Hard Delay After Installing Some Plugins

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Didair, Jan 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Didair

Hello! I'm a newbie into Minecraft server, but i did get the bukkit mod working. At first it was so smooth and nicely runned. But after i have installed some few plugins into Bukkit I got a huge delay and people can't play on my server. I have tried removed all plugins from Bukkit and I have started the server without Bukkit but with no luck :(....

This is very confusing. My computer is very good and the server is also running in 1024mb RAM.
    I hope my English was good enough for you to understand.
    Thank's for helping me // Didair.

2. Offline

Didair

No one that can help me?

3. Offline

paletas

Well there are so many factors that can slow your server.
    1. Resources eager applications that are running in the background. (Ex. Antivirus scans)
    2. Issues with your internet connection, do you lag when connecting from the localhost?
    3. Heavy hard drive fragmentation.
    4. Did you remove the plugins from the plugins folder? Only changing the server.properties file doesn't disable them.
    5. And others..

4. Offline

Didair

Actually there's nothing wrong with my computer or internet connection. It's buckit.... :S My friends also tried Bukkit and after a while same thing happens, when i removed he's Minecraft Server folder and downloaded a new server from the website it worked. Hmm, why?

5. Offline

Brettflan

Switch to using the official Minecraft server JAR without Bukkit, but using the same world. You can then more accurately compare performance. If you start a new world, of course it's going to be performing better... at least for a while.

6. Offline

TnT

I run CraftBukkit v135 and do not see these issues. I have found Bukkit to run much better than hMod (build 133 anyway). It's either the build number you're using, the java version you're using, or your computer itself. If you already assume its not your computer, I'd suggest running a newer build of CraftBukkit.

7. Offline

Didair

Hey. Thx for replying, all of you. :)
    I'm going to try updating my Bukkit and Java version. I will edit soon with results! :D

EDIT:
    No.. The problem is still there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.