Gun plugin (launch activated TNT)

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by corenting, Jun 22, 2011.

1. Offline

corenting

Hello,

I wanted to know if someone could create a plugin that will create a activated TNT where we are looking when we are holding a object.
    Ex : I'm on a mountain, i hold a stick, i right-click while looking down into the valley and an activated TNT spawn where I'm looking.

Also, it would be great if we could configure (with commands or config file) how much TNT does it spawn.

2. Offline

oz_revulsion

Ha sounds like fun. I'll give this a shot when I get home.

3. Offline

corenting

Cool ! Thank you very much.
    I want a total war on my chaos world :mad:

4. Offline

oz_revulsion

Alright at this point I have the basic concept working. When you right click something in the distance it freaking blows the hell up!!! It is just as awesome as you have laid out I was playing for like 10 minutes straight blowing stuff up it was awesome. Just so you know it doesn't spawn TNT it just blows stuff up so I hope you weren't wanting that desperately to be part of it.

So yeah just let me build in the rest of the stuff like making it so stuff only turns to hell when you have a certain item in your hand, a configuration file and given what this plugin can do permissions are definitely called for! Give me a week or two to clean it all up and then I'll release it. I'll post a link to the release page here when its done.

Cheers
    Oz

5. Offline

corenting

Don't worry for TNT it's not very important. I just want it to blow stuff ! Thank you again !

6. Offline

oz_revulsion

Just thought I would post a quick update so you knew I wasn't afk on this one. I have been updating WurkIt this week because of the RB update and I have a few other things to work on with too so I have been a bit distracted. I have sat down and worked on this a bit tonight though. I have designed a config file so you can set what item you want to be the gun, a cooldown setting so you can say how often someone should be able to fire the gun, the size of the explosion you want the gun to create, the range of the gun and whether you want to fire the gun like a pistol or a canon (i.e. what do you want it to do when you point at something out of range? Nothing or create an explosion in the sky?) Also I thought it would be cool to be able to make it so that you have to use items as ammo so I have put in settings for that so you can make it so you could make it so you have to use gold ingots as bullets if you want (at least they'll have a use then) or perhaps you can set it to be tnt blocks so you can imitate your TNT gun idea. Obviously I'll make it so you can have this off too and just make the gun fire with unlimited ammo.

In any case like I said I have built in the structure of the config file and all the stuff necessary to load it in as well as some basic version control, now I just need the plugin to do something with the config once its loaded in. But given I already have the gun working that should be the easy bit. Then its just permissions and I'm ready for release. Sorry for the wait hope you think its worth it.

Cheers
    Oz

7. Offline

corenting

I can wait, because i'm in vacation. And it seems awesome. Thx again ! Sorry for the short reply, i'm on my phone.

8. Offline

oz_revulsion

Alright Bud I'm all done. But I spent 8 hours today finishing it up and making a video tutorial to put on youtube to add to the plugin thread. Forgive me but I am a bit strung out now so I wont be making the plugin thread and uploading it all etc until tomorrow night I just can't handle any more of it! If your interested to know it will be called the GoldenGun. Hope you like it! Now there is just a little matter of payment....RELAX I'M KIDDING! We'll speak again soon. Catch bud.

Cheers
    Oz

9. Offline

corenting

Cool name (from James Bond ?). The release match the day were I'm at home. I will destroy some chunks with it ! I sent you some cash inside a sort of green pet with 4 feet... Don't worry, it doesn't bit, it just make "ssss" when it deliver the cash :D .

10. Offline

oz_revulsion

Yeah I found a bit more motivation deep down so I uploaded it. I am now just waiting for the tutorial video to upload to youtube to complete the post. I would advise that you watch that before you start playing with the configuration just so you don't blow your whole server up. I'll post up the youtube link on the plugin thread tomorrow morning. Enjoy!

http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/fu...mate-spleef-weapon-and-mining-tool-953.24424/

11. Offline

corenting

Cool ! I will test it when I will be able to play Minecraft.