard
    RangeBans
    Punishmental
    Xauth
    Modifyworld
    Advlog
    Essentials-Allowed PVP not working
    CreeperHeal
    SignShop
    BOSEconomy
    Factions

Any help would be appreciated!
    Thanks.

2. Offline

Omnitv

Try disabling/Removing Essentials, coz essentials and PEX dont like each other. (my observations on my server)

3. Offline

Eo2day

Great, not gonna be fun doing that.

4. Offline

jobbers12

Have you got pvp enabled in the server properties file?

5. Offline

Lolmewn

Exactly what I'm thinking is the problem.

6. Offline

Toxic__Waste

what do you mean essentials and pex dont work well together

I use essentials for admin commands the warp system the home system i use essentials protect for the world protection and I use pex for all permissions they work fine together sorry if its to complicated for you

7. Offline

Omnitv

Toxic__Waste
    Essentials has permissions built into them, so why two permission plugins? Most of the time when I do have Essentials and PEX and a few other plugins they conflict with commands, so thus the console/GUI does not know which plugin to use this command and ignores the command, this what I have noticed on my server, this is why I stated "My observations on my server."

And yes in my personal opinion, i don't like having to work with essentials especially since it makes me go thorough folder after folder and so on and annoying pointless reason for the excess amount of folders.
    Some times and on other servers it works fine and dandy.
    It is alright if you and others like using Essentials and PermissionsEX I abide by you're opinion. This is my opinion on to help Eo2day he can either take it or not, fine by me.

8. Offline

Eo2day

Thanks everyone, and yes it was enabled on the server properties. ;) I'm not a noob. I use essentials for it's commands, World guard for protection and Pex for perms, works fine now. Solution: I forgot that i coped an old permissions .yml file with the essentials.protect.pvp node activated, DUH. Oh well.......
    Seriously though, thanks guys!

9. Offline

Toxic__Waste

essentials dont have perms built in you down load a zip file where its up to you to install group perms i use essentials essentials protect i do not use the group permissions that is an option of essentials and in the essentials you can set in the config the conflicting files and its the /warp that conflicts there are 2 files user and warps the rest are config files like jail motd sorry if its to complicated

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.