Question Hardware requirements for CraftBukkit Server?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by DefNotABot, Sep 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

DefNotABot

Hello, I was thinking of using a Pi (Raspberry, Banana, Orange) for my personal CraftBukkit Server. To decide which Pi is best suited for this, I'd like to ask what hardware is required to run a Craftbukkit Server smoothly. The server is only supposed to manage one map (+ its dimensions) at a time, with 10 players at most and only about 5 mods. Thanks in advance!

2. Online

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

@DefNotABot I think that a pi is not strong enough to run a server. You could try it though.
    And Bukkit uses plugins, not mods.
    It depends on the dimensions, amount and size, on the plugins, what they do, how often they do that.

3. Offline

Zombie_Striker

@DefNotABot
    All three boards have 1GB ram. Based on the stats here, you need roughly 80mb just for the server itself (no plugins or players). Based on some of the users who replied to the thread, it seems that 1gb may be just enough to handle 10 players. Since plugins can vary in their size, I don't know if it can support all 5 of them. This is also not including the size of the map. This should be able to handle small maps, but most likely not anything more than a few hundred chunks. So for ram, it seems like it may be able handle it.

As for the the processors, they are using 1.2GHz processors, which are similar to my old system from the 2000's. Back then, when I had four players online with a few small plugins, it had occasional lag spikes for a fraction of a second (noticeable, but not game breaking.) The processor may occasionally lag, but it should be enough to handle it.

So yes, it may be fine with using a Pi, just don't expect it to run as well as if it was on a desktop.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.