-Guilds/Towns/Factions/Teams/Clans Solution- Less admin/mod greif

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Insanehero, Aug 2, 2011.

1. Offline

Insanehero

What I am looking for is a plugin to solve some of the problems the guilds,towns,factions,etc plugins have. We will just call them guilds for the sake of typing.

Currently, these are steps in creating a guild on just about every server that has some kind of team plugin and chat plugin.
    - A user creates a guild (Or a user must apply for a guild like my server and many other servers and then the admin will have to create the guild then wait for the person that applied for that guild to be online so they can give it to them)
    - An admin must then create a permission group for that guild name so the players can have a tag (Unless your a server that doesn't use a chat plugin, but now days everyone does)
    - Now every time a new member wants to join that guild a admin/mod has to be online to change their group so they may have the guild tag
    - If a player wants to change guilds there must also be an admin/mod online to change that users tag
    - In addition to this mayhem, if there is a player with a donator rank that wants to join a guild a admin must then create permission groups for all guilds with groups for all the donator tiers.

This is a very time consuming and ridiculous way of doing things. Seeing as an admin and a mod would have to be on 24/7 creating and maintaining the guilds. It just isn't logical. Please notifiy me if there is a different way of going about this.

This problem could be solved with a couple of modifications. Have the plugin be compatible with Herochat (Because it's what every server with channels uses). That way admins don't have to create new groups and add players to groups just for a tag. Also have it so admins can create guilds and then make the user who applied for it the owner of it without the user even having to be online at the time.

Thanks for listening, I hope someone can help create a plugin to get rid of this hassle.

2. Offline

Wakko

Maybe just ask the plugin makers to add a chat variable (like prefix/suffix) to user and group permissions. If the person doesn't belong to a guild, it simply won't appear before their name in chat.
    Is that what you're asking?

3. Offline

ledhead900

Does that really happen ? Not on my server, I don't use Herochat* but it does work with the Factions* plugin. My users join and leave guilds as they see fit, They don't me online to do anything in relation to guilds each guild has a leader and they can open or make it private at anytime they choose the chat tags are displayed only on people with a guild or a member such.

I don't have a millions permission ties if someone wants to create a guild they donate a small fee for VIP donations go towards running costs, Then I simply rank them via in game to VIP or via the config manually changing just the one user then do permissions config reload on the sever console or in-game. That is literally the only thing stopping you from creating a faction and dealing with all the fuss of that yourself. If want to see how this works you're welcome to check us out.

@ mindcalf.sytes.net I'm sure one of the factions are on open invite still.