Solved HELP! Factions 1.6.9.5 and EssentialsChat.

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by PureMagic, Mar 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

PureMagic

So, i am running my server with host, and i am using McMyAdmin remote control. I am having trouble with Factions and EssentialsChat. I am using Factions 1.6.9.5 version, i know its outdated, but almost all faction servers are running because it doesn't need MCore, and newest Essentials. In the chat it doesn't show Faction Tag, i've tried anything, i tried to put in EssChat [FACTION], {FACTION}, and all that stuff, but it won't work. Is there way to fix it?
    nononono.JPG
    Nonono.JPG
    Plugin list:
    TimTheEnchanter, WorldEdit, Spawner, Microblocks, FrameProtect, Buycraft, MaxBans, DrugsXL, SafeFrames, mcore, AdminFun, Vault, PermissionsEx, iControlU, HealthBar, CombatTag, WorldGuard, ObsidianDestroyer, Punishmental, Marriage, BloodParticles, CraftBay, SimpleAutoMessage, iDisguise, Itemizer, ClearLag, Votifier, mcMMO, ArmorHUD, CleanroomGenerator, Essentials, CommandSigns, EssentialsProtect, Enjin_Minecraft_Plugin, EssentialsSpawn, Paintball,CompatNoCheatPlus, EssentialsChat, Factions, NoCheatPlus, CreativeControl, PlayerHeads, CombatLog

2. Offline

LandonTheGeek

PureMagic
    If I were you, I would stick to using the latest versions. They are updated, less buggy, and they work better. (Well.... Most of the time :p)

3. Offline

lecraeman

I use an older version too. I hate MCore and the newest factions version is terrible. It doesn't have ANY of the old commands, and doesn't provide the faction chat.

4. Offline

LandonTheGeek

I do like to feel safe with the more stable versions though.

5. Offline

lecraeman

Can I see your factions config in a paste bin?

No Doubt, but at the same time I COMPLETELY understand why someone wouldn't upgrade..

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2016
  6. Offline

PureMagic

Factions Config - http://pastebin.com/NrhKbHuT
    Essentials Config - http://pastebin.com/4dzNA20N

So, i don't understand - How to fix my problem?

7. Offline

lecraeman

According to your Factions config it replaces [FACTION] in chat format...

"chatTagReplaceString": "[FACTION]",

but you said you already tried that one...let me go grab my config and see if there's anything that doesn't match up!

WAIT A MINUTE. You don't even have EssentialsChat configured in your essentials config...

What are you using for your chat format?

8. Offline

PureMagic

I don't know what to configure! :) Pls can you configure it for me!

9. Offline

LandonTheGeek

Make sure chatSetFormat is set to false in your Factions config.

10. Offline

PureMagic

There's no chatSetFormat in config! Can you tell me whats wrong in my factions and essentials config?

Factions Config - http://pastebin.com/NrhKbHuT
    Essentials Config - http://pastebin.com/4dzNA20N

11. Offline

Necrodoom

Essentials-Faction hooks are designed to work with modern faction versions, 1.6.9.5 is ancient, youd need to use factions 2.x.x..

12. Offline

PureMagic

Old versions are better!

13. Offline

TreeDB

PureMagic Try using {factions_name} if that fails to work I would do what Necrodoom said and update factions.

14. Offline

lecraeman

You did not tag me or hit "reply" to my post so I didn't see a notification :(

Anyways. What are you using to format your chat? Like...change the colors and prefixes?

Essentials Chat usually handles this, but you don't even have essentials chat setup...

I hate to repeat this, but many people hate the new version. Not just because it needs MCore, but because they removed core features like Faction Chat, and /f who instead of /f f or /f p. The old version is just more familiar...

While I try to keep all my plugins updated...I WILL NOT be updating my factions...and I can see why someone else wouldn't.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

15. Offline

PureMagic

I use PeX to add prefixes like [Owner] [Admin], or player prefixes.... that works, but how to add faction names? That's a actual question! :D (Only for me)!

16. Offline

lecraeman

Even so, you STILL need essentials chat to do formatting...

17. Offline

PureMagic

Can you format for me, please, im newbie at this! :D I only know Color Codes, thats all.

18. Offline

lecraeman

If you're gonna run a server you need to learn this, and I can show you...

This is how it works...the group format works on a permissions system. If you add a group name from a group on your PEX file then it will format the chat to THAT format for anyone in the group...

Let me get a paste bin of my essentials chat format and I will show you!

Here is my essentials chat format...

http://pastebin.com/Hftb3N98

Basically it works on the basis of the group name in permissions. So, If you have a group in PEX called 'Members" you would change the group format to be EXACTLY the same as that...then format it...

19. Offline

PureMagic

So, i changed group names to names i have in my PeX groups, and then pasted in my esschat config, and that didn't help.
    Tveršana.JPG

20. Offline

lecraeman

Did you change the faction chat tag format in faction config?

You need to disable that tag from automatically appearing...

Let me send you my faction config!

Here is my faction config...

http://pastebin.com/4Gx7yZ04

WARNING: I have it setup to where containers and doors can be used in peoples territory...

21. Offline

PureMagic

Didn't help! Bump!

22. Offline

PureMagic

23. Offline

lecraeman

At this point I really don't know :L Sorry :(

24. Offline

PureMagic

OMG! Thank you lecraeman, i just needet to do chatTagInsertIndex 0 and it worked, with your config it worked, thank you.

25. Offline

lecraeman

OH SWEET :D

Thanks man!

PureMagic likes this.
  26. Offline

fatninjacatmatt

Look here pal, all you gotsta do is open up yer essentials config and find the section of the config labeled "Essentials Chat". In that ye will find a rule, named be "format: ...". In that there "..." is where ye be settin up yar global chat format. Me personally be usin essentials group manager to handle the prefix of each of the groups so I dont have to fill it out in the essentials config. If ye set up the prefix for names in a permissions plugin (where it be groupmanger pex whathaveyou), it should automatically come through the {DISPLAYNAME} node. Now, to get factions working in there, you simply need to insert [FACTION] right before {DISPLAYNAME}. And whammo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.