Solved Groupmanager Global Users

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Larry Newman, Apr 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Larry Newman

This might be a bit confusing if you don't understand Groupmanager's group/user trees in the config.yml file.

Basically, what I'm trying to do is have seperate worlds that have the same users (Global Users) but different permsision groups. Example: Lets say I'm added to the admin group in a world called Factions, and we have kick and ban. Factions is a parent to the worlds: Factions_Nether and Factions_End. They all share the same permission group and users. Now lets say since I'm in the Admin group in Factions, I want to join another world with a different group tree. Lets say this world is called SillyBanana. 'SillyBanana' is a parent to the worlds: SillyBanana_Nether and SillyBanana_End, just like Factions, but with a different name. I want to be able to be an Admin in SillyBanana without manually adding myself to Factions and SillyBanana seperately. So basically, this is global users. Also, I want each tree of worlds (Parent/Child World Section) to have a seperate permission group. So again, lets say I get added to the group 'Admin' in the world 'Factions'. In this group, the only permissions we have is Kick and Ban. Now I want to switch worlds to the world 'SillyBanana'. In this world, I want to be the same user as Factions, which is Admin, but have different permissions. So, Admin in 'Factions' has Kick and Ban, while the Admin in 'SillyBanana' only has Kick.

The problem I'm running into, is that Groupmanager doesn't want to behave correctly, or I'm just missing something. Below is what my group trees look like:
    http://pastebin.com/w27Rgwya

What I'm trying to accomplish in the syntax, is that the all_unnamed_worlds mirror will share the same users as the parent, and since all_unnamed_worlds is every world that isn't listed, it should mirror to all worlds the same groups as the parent. But it doesn't, so that's where I need the magnificent power of the minds at the Bukkit forums to help me in my crusade to analytical independence.

Thanks in advance.

Well I'm a silly banana. I fixed it. For others searching for a solution, this is what I did:

Code:
            Hub:
              Factions:
              - users
              SillyBanana:
              - users

I just added this above my other group trees. The Hub is the parent, which is my server spawn world.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.