Hack Detection

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by dlange, Sep 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

dlange

What do people think the best way is to detect Kill Aura? At the moment i am using a 'fake' player that is spawned behind the player for 1/10th of a second, this works sometimes, but a lot of clients have found ways to bypass this, at the moment the only time kill aura hits the NPC is when it is in forcefield mode, not even killaura mode. I'm not going to detect their hits and such, as i have an anti-autoclicker which does that for me. So basically i want to know, no matter how hard it is to code, but IDEAS of to what could detect kill aura.

Thanks for any help.
    ~ dlange (Erouax - new IGN)

2. Offline

mine-care

@dlange
    The unrealistic aproach based on "no matter how hard it is to code":
    Break in their pc, locate mc, and check if the client is moded xD Jk.
    Well if you want to be 100% safe, you can force them to use a custom mod on their client that will ensure it has no cheats on it and based on that it will comunicate with your plugin. but that is hard and none will go in the trouble of installing a mod just to join a single server.

Otherwise the player apearing sounds nice although as you said it works only for forcefield.
    It can be done by counting the total hits and the successfull ones, like if the player clicks 20 times and all 20 are on the target it becomes a bit suspicius, but again that isnt accurate...

Cant think of anything other that the fake entities spawning arroung the player.

3. Offline

dlange

@mine-care yeah it really is a struggle to find new ways, all public ways are bypassed so far. Badlion's GCheat is the best atm, it doesn't use entities spawning but noone knows what it does do, as they aren't going to say so that clients cant bypass it for a while (fair enough that they dont give it out). I'm not interested in using a custom mod as, like you said people won't be bothered. IMO a good anticheat like GCheat or Pro Anti Hack (from promcgames) is better than custom client mods.

The way about looking at how many hits they get out of how many times they swung is a good way i think, but would detect aimbot more than killaura. Killaura doesn't always hit them anyway, AND some people could get 18/20 or even 20/20 hits on.

The struggle is real xD

4. Offline

mine-care

Pretty logical, but im sure it wont last for long.

#SoTrue

Zombie_Striker and dlange like this.
  5. Offline

dlange

bump?

6. Offline

mythbusterma

@dlange

For what? We've already said this is a losing battle.

7. Offline

dlange

@mythbusterma But it's still worth attempting to prevent it for now. I found out that the killaura doesn't hit new entities, they have to be spawned for X seconds to do (this is configurable on some clients). I'm going to try spawning entities when they join, then tp them to the player when needed, ill post if it worked.

Orange Tabby likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.