Group Manager Won't Remove Permissions

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by BobTheHunted, Jun 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

BobTheHunted

Hello. I am trying to stop players from using the /kit tools command in my server. Here is what I do: /mangdelp Builder essentials.kit.*

And then all it says is "That group doesn't have direct access to that command" and they can still spawn kits. I have had this problem while trying to remove other permissions too. Please help...

2. Offline

GerCraft

hi, there are 2 ways to prevent players from getting /kit tools 100 times a day.

1.method
    set up the time delay for /kit tools in your ../essentials/config.yml

Code:
    kits:
      tools:
        delay: 2592000
    so they can use /kit tools only once within 30 days.

2. method
    remove the permissions from your ../GroupManager/globalgroups.yml
    Code:
        - essentials.kits.tools
    remove it or set # right before it.
    Code:
    #    - essentials.kits.tools
    hope this helps :)

3. Offline

Bobcat00

The correct permission is essentials.kits.* (kits is plural).
    You might also have to remove essentials.kit (this one is singular, and no star).

4. Offline

Necrodoom

delp only works if the permission is direct given. if its inherited from another group, you need to add a negation node.

5. Offline

BobTheHunted

GerCraft That worked but the permissions problem still persists...

6. Offline

Necrodoom

7. Offline

Bobcat00

What worked and what problem still persists?

8. Offline

BobTheHunted

Bobcat00 I still cant add or remove permissions using commands

necrodoom then how do i deny access to commands in game?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2016
  9. Offline

Kolugo

What your server means when it says, "That group doesn't have direct access to that command", it means they're inheriting that permission from another group. If you want to disable it from them, either you negate the permission (-), or you've got to disable it from whichever group originally has that permission (I'm assuming it would be your default group).

It would be 100x more helpful if you put a pastebin of your permissions config.

10. Offline

Bobcat00

Exactly what command did you issue and exactly what response did you get? What shows up on the server log file?

11. Offline

BobTheHunted

Kolugo How do I do this in game? My server cant be taken down or reloaded...

12. Offline

Kolugo

/mangaddp Builder -essentials.kits.*

Make sure that you include the negate (-) node. If that doesn't work, try:

/mangaddp Builder -essentials.kits.Tools

13. Offline

BobTheHunted

Kolugo Oh, I will test that right now...
    That worked, but how do I add nodes?

Kolugo So to add nodes do I put a plus or something?
    Oh and I noticed something. I gave a permission to a group that I want to remove. It says it is in the list when I use the manglist command, but it won't let me remove that very same permission. That HAS to be a bug right?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2016
  14. Offline

Kolugo

Most likely, or a neglect to /manload or restart the server.

In order to add permissions, you type the command /mangaddp <GROUP ><PERMISSION>
    for a full list of GroupManager commands and information, take a look at it's wiki:
    http://wiki.ess3.net/wiki/Group_Manager/Commands

15. Offline

BobTheHunted

Kolugo So since It says that the player/group already has direct access to that command, and there is no other way to give permissions, it is impossible to give people some permissions?

16. Offline

Kolugo

BobTheHunted
    I don't understand. If you want to give a player or group a permission that they already have access to, there's no issue there.

17. Offline

Necrodoom

explain exactly what it shows when you try to delete the permission.
    it means they already have that permission, what would be the point of giving it again?

18. Offline

BobTheHunted

Kolugo That is what it says, but the groups/players still can't use those commands... I know that I have the permissions right too...

19. Offline

Necrodoom

then, what permission you gave and what command they cant do. youd need to give us more info.
    also, make sure it actually says superperms returns true, if not, then you have another permission plugin conflicting.

20. Offline

Kolugo

BobTheHunted
    Did you try restarting your server after giving them the permission? Did you make sure they did not have the node negated? You can do this with /manulistp. Sometimes, it'll tell you they've direct permission for this, but it may also be negated.

21. Offline

Necrodoom

it would say it is negated.
    looks like the problem he is giving wrong perm, probably because command is overridden.

22. Offline

Kolugo

I think you misunderstood. I was telling him that the node may also be negated; not that GroupManager would fail to say it. GM will usually tell you the specific node the group has alongside it's message;
    [​IMG]

That being said, BobTheHunted, do you mind posting a list of all of your plugins?

23. Offline

Necrodoom

yes, but groupmanager wise, it would only say the node is negated.

24. Offline

Kolugo

necrodoom
    Indeed. the picture was to point out how specific GM is. I never said it shouldn't tell you the node wasn't negated, but suggesting that it may be. We're getting off-topic, again. this isn't helping the OP.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.