GroupManagerManager (Complicated plugin request)

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by michaelkrauty, Jun 30, 2013.

1. Offline

michaelkrauty

I have a large request for whoever's up for the challenge...

Suggested name: GroupManagerManager

Info on the plugin:

I'm setting up a new donation system for my Bukkit server, and need a plugin I haven't seen anywhere else. I want the donation system to be subscription-based (a dollar or two per month). Currently, there are 6 groupmanager ranks which players can buy with ingame money. Ingame money is gained by pvping, building, etc. What I want to do is add a 7th "donor" rank. The problem: Since it's subscription based, once someone's month is up, they need to be demoted back to the rank they were at before they were promoted. Buycraft has expiry commands, but Buycraft has no idea what rank the player was before they were promoted. What I need this plugin to have is 2 console commands: GroupManagerManagerPromote, and GroupManagerManagerDemote. I need the plugin to find what group the player belongs to when the promote command is run, log this information to a log file, and when the demotion command is run, return them to their original rank.

Essentially, here's what's going to happen:
    A user will donate a small amount of money to the server. When this happens, Buycraft will execute the command "GroupManagerManager Promote <player> <world>", and the player will be promoted to the donor rank. Once their month is up, Buycraft will execute the expiry command "GroupManagerManager Demote <player> <world>". This will return the player to the rank they were before the promotion.

Ideas for commands: GroupManagerManager

Ideas for permissions: No permissions needed for this plugin.

When I'd like it by: As soon as possible

If I was unclear with something, please leave a comment asking for clarification. This plugin is a bit hard to explain

2. Offline

thegarfish

This can be done through Buycraft..

1. Create a new package
    2. Name/Create the package
    3. Where you select how much it cost, there is a place to input a number that will define how many days until it expires. Put the number of days you want the package to last. Ex. 15/30/45/etc.
    --IN THE COMMAND AREA--
    4. If using groupmanager the first command should be /manuadd {name} [NewRank]
    5. On the second line to demote them after their time is up, there is a dropdown box to the left of the line that you input the command. This dropdown box should be set to Expiry. This means after the time that you set in step 3 this command will be ran. The command that goes into this line should be /manuadd {name} [OriginalRank].

If you need me to make a video on how to do this, just ask. :p

3. Offline

michaelkrauty

Yes, I know how Buycraft works, I have a premium subscription.
    The point is that the user has to be added to their original group automatically when their 30 days is up. And the user who donated could be any of 6 ranks. That's why I need a seperate plugin for this

4. Offline

thegarfish

I understand you want it to be automatic, If you have a base rank, and they are ALL expiry as you stated, then it shouldn't be an issue. The expiry commands are ran automatically whenever the time is up. You just have to make sure that the expiry command points them back to the base group.

5. Offline

Necrodoom

would be easier to use a subgroup here.

6. Offline

thegarfish

^ You can also delete the subgroup after their payed time is up. :p

7. Offline

michaelkrauty

You don't understand;
    When a player donates, they can be any one of SIX ranks. I can't just demote them to a certain rank, because that rank could be higher/lower than their original rank.

8. Offline

thegarfish

So you don't have a non-donor rank?

Can I see a website/list of ranks?

9. Offline

michaelkrauty

There are 6 base ranks. Players don't have to donate to obtain these. What I want to do is add a 7th donor rank, which buycraft adds people to when they donate. The thing is, once the person's month is up, I can't just add them to a random rank from the base 6.. I have to add them to the same group they were in before they donated.

See for yourself:
    play.plotcraft.org

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2016
  10. Offline

Necrodoom

as i said, add donator as subgroup, and delete it after its over. would cause less issues later on when you have mod vips.

11. Offline

michaelkrauty

That's a good idea. I've never used subgroups before. I'll give that a try

12. Offline

Necrodoom

its a normal group, you just add it as /manuaddsub

13. Offline

michaelkrauty

Alright, I got it.
    Thanks necro

14. Offline

thegarfish

necrodoom I never even knew that command existed.. I have been using GM plugin for a very... very long time. I normally do /manuaddv {name} subgroup {group}.

15. Offline

Necrodoom

timtower likes this.