Group And user plugin

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Musame, Apr 14, 2011.

1. Offline

Musame

Hi, my name is Kevin and i´m from Germany. The Minecraft Germany Community is really big and we have beginn a new area in germany with minecraft servers buuuut We use bevore patch 1.4 h-mod... its simple to use and have good and simple plugins (the group and users scripting its so easy its the most famous on h-mod its... epic.. so with 1.4 h-mod is defentiv be death.. no new update is comming.. and so .. i use bukkit and... no groups? no user interface? need 4 all an plugin... and back to the groups.. its to difficulty i dont understand that permissions addon and that essentials group manager system :( can u bukkit programmer intergrate an h-mod based group and user system on zhe bukkit main data? but.. h-mods group system its be epic :D i like it.. can create so many groups with permissions and in an easy way.. so z.b 2 admins with all permissions and a lot of groups with restrictetd permissions u.s.w.
    so my questin is in the text^^ i hope u can read that shit i write but my english isn really good .. im sorry 4 this but i hope u can filter my question abouve this text ^^

so long greez on bukkit
    und viele liebe grüße aus deutschland :D

2. Offline

lycano

Hi Musame/Kevin,

click show spoiler for the german version
    Show Spoiler

zur Zeit gibts meiner Meinung nach brauchbar nur das Permissions Plugin v2.6. Da wird auch sehr viel dran gearbeitet und es wird von den meisten Plugin Devs auch unterstützt. Der Essentials Group Manager ist einfach wird aber nicht häufig eingesetzt.

Permissions zu konfigurieren ist etwas hakelig. Muss man sich erstmal dran gewöhnen. Ich würde dir empfehlen die ZIP-Datei runter zu laden und die Default-Config anzuschauen. Dann sollte das klappen.

Die default Gruppe ist mit default=true gesetzt. Das sind jene, die nicht unten in der Usertabelle stehen. dort sollte build: false gesetzt sein. Inhertiance (Vererbung) hier nicht setzen. Auch keine anderen neuen Gruppen darauf basierend erstellen also nicht bei anderen "Inherit <deine default gruppe>" angeben.

Im Grunde funktioniert das System so ... die nodes der plugins z.b. essentials.tp.* zu der permissions Liste hinzufügen. Es gilt "alles was gelistet ist (ohne minus vor der node z.b. - '-essentials.*') wird erlaubt und alles was du weglässt wird verboten.

Ich würde dir empfehlen eine Zwischen-Gruppe zu erstellen. Eine der du die Nodes hinzufügst die alle können sollen. z.b. Chat oder sowas. Dann erstellst du Gruppen die durch Inhertiance auf diese Gruppe zeigen und fügst der neuen Gruppe die Sachen hinzu, die sie ausserdem noch machen darf.

Dann solltest du erstmal keine Schwierigkeiten bekommen. Die Liste der Nodes findest du bei den entsprechenden Plugins. Wichtig ist, wenn du essentials nutz: Achte darauf, das du kein Plugin nutzt was damit im konflikt steht! z.b. generals darfst du dann nicht nutzen. Dazu am Besten die Essentials Wiki lesen (ganz oben ist das aufgeführt)

Sollte es mal so sein, das du einem Benutzer der nen höheren Rang hat wirklich ein oder zwei Sachen nicht erlauben willst dann fügst du das einfach bei dem Benutzer hinzu. Nicht bei der Gruppe (siehe Readme)

Den Admins solltest du '*' geben und nicht mehr oder weniger. Damit dürfen die alles. Es macht hier keinen Sinn zu restriktieren. Entweder sie dürfen alles oder nicht. Dann ists aber kein Admin mehr ;)

Noch ein Hinweis: Wenn du erstmal alle Plugins installiert hast kannst du dich an die Zugriffsrechte machen. Vorher macht das weniger Sinn. Hast du das erstmal geschaft und denkst jetzt vll. "ich muss immer in die config rein?" dann merke dir so oft installierst du keine neuen plugins und das sind wenn dann auch nur 4 oder 5 neue zeilen, die du hinzufügen musst ^^

In Zukunft wird das übrigens noch optimiert werden. Dann gibts Befehle die dir das erleichtern.

Hoffe das hilft dir erstmal weiter.

Grüße aus Köln ^^

show spoiler for the english version
    Show Spoiler

in my opinion there is only one useful group plugin at this time called Permissions v2.6. It is the most supported Plugin i've ever seen. The Essentials Group Manager is a very limited environment. It currently dont supports GroupManager or Permissions thus it can only restrict his own functions.

Configuring Permissions is a it special but if you get it how its done youll have fun with it. I would suggest that you download the ZIP-File and read the included default config. This should do the trick.

Note: The default Group is set to default: true. Everyone not on the user-list will be placed in this default group. Thus this Group shouldn't have any rights and should not be inherited by any group.

Permissions-System currently works like deny all by default and only permit listed actions linked to the users group (inherited or not). To do so you have to add the plugin nodes documented in each plugin and add those to the groups permissions list you want to allow as documented.

To prevent further confusion i would suggest you create a dummy group that holds all your safety permissions and inherit then create a new group which inherits this safety permissions dummy group. After that you can add additional permissions to this group if you want or revoke (not recommended) some nodes.

If you do so you shouldn't have any problems because your safety group holds all your safe permissions you can easily add a new group and depend on it.

A slight side node. If yo use Essentials please read the wiki first. Some plugins like generals conflicting witht this plugin because they use the same commands. If you want to use Essentials dont use other plugins that conflicts or you are screwed.

If you have one User that is in your defined group that inherits the safe permissions group and this user should not have one or too listed permissions revoke them through user permissions. In this way you wont have to create a new group that maybe would inherit the other.

The Admin should have '*' assigned. Not more or less. If he dont have this permission then he isnt an admin and dont think about using the '*' as "allow all" and add revoke permissions to it. This will not work as you would suspect =) If should not have all rights then he isnt and admin thus create another group that have most of the plugins assigned. Note: Once you have your plugins install i think you will not install many plugins each day thus changing permissions every day will not happen.

Well, have fun

Best wishes from Cologne,