Hardcore with Beds and Lives (Banned if you die too many times without a bed)

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by morshu9001, Feb 24, 2013.

1. Offline

morshu9001

I like hardcore mode on my server (a great way for democracy to ban annoying people), but I don't like how established players can die and get banned so easily.

A nice plugin, maybe called HardcoreControl, would make it so you can set the number of lives a player has. If a player dies without a valid bed, he loses a life. Otherwise, he just spawns at his bed as normal and does not lose a life.

There are some plugins like Lifetaker that give players lives and let people get lives when they kill others, but I want more than just that. Also, a lot of those are outdated.

A few other cool settings that could be added:
    - gain a life when you make someone lose a life
    - lose a life even if you die with a bed spawn set unless it is your last life
    - gain a life at the cost of a set item such as a diamond
    - very slowly regain lives when you play for a while
    - set a maximum life count that cannot be passed by gaining more lives
    - get teleported somewhere else if you lose all your lives then somewhere else yet again when you lose all your lives again (such as the Nether, End, a jail, an arena...)

Most importantly, MySQL should NOT be required to use this like LogBlock does for no reason. WTH?

2. Offline

NerdsWBNerds

You obviously don't understand how LogBlock works.

3. Offline

morshu9001

Explain then. There are plenty of protection plugins like CoreProtect and (outdated) BigBrother that do not require MySQL. LogBlock requires me to host a MySQL server on the same computer that the Bukkit server runs on. What's the point of that?