Heavily loaded server

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Bookkc1, May 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Bookkc1

1) Linux Ubuntu 10.10, 32bit (x86)
    2) AMD Athlon x64 x2 Dual 2.41, 8Gb RAM
    3) java version "1.6.0_20"
    OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea6 1.9.7) (6b20-1.9.7-0ubuntu1)
    OpenJDK Server VM (build 19.0-b09, mixed mode)
    4) I Doesn`t runing McMyAdmin, mcadmin, Hamachi, etc.
    5) I Use 733 build.
    6) screen -A -h 1500 -m -d -S mc java -Xmx2048M -Xms2048M -jar craftbukkit.jar nogui
    7) dynmap, Lockette, MyHome, Permissions, Residence, xAuth, NoCheat, Nether, Essentials
    8) The server CPU load to 100% on the server are 10 players : (
    9) Tried to reinstall Java, cleaned it some plugins, I tried to disable plugins of bukkit, the problem remained.

HELP ME PLEASE!!!!

2. Offline

Xphome

Have you tried turning mobs and animals off?

3. Offline

1lann

Well that's all normal. Having 10 players on a AMD Athlon x64 x2 Dual 2.41 ghz processor and it's usage is at 100%, is normal. I got a similar processor and my server reaches 100% CPU usage when there's 10 people. All I can suggest is getting a better processor.

4. Offline

Bookkc1

no. doesn`t help :(

5. Offline

Hpiz

That really is a very weak cpu to use for more than 6 ppl

6. Offline

Bookkc1

Maybe someone knows how to optimize your server??

7. Offline

1lann

Ok then think of it as this. You have a box and you have toys. You try put as many toys as you can into the box and you can only fit 10. Now you can't just "optimize" the box to contain more toys. You actually have to "Upgrade the box". Tip. Just get Game Booster.

8. Offline

Pencil

I loled, how will Game Booster help? Clearly the OP stated it's a Linux SERVER, hes using screen to run his server so i'm 99.9999999% sure he wont even be using anything but SSH so there wont be KDE or Gnome installed, neither is this windows that is so sucky that it needs a game booster to reduce all the useless processes by windows. :)

Btw, at Thread, see if you can download Java 7, it gave me around 50 slots more on my 100 slot server :D

9. Offline

1lann

Whoops I fail. I didn't notice that he was using Ubuntu :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.