Good/Cheap Server Host

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by HDfunctions, Apr 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

HDfunctions

Hey guys,
    It's HDfunctions and at the moment I am currently running my server on my computer at home. I think it's about time that I upgrade to get a server host. However, I hardly know any :( Do any of you guys/girls know which server hosts are cheap and are really good?

2. Offline

Clinton

What's your budget? What location are you looking for? Do you want support? If you give us a little more information I'm sure you could get better answers.

3. Offline

HDfunctions

I don't think I do need support, however, I might as well get one with support just in case.
    I make $0-$100 a month :/

4. Offline

nate302

http://www.waveform.net/

We pay for the collocation mid tower service ($50/month) which has a 100mbps line (2,000 gbs/month cap), and one IP address. The data-center is located in Troy, Michigan and even though I live in California, I still cap on download speeds as well as I average about 80-90ms. They have great customer support, however you are the tech that must fix any and all other problems for the server, but they are good at resetting the box if it needs it.

Best of luck!

Edit: I looked at the distance from Mississauga, Ontario and Troy, Michigan.. you're close to it and should have an extremely good connection. Keep in mind this is only if you have a machine you want it hosted somewhere. We built ours for $1600 for ours, but we own the box and have full control over it. I think the only real downside is there's no vpn for logging into the server which would be amazing.

5. Offline

astroskillz

I recommend AllGamer. I'm not hosted with them (Little bit too expensive), but I've heard great stores about them, and Clinton is very friendly.

6. Offline

np98765

BeastNode is pretty good, especially if you don't want to spend an arm and a leg. I've also heard good things about LiquidNode and AllGamer (if you have a larger budget).

Clinton likes this.
  7. Offline

HDfunctions

Ok so far I have WaveForm, AllGamer, BeastNode, and LiquidNode. Which out of those 4 do you people prefer the most? Or if you have any other suggestions, please feel free to tell me. Thanks Nate302, astroskillz, and np98765 for your suggestions XD

8. Offline

Clinton

I've heard good things about Beastnode. If you're looking for a host close to Canada we wouldn't be the best host for you. Our services are located in Dallas, Texas and Amsterdam, Netherlands. (We being AllGamer). Good luck with your search and let us know how your new host does.

9. Offline

kyllingman2

If you don't need support, I'd check out minecrafted.net, when I needed help, I got support fast enough, but others have complaints about their support. You might even want to get their dedicated server! But other than that, Beastnode.com is great!

10. Offline

RingOfStorms

MPserv

astroskillz likes this.
  11. Offline

Jade

NFO?
    Their panel looks something like this. (See spoiler, 1600x900 image)
    This! (open)

Ignore the tweet on the right, it's just a black space there.
    [​IMG]

12. Offline

astroskillz

My own host. Definitely recommended!

13. Offline

HDfunctions

Out of all the hosts that you guys have suggested, which hosts the closest to Mississauga, Ontario?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.