Got a question to some devs

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by ryanertel, Oct 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

ryanertel

Alright a couple days ago i made a plugin that lets you break a cake and get a drop back. The thing is if you break a cake it gives a whole cake back. Now the thing i have been trying to figure out is if there is a way to possibly store the damage value of the cake so that if you eat the cake 1 time and put it down then you get a cake that`s been eaten 1 time. if anyone has any ideas i`d be glad to hear them and would really appreciate it. I should also point out that i still don`t know much java just enough to develop a simple plugin such as cakedrops xD

2. Offline

jobud9

well, when you break it, then it will still look like the normal cake icon, but placing it again and having it slightly eaten might be possible. but it might not be worth the time you will have to put into it :|

3. Offline

ryanertel

yeah i was just wondering if it was possible because weapons and things store their damage values so im sure theres some way to store it.

4. I think its just a damage byte... Try block.setData((byte) 1); ?

5. Offline

ryanertel

ok well i get the general idea but im trying to store the damage byte not set it so maybe do something like
    block.getData((byte){
    and setting the value of the data it gathered to a string like maybe Damagevalue
    and then when you place a cake having it recall Damagevalue?
    dont know if that makes any sense im new to java i have coded a tiny bit of C# before but nothing significant

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.