Problem/Bug Help! My bukkit server isnt working correctly, I think!

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by banustard, Aug 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

banustard

Hey all.
    I was hoping that someone with a bit more knowlage than me can help me out here. Now, bear with me on this one.
    First, when i installed craftbukkit, i did the things you need to and then made a .bat doc to run the server. I put the following in the file;
    @Echo off
    java -Xmx1024M -jar craftbukkit_server.jar
    pause

Now, when it opens in CMD, it shows the following;

upload_2015-8-11_13-23-12.png

Notice the error's on there. I have no idea what this means!!!

Now, after i run this, my friend and I can play on the server, my friend being at another ip address so i know that my port forwarding is correct.
    However, i cant seem to get my Java console up to see what is happening on the server and to set commands. The server cant make me a op without it. I have tried to edit the ops.json file to include me but this doesnt seem to want to make me a op.

I would love some help on this because my future projects require bukkit. :(

Thank you in advance

2. @banustard There is something running on that port.

3. Offline

banustard

@bwfcwalshy not that i know of. The comoputer is new just for the server and only build it yesterday

4. @banustard The error shows something is, open cmd and paste the line below and see if anything shows up
    Code:
    netstat -na | find "25565"

5. Offline

banustard

upload_2015-8-11_14-18-58.png

@bwfcwalshy this is what i get when running this command

6. Offline

Tecno_Wizard

@banustard, You already have another service using that port. Is there another server running on the computer?

7. Offline

Boomer

It is possible that you double-clicked the server jar file earlier (which launches a server without the console), or ran a bat file that wasn't correct. You are connecting to that version of the server that is running.

Terminate all javaw services/programs in the TaskManager ..or reboot your computer, and see if that resolves the situation.

8. Offline

Tecno_Wizard

That's not necessary. Just logging out will quit any javaw services. Using task manager won't work.

9. Offline

banustard

@Tecno_Wizard No, this is the only server running on this machine. I only build the machine yesterday, installed windows 7 (because i had a spare licence), installed the latest version of java then craftbukkit.

can someone just check that the bat file is correct? I believe it is because i can get onto the server no probs even with the errors.

Thank you

10. @banustard Go back to cmd and run "netstat -anob" and screenshot your 25565 port

11. Offline

banustard

@bwfcwalshy I will do as soon as i finish work tonight.

Thank you for all your help so far guys, i really appreciate it :)

12. Offline

banustard

@bwfcwalshy ok, sorry for the late reply. So i took a screen shot of the command and this came up

Now, since the last time i was chatting, ive updated to windows 10 in a hope that it might work but it still doesnt. :(

Thanks

ok, seams i forgot to include the screen shot

<Edited by bwfcwalshy: Merged posts, please use the edit button rather than double posting.>

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 15, 2015
  13. Offline

Boomer

blank out the ip= entry in your server.properties see if that helps

14. Offline

banustard

@Boomer No, doesn help. :(

15. Offline

Boomer

Well, you cant possibly be still getting the 'already bound' message?

16. Offline

banustard

17. Offline

Boomer

You'll need to open the cmd window with administrative rights

18. Offline

banustard

19. @banustard Then you have (most likey) another server running. Did you double click the server jar?

20. Offline

banustard

ok, will keep trying. Thanks for the help guys. Gonna leave this project on the back burner for now anyways. Too much going on.

Have fun :)

21. Offline

PaintTheZombie

@banustard

Do you have a Firewall Or Anitvirus enabled on your computer?? AVG game me this issue when i still used it- i had to go into the Firewall setting & Antivirus software and set it to ignore java or disable it to see if it allows you to start.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.