Help by Xmx and Xms

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by AuthRaca, Apr 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

AuthRaca

Hello Bukkit Community,
    I wanted to ask how I set the xms and xmx need to ensure that the server is not laggy for 100 people. the root 32gb Ram are disposal I hope someone can help me. System is Linux.
    Sorry for my bad English,
    MfG:Chris

2. Offline

JadElClemens

You must run the server in a terminal. I'm a nub GNU/linux user (don't worry, no interjections), i.e. I pretty much quit after I learned I had to compile a driver to use my wireless happened. work? What ever happened to just werks?

Anyways...

I don't know the command but you have to enter something along the lines of:
    "(path of your java.exe or whatever equivalent you use.) -Xms(amount in GB)G -Xmx(amount in GB)G -jar (name of craftbukkit file) "
    in the terminal and it should run via terminal.

In windows, "java" works for me as a substitute for the java path, but I haven't tried it in GNU/Linux.

3. Offline

AuthRaca

yes but howmany ram i must wright for a perfect peformance

#push?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2016
  4. Offline

AuthRaca

men pls

5. Offline

Lolmewn

Well, if you have 32GB available, I recommend using all of it.

6. Offline

AuthRaca

yes but waht i must wright for use all? howmany xmx and xms

7. Offline

TnT

There is no magical number.

Try this: java -Xms4GB -Xmx24GB -jar craftbukkit.jar

However, RAM usage is likely not going to kill you on a 100 slot server - CPU usage will be what limits you. Its not too often you need more than 16GB for a server (although, yes, I just allocated 24GB to your server with that command), even on the very large server. They cap out on CPU, not RAM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.