Group Manager GUI Project - need a GUI guy

Discussion in 'Bukkit Tools' started by howimineforfish, Jan 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

howimineforfish

Hi,

Building a GUI is not my forte. Is anyone seriously interested in building a GUI in Java for my project? I have the back-end completed, minus some fancy features. As far as I know all aspects of the YML file are modifiable; read and write works too. Even if you can just make it look pretty I can add functionality.

I've seen a few tools for Group Manager, but the download is either dead or the project abandoned and incomplete. It could theoretically work on any permission plugin with some minor re-writes (more OO) to how documents are read and written.

For anyone interested, here's the java files (also attached to thread): <Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>

Files are provided as is with absolutely no license crap. They're free game, use them however you want.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2016
  2. Offline

Goblom

howimineforfish

If using Eclipse install Window Builder, if you are using Netbeans there is a Swing GUI Builder built in...

Both will do roughly the same thing, they allow you to design the gui inside the IDE and you can test/debug said gui directly from the IDE as well.

3. Offline

Not2EXceL

GUI builders bloat code unnecessarily. And swing isn't too hard to learn Xd.

4. Offline

howimineforfish

Using IntelliJ. I probably could learn it myself if nobody is interested but, it'll be the ugliest sonnofagun you've ever seen.

5. Offline

Goblom

howimineforfish Nothing is uglier then dem gui builders, but they work ;)

6. Offline

Beatsleigher

If you're in need of a GUI designer, I can be of help.
    I can code Swing UIs, custom and default.
    Personally, I use NetBeans, but if it's only the front-end, I can be of help.
    Msg me, if you want me :)

7. Offline

xJeremyCx

Netbeans is the best tool to help you to build GUI.

jthort likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.