Good startup script for my CraftBukkit server?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by MaliciousMan, Jun 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

MaliciousMan

Hey!

So listen, I've seen some startup scripts for optimizing speed/performance for Bukkit on different threads, and I just have a feeling my server isn't running very well. player get the "End of Stream" and "lost connection" and "timed out" and stuff alot.

I have little knowledge about java's code. I know it sucks by the way it eats its fill of power, but that's beside the point.

Here's my script I use in a batch file:
    Code:
    java -Xmx1536M -Xms1536M -jar craftbukkit-1.5.2-R1.0.jar -o true
    PAUSE
    [mod edit: fixed a dangerous value]

My server specifications are: 32-bit Windows XP SP2, 5GB RAM, 3.5GB usable by Windows, 1.5GB utilized by Bukkit, 1GB actually used by Bukkit xD.

Dual core [Intel] 2.8 GHz processor.
    Running on an average ping of 75ms, an average upload speed of 0.80MBps and and average download speed of 0.40MBps according to speedtest.net.

I have 27 plugins currently. And a current TPS of 20.

IP: seclusive.no-ip.biz

I put a shortcut in the "STARTUP" folder so the server opens by itself. Also, the computer logs itself in.

2. Offline

rguz10

Ok... Your using a desktop Os. Have a terrible processor. AND a terrible Internet connection. There's your problem...

3. Offline

MaliciousMan

So you recommend a linux/ubuntu OS? How much would that improve it by? And what's wrong with the processor? Internet, I can understand... xD

4. Offline

Kolugo

In my experience, Windows should be alright for running a server; but all hope is lost in running a server with horrible internet connection.

MaliciousMan likes this.
  5. Offline

MaliciousMan

Kolugo Thanks for the advice, on a scale of 1-10, how bad is my speed?

6. Offline

Kolugo

7. Offline

pointfit

MaliciousMan
    There's no way you can host a server with that internet speed

8. Offline

chaseoes

You're going to need a better internet speed.

9. Offline

Bobcat00

What is the "advertised speed" from your ISP?

10. Offline

MaliciousMan

pointfit Sorry, I have been hosting it for about 3 weeks now.
    chaseoes This is all free: the computer, the electricity, and the internet. It's running at my grandma's house. I can't just upgrade their internet...
    Bobcat00 Once again, not my internet. This is running at my grandma's house for free. I have no idea what the advertised speed is.
    Kolugo I checked out that site. You do know 32bit Windows XP running a bukkit server can allocate a maximum of 1.5 GB of RAM right? There was no spot for processor speed and bit transfer speed.

11. Offline

Kolugo

MaliciousMan
    I had thought you had that answered covered through the replies and at speedtest.net. It looks like your biggest concern is internet speed. if you can't figure out your advertised speed, there's not much we can offer you, you'd get a better answer conacting your isp about your speed.

12. Offline

Bobcat00

I asked about the advertised speed to see if there was a problem with your connection which could possibly be fixed. Given the speeds you have now, it is not possible to run a Minecraft/Bukkit server.

13. Offline

MaliciousMan

Back to my ORIGINAL question, what's a specific startup script my server should use?

I'm getting answers to the question: why isn't my server running good?

14. Offline

Bobcat00

This is mine:
    Code:
    :begin
    "C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe" -Xms4096m -Xmx4096m -jar craftbukkit.jar -o true --log-limit 524288 --log-count 10 --log-strip-color
    timeout 5
    echo resuming server...
    goto begin

Your script is the best you're going to get. There are no further improvements to be made.

15. Offline

MaliciousMan

So you have your own auto-restart mechanism in yours. That IS better than mine xD. I was looking more for optimization-wise but this is better than nothing. Thanks.

16. Offline

Bobcat00

Your timeouts, disconnects, etc., are caused by your poor Internet connection and cannot be solved by changing your startup script.

17. Offline

MaliciousMan

"timeout is not recognized as an internal or external command" what Windows package gives command prompt this command?

18. Offline

Bobcat00

It's a Win7 command. Not available in XP.

19. Offline

MaliciousMan

20. Offline

Bobcat00

There are ways to do that in XP. Use teh Google.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.