[HELP] Confused about ADMIN

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by TheNorthFace, Feb 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

TheNorthFace

I am back because I am confused about something. My friend found a way to make himself admin by turning the config.yml in permission to txt file. But the thing is you have to put your name in the op list. And when you go ingame and type /help it gives you the console commands and it blocks the ingame commands. Is there anyway to getting Admin without the problem above and downloading Notepad++?

Attached Files:

2. Offline

TnT

Can you clarify? How did your friend manage to do that? Did he put his name in the op list, or someone else?

3. Offline

TheNorthFace

He put his and my name on the op list and in the permission config.yml file.

4. Offline

dak393

that is the default help command it comes up when the other help command is blocked ie: not having permission to use it. I would suggest using permissions and the permissions config file you don't technically need notepad++ to use the config file although it does make finding tabs and such easier

5. Offline

TnT

I get that, but how did he manage to do that? Did he somehow do that via in game commands, or access to the file itself?

6. Offline

TheNorthFace

Himself and I had all the commands a Admin would have even for the plugins but then the console commands blocked the /help

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.