Halp with ubuntu and oracle jdk.

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by anon, Apr 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

anon

Hello. I currently have a brand new ubuntu x64 server, and im trying to install oracle JRE 7 on it.

Can soembody help me? I remember some time ago, when I had my previous server, with centos, that I downlaoded the .bin package, and it was pretty easy to install it.

But now, by request of a guy that runs server toguether with me, I put ubuntu. I know nothing of ubuntu. I also cant find anywhere the .bin download of the java.

The link I found is this one: http://download.java.net/jdk7/ so only .tar.gz
    How do I install teh JRE 7 on ubuntu then?

2. Offline

mughi

Java Download (any version)

click the JRE link under the big java button

you can also do it via apt/aptitude, but i don't know the package name offhand

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2016
  3. Offline

anon

Oh, sorry, forgot to mention that im trying to put the JRE 7 one. Thats why i get the problem. I cant find the .bin of taht one, only tar.gz, and I have no idea how to install that one.

Nvm, i managed to make it work. extracted it, then used
    Code:
    sudo update-alternatives --install /usr/bin/java java /usr/local/jre1.7.0/bin/java 1
    after that I
    Code:
    sudo update-alternatives --config java
    EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2016
  4. Offline

rymate1234

Was looking for this :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.