Filled Guard Dog (ORIGINAL plugin idea)

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Da_Pepsi_Monster, Nov 16, 2013.

1. Plugin category: Fun

Suggested name: GuardDog

What I want: Let me say this. This is not a plugin to log when blocks are broken or placed. This is completely different. I also believe that this is an original idea! (minecraft-wise)

So I would like for when a command is used, a wolf will spawn at [player]'s location. The wolf(s) will be agressive torwards all players except the [player]. Further more, multiple wolfs can be spawned!

The needs to have a few basic config settings:
    • Strength
    • Speed
    • Health
    • Despawn time
    The strength and speed settings are just the potion effects the wolfs spawn with. The despawn setting is the amount of time after the wolf has spawned, that it will automatically despawn (in ticks). The command MUST be able to be used from the console or I have no use of this plugin.
    "strength" config setting is the strength potion effect level the wolf spawns with.
    "speed" config setting is the swiftness potion effect level the wolf spawns with.
    "health" config setting is the amount of health the wolf spawns with (in 1/2-hearts).
    "despawn-time" is the amount of time, in seconds that the wolf despawns after spawning.

Ideas for commands: [variable] - required field; <variable> - optional field
    /guarddog spawn [player] <amount>
    /guarddog reload
    Aliases: /guarddog, /gd, /guard, /dog

Ideas for permissions:
    guarddog.spawn
    guarddog.reload

When I'd like it by: About 2-3 weeks :D

2. Offline

Zarko

3. Offline

JRL1004

Da_Pepsi_Monster Why does this give me the impression of a Guard Dog from COD: Ghosts? :confused:

4. Anyway yes, my server is a Call of Duty server. That is why I am using certain things from different Call of Duty's. Also, I havn't even played or seen Ghosts. I have only played Black Ops I, MW3 and Black Ops II from the Call of Duty series.

So the question is, would you be interested in making this? :D

bump

5. Offline

JRL1004

Da_Pepsi_Monster Yes I would be interested in making this but I am currently overburdened. As soon as I am able to participate in this project I will get back to you but, until then, I suggest you keep looking for a dev.

6. Offline

Desle

Doesn´t sound too hard? Sounds fun instead :D!

I'll try it! Don't be mad if i fail or stop working on it :).
    Since you're going to use the command from the console.. i won't add any messages like "Player now has a guard dog" or.. "Invalid player"...

EDIT: Should i make it so the command will be /guarddog spawn <player> <amount> <speedlevel> <strengthlevel> <health> <time>?

7. No, just with the config settings please :D
    Thank you :D

8. Offline

Desle

[quote uid=90872590 name="Da_Pepsi_Monster" post=2011406]No, just with the config settings please :D
    Thank you :D[/quote]

Rapapapapaaaa!!!
    <Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>

EDIT: If you don't put an int as amount of dogs to spawn, it'll give an error. +, /guarddog reload can only be executed from console, just like /guarddog spawn. :D

Another thing, if you put 0 as potionlevel, it might give an error, idk... i'm pretty sure you have to give it a potioneffect though. (minimal 1)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2016
  9. [quote uid=90856537 name="Desle" post=2011410]Rapapapapaaaa!!!

EDIT: If you don't put an int as amount of dogs to spawn, it'll give an error. +, /guarddog reload can only be executed from console, just like /guarddog spawn. :D[/quote]

Wow that was fast O.O

Before I test it out, the commands and permissions are the same as in my original post? Just making sure so I don't mess up :p

10. Offline

Desle

No permissions, just executeable from console.
    I edited my last post, just saying if you didin't see it already :)

/guarddog spawn <player> <amount> spawns guarddogs for a player.
    /guarddog reload reloads the configuration file.

11. Ok, the wolf spawns, but it isnt agressive torwards players.

EDIT: Never mind, the wolfs are agressive torwards players, EXCEPT, they are only agressive torwards the player they they are summoned to

12. Offline

Desle

well.. i mean.. they're guarddogs.. they only attack if something attacks their owner! ;P
    should i change it?

13. The wolfs are only agressive to the [player] they are spawned to

14. Offline

Desle

I don't get it? let me re-read post..

EDIT: idk if i can make that :C

15. Come on this server war.codex-mc.net
    It is my personal test server. Currently 1.6.4

16. Offline

CaptainWalrus

Mo[quote uid=90856537 name="Desle" post=2011410]Rapapapapaaaa!!!

EDIT: If you don't put an int as amount of dogs to spawn, it'll give an error. +, /guarddog reload can only be executed from console, just like /guarddog spawn. :D

Another thing, if you put 0 as potionlevel, it might give an error, idk... i'm pretty sure you have to give it a potioneffect though. (minimal 1)[/quote]
    Mother. Of. Errors..

Jake6177 likes this.
  17. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

Most devs like it when you also post the errors :p

CaptainWalrus likes this.
  18. Offline

CaptainWalrus

Too late, deleted the file ;)