Group Permission Teleport

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by The_Punkster, Feb 23, 2013.

1. Offline

The_Punkster

Plugin category: Teleportation

Suggested name: GroupTele

What I want:
    A simple, light teleportation plugin that has permissions that allow a specific group to ONLY teleport to another defined group.

This would basically be made so that, for example, players cannot teleport to mods, etc.

Ideas for commands: /tp <name> (Usual)

Ideas for permissions: grouptele.<groupname>

When I'd like it by: ASAP

2. Offline

Mitch_

really, just use simple warps, you can give permissions for a specified warp

3. Offline

The_Punkster

Only issue, it's not a specified warp.

They're teleporting to players.

EG>

Player 1 is in group default
    Player 2 is in group elite
    Player 3 is in group mod

Player 2 has the permission : grouptele.default

He can teleport the player 1 (/tp player1) but he is not allowed to teleport to the "mod" group.

4. Offline

iWareWolf

The_Punkster
    What are your groups? I can do this instantly

5. Offline

The_Punkster

Well I have a bunch of groups, but could you possibly tell me how? I'm on my phone at and I know I have like 10+ groups

6. Offline

psycowithespn

I'm working on this right now. I assume you want it to also have the functionality of a normal /tp, like player to player, coords and such as well?

7. Offline

The_Punkster

I would like it to be just a normal tp, tppos is optional.

8. Offline

psycowithespn

The_Punkster likes this.
  9. Offline

The_Punkster

I'm assuming this overrides the other plugins right?

Anyways, thanks a bunch, testing it in a sec.

Works fine on my test server however I don't have essentials, or a lot of those plugin that can possibly override it.

Thank-you very much, sir.

Everytime I try teleporting on my server, (I'm OP), this is an error that comes up:

Code:
    24.02 10:25:54 [Server] INFO Read timed out
    24.02 10:25:43 [Server] INFO ... 15 more
    24.02 10:25:43 [Server] INFO at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:44)
    24.02 10:25:43 [Server] INFO at com.psyco.grouptele.TpCommand.onCommand(TpCommand.java:40)
    24.02 10:25:43 [Server] INFO at com.psyco.grouptele.VaultCompat.getGroup(VaultCompat.java:34)
    24.02 10:25:43 [Server] INFO Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
    24.02 10:25:43 [Server] INFO at net.minecraft.server.v1_4_R1.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:849)
    24.02 10:25:43 [Server] INFO at net.minecraft.server.v1_4_R1.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:427)
    24.02 10:25:43 [Server] INFO at net.minecraft.server.v1_4_R1.MinecraftServer.q(MinecraftServer.java:494)
    24.02 10:25:43 [Server] INFO at net.minecraft.server.v1_4_R1.DedicatedServer.r(DedicatedServer.java:224)
    24.02 10:25:43 [Server] INFO at net.minecraft.server.v1_4_R1.MinecraftServer.r(MinecraftServer.java:598)
    24.02 10:25:43 [Server] INFO at net.minecraft.server.v1_4_R1.DedicatedServerConnection.b(SourceFile:30)
    24.02 10:25:43 [Server] INFO at net.minecraft.server.v1_4_R1.ServerConnection.b(SourceFile:39)
    24.02 10:25:43 [Server] INFO at net.minecraft.server.v1_4_R1.PlayerConnection.d(PlayerConnection.java:113)
    24.02 10:25:43 [Server] INFO at net.minecraft.server.v1_4_R1.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:290)
    24.02 10:25:43 [Server] INFO at net.minecraft.server.v1_4_R1.Packet3Chat.handle(Packet3Chat.java:44)
    24.02 10:25:43 [Server] INFO at net.minecraft.server.v1_4_R1.PlayerConnection.a(PlayerConnection.java:853)
    24.02 10:25:43 [Server] INFO at net.minecraft.server.v1_4_R1.PlayerConnection.chat(PlayerConnection.java:898)
    24.02 10:25:43 [Server] INFO at net.minecraft.server.v1_4_R1.PlayerConnection.handleCommand(PlayerConnection.java:980)
    24.02 10:25:43 [Server] INFO at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_4_R1.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:514)
    24.02 10:25:43 [Server] INFO at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:186)
    24.02 10:25:43 [Server] INFO at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:46)
    24.02 10:25:43 [Server] INFO org.bukkit.command.CommandException: Unhandled exception executing command 'tp' in plugin GroupTele v1.0

I can teleport to another OP, (He's an "Admin")

This happens when I tele to a default player.

10. Offline

psycowithespn

Which permission plugin do you use for this? It appears that the default group you have doesn't exist with it.

11. Offline

The_Punkster

I use permissionsBukkit.

I also tried this with another account.

So the account is an "Platinum" account, and I'm trying to teleport to someone in the "default" group.

The Platinum permissions are as follows:

grouptele.Platinum: true
    grouptele.Elite: true
    grouptele.VIP: true
    grouptele.default: true

Turns out I can teleport to other ranks, but not "default".
    (Only tested on 1 other rank)

12. Offline

psycowithespn

Ok, I see the problem now. I have it fixed within the hour.

Edit: Easier to fix than I thought. New download: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/59767756/GroupTele-Fixed.zip

This version creates a config.yml that has an option called 'default-group'. This option is the groupname of anyone that doesn't have a group or is 'default' in permissionsbukkit, so you won't have to switch it unless you switch permissions plugins.

13. Offline

The_Punkster

So I don't need to edit this right? Considering I have a "default" group in my permissions.

Also, do you plan to make a professional thread and release this? You should. :p

14. Offline

psycowithespn

Yes, you don't need to edit this. I might eventually make a "professional" thread for it.

15. Offline

The_Punkster

Ah, alrighty.

And you really should, I'm sure a lot of servers would benefit from this. I can even make you a little thread if ya want.