[Help] Low TPS on my bukkit server

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Mr.No, Sep 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Mr.No

Hello, I have a Mincraft Server with the folowing Plugins (up to date):
    [​IMG]
    At the moment, the TPS on my server is 2.5 (!), and I know the ideal TPS is 20.
    My server has 5120 Megabytes of RAM memory dedicated to it, which I suppose its a lot
    [​IMG]
    but its still reaches 6880 Megabytes of RAM.
    I tried to get LWC out of my server and it only got me to 7 TPS.
    I had some testing with NOLAGG examines, and most of the times the "Chunk Provider" was on the top with approximately 20000MS.
    I really need help in this subject, because im suffering from it a lot of time already.
    Thanks in advance :)

2. Offline

woodzy

send me a contact request on skype woodzy.fox ill walk u through a list of things

3. Offline

Bobcat00

How many players? Do you have a lot of mobs? Paste a screenshot showing the output of the /gc command.

4. Offline

Mr.No

It's 50 Players maximum. here's the output of /gc :
    [​IMG]
    you can see here the very low TPS.

5. Offline

cloak_fox

Uptime 2 days you should restart every 24 hours... to free some ram

6. Offline

Mr.No

I highly doubt that this is the problem, the TPS drops to this number after the first 30 minutes.

7. Offline

Bobcat00

You have a lot of chunks and entities loaded in world_survival and world_resource. Is it possible someone is running a mob grinder? That can cause TPS problems.

Also, what CPU do you have (or is this a purchased host)?

8. Offline

Mr.No

This is a purchased host. Could a mob grinder be the cause for the total drop of 18 TPS (that gets me to 2)?

9. Offline

Lolmewn

Please paste your startuplog.

10. Offline

Bobcat00

I have an i7 2.8 GHz, and one mob grinder was knocking me down to 7 or 4 TPS (don't remember). The guy had a couple thousand skeletons all occupying the same block.

One way to try to detect this is to watch when the TPS starts to drop, and see if it's right after a player joined. Another way would be to use the killall command and see if the TPS recovers; also lets you see if an unusually high number of mobs were killed.

11. Offline

Mr.No

Do you know anything that can get rid of mobs in a specific world automatically? A plugin...

12. Offline

Bobcat00

I think you should try to diagnose the problem instead of just throwing random solutions (or non-solutions) at it.

13. Offline

Mr.No

Still, there are a lot of entities in the survival_world...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.