[HELP] CraftBukkit Permissions

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by TheNorthFace, Feb 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

TheNorthFace

Okay I'm pretty confused about the config.yml.
    First I changed it to .txt file so I can edit it but I don't know how to! What I mean by that is that I don't know how to make myself an Admin! Can anyone show me the format? Pictures would be very helpful! I'm really confused and I really need an answer soon! I want to be able to control the server and change the time and etc. Just like a hMod Admin could.

2. Offline

Padeius Etoh

Hi, first dont change the file extension. Download notepad++, then go into the options and change it so the tabs only do spaces. That is the first step to being able to edit .yml files. Once you have that accomplished, notepad++ will maintain the format of the original file so u can visually keep up. It can be difficult to make sense out of it all the lines run together. so start there.

3. Offline

TheNorthFace

Hmm. notepad++? Okay so I have to download that. Hmm thanks! I'll check that out I didn't quite know that I thought I could just use my normal notepad!
    EDIT: You say options but I don't see options? How would I make myself an Admin? This is all confusing lol >< SORRY! (I have downloaded notepad++)

4. Offline

Padeius Etoh

ok open note++ go to setting, preferences, then click on language /tab settings. on the right side you will see a portion that says tab setting check replace with space. that prevents u from putting tabs in, .yml's do not like tabs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.