Harry Potter plugin

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by Gregory46, Jan 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Gregory46

So this is a big request, but it is very fun and I hope someone has the time to make it, I would really appreciate it.
    (Note: I will not be very specific, I want you to be creative within your limitations.)
    I have a Harry Potter server.
    I have the magic aspect with Magical Spells, the houses aspect with Harry potter sorting hat and the points aspect with harrypotterhousepoints.
    I don't have a very skilled building team, so here is what I need.

1. An aspect of fantastic beasts/animals that spawn naturally. (ex. Unicorns...)
    2. Magical herbs that do different magical things.
    3. Hogwarts! A plugin that lets you type /Hogwarts create and it spawns a world with a detailed Hogwarts castle or /mv create normal -g Hogwarts. Or even put it in a existing world, idk. Making this will take a lot of research but I need it as accurate and big as possible. Secret rooms, etc... Please be creative!
    4. Quidditch? (Flying broomsticks)
    5. As many monsters, and anything involved in the movies!
    I know this is a lot to ask and will not be easy, and I am not being specific. Please post any questions.

I REALLY HOPE YOU CAN HELP WITH THIS!
    -Gerg

EDIT by Timtower: changed title.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2015
  2. Offline

Solaris_88

For spawning Hogwarts you're going to either need to download a map via the internet, or hire a builder your self. Monsters you're going to need players to download Mo-creatures or something. I just saw a flying broom sticks plugin request, and it was filled. So go through the plugin requests and try to find it, as it was not that long ago (a few days) Quidditch could be done with a basketball plugin (for basics) for having a snitch fly around would be very (At least I think so) hard to code. Same goes for a bludger.

3. Offline

Gregory46

What about all those world gen plugins for the Hogwarts?
    I am sure there is a creative way for at least like flying horses.
    Positive about the magical herbs.
    @Solaris_88

4. Offline

_Hybrid

@Gregory46
    Hello Gregory,
    I am no developer, but parts of what you look for exist.
    If you are looking for a Hogwarts castle, you have 3 options:
    Download one from online, collect some friends to build it, or hire a build team.
    Many of these developers are very busy with things like school, and work, they
    somehow find time to make plugins for players, but I do not think they can create
    a custom hogwarts. I own my own HP server, me and my builders made a custom
    hogwarts.
    For Magical Creatures, I suggest the plugin MythicMobs. It is very flexible, and you
    can create mobs with custom names, drops, health, etc. You might need to learn how
    to texture, or hire someone who can, to make the mobs look genuine (I texture my own
    custom mobs / blocks).
    Quidditch is a HUGE project. I know a server who paid $800 for a quidditch plugin. Over
    the years, many plugin requests have been made for quidditch, and none of them have been
    done (for free, that is). I suggest you look into a custom (paid) developer for that one. Solaris
    has a good idea, I myself used to use a basketball plugin for quidditch. There are many
    broomstick plugins floating around, I think if you add these two plugins together, it should
    work like a charm:
    http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/basketballinminecraft/
    and
    http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/broomsticks/

As for a herbs plugin, that is possible. A plugin like that might be small, and very easily made.
    I ask, for your sake, that you go into more detail about how everything would work (by editing your post).
    There is a layout that is very handy, Link is http://bukkit.org/threads/read-me-first-plugin-requests-guide.81209/

Please tag me if you have any questions or concerns about my post. Good day to you

5. Offline

Gregory46

Ok so I got the map from online... Got some mobs plugins I will look into mythic mobs. The broomsticks pplugin does not seem to work...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.