Hacked?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by sillyrosster, Jun 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

sillyrosster

So, I got emailed by a ton of people today saying the server was hacked because someone named Matty197 kicked them claiming he was a hacker.

This is what was in the logs..
    Code:
    2012-06-02 18:11:43 [INFO] KICKED: samdan () kicked player '': HAHAHHAHAH, this is matty197. I have hacked the server and kicked everyone.

It kicked everyone, then samdan, an Admin, logged off when they were all kicked. The only explanation I have is either his account was hacked or he did it..

Any ideas?

2. Offline

Gravity

Either the guy's little brother or someone who got his password and thinks he is an ub3r h4x0r who hacked the server. Whoever it is, it doesn't look like a big deal, but the guy should change his password (and possible reformat his computer) and you should take away his admin until he does.

3. Offline

Anavrins

Do you have more than one OP on your server?

4. Offline

AddictGamez

Get the server log, check the IP if it matches your admin.

5. Offline

sillyrosster

I am the only OP. I don't trust anyone else :p
    Will do.

6. Offline

number1_Master

Exactly! Trust is something hard a person has to gain!
    Anyway, back to the topic: I assume it is his little brother or something. If I were you, I would lookup matty on google, or any global ban system like mcbans.

7. Offline

Gravity

What I usually do is just disable op; we don't op anyone on the server, so I just made it so if a player is opped they are banned.

8. Offline

sillyrosster

I might do that because being op gets annoying because I can't control what I have and bukkit has op permissions, so why have it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.