Hacked protocol servers a huge issues for us small guys

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by wrecktify, Mar 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

wrecktify

Just about every big server I see has hacked their 1.4.7 server to accept 1.5 clients. This causes a huge fragmentation among users who play on bukkit servers. I'm a smaller server and don't have my own coding team to modify bukkit or plugins, so I have to wait. A large percentage of kids actually think these servers are running craftbukkit 1.5 which they are not and I write essay length replies with what's really going on but it doesn't matter, my server is the one "that is not updating to 1.5 and every other server already has".

Why cant you bigger servers stick with 1.4.7 like the rest of us and keep all the clients on 1.4.7 so there is less headache? This is a big problem for servers running craftbukkit.

2. Offline

Stevensaurus

They do it so their members can play the new Minecraft version with their friends; if you're against that then you have no heart.

3. Offline

TnT

They do it because they feel a buggy, crash prone server is more important than waiting and providing instructions on how to downgrade for users that need it. Personally, I feel like providing a good solid gameplay is more important.

Locked, because this is just getting flamed.

Seporator likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.