Group Reading & Showing.

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by Jaackk, Jan 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Jaackk

Plugin category: Chat

Suggested name: Group Reader

What I want:

I am looking for a plugin that is capable of reading groups from a permissions plugin and can show multiple groups in chat format. An example of the current chat format is like so:

[Group] Jaackk [Group] >> Hello

I would like this plugin to be able to read the groups, and be able to add them to the chat format. Here is an example:

[Group] [Group 1] Jaackk [Group 2] [Group 3]

I use PermissionsEx for my permissions and groups.

It is important that this plugin can work with the chat format of the 'MassiveCore Factions' plugin. I use the chat format for this plugin.

Ideas for commands and permissions:

GroupRead.showgroup - This permission in a group, would allow the group to be showed as one of the multiple groups.

GroupRead.priority.(amount) - This permission in a group, would make sure that this group is showed first, before any other. A group with the permission GroupRead.priority.1 would be before a group with the permission GroupRead.priority.2

GroupRead.exempt - This permission in a group, would make this group the only showing group a user can have. If any user has this group, whether the group has a prefix or a suffix, that would be the ONLY prefix/suffix shown. An example of why this is:

[Owner] Jaackk >> Hello

I wouldn't want the higher tier Staff ranks to have all their in game ranks groups show as their chat would go on for too long.

PLEASE NOTE: I AM NOT 100% SURE THAT THE PERMISSIONS IS THE EASIEST WAY TO CHANGE THE WAY THE GROUPS ARE SHOWN. IF THERE IS AN EASIER WAY PLEASE, FEEL FREE TO LET ME KNOW.

When I'd like it by:

28th January if possible please! :D

2. Offline

pie_flavor

@Jaackk Why not just use GroupManager instead of PEX since it does that automatically?

3. Offline

Jaackk

Interesting, I wasn't aware of that,

I have always used PEx and am so used to it. I know this would be somewhat lightweight and all my groups, players are already set up with Permisisons.

Hope you can understand,

Best Regards,
    Jack.

4. Offline

pie_flavor

@Jaackk An oft-repeated quote of mine is that no developer will build something for you that exists already, especially if the words 'hassle' or 'always used' appear anywhere in the reason.

5. Offline

Jaackk

So I'm looking for an extension for PermissionsEx,

It doesn't exist yet and can be done as proven in similar plugins,

The same as the similar plugins not having features PEx does,

This is what I need and I have several plugins that hook into PEx alone (custom) so wouldn't work without,

Hope this clears things up,

Best Regards,
    Jack.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.