[GONE] InsuranceShop

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Protected, Apr 1, 2011.

1. This plugin is no longer distributed here.

2. Offline

GmK

I haven't tried it yet, but I LOVE the sound of this, that's a highly unique idea!

3. Offline

12345blitzkrieg

what are the permissions

4. Offline

Deadchicken

Are there not any plans to implement a iConomy support?
    This sounds like a great plugin for adding a more complex money and economic system for players, but without currency support, it doesn't seem like it could help much for servers that use iConomy or others.

Would be great if you could add insurance prices per player, depending on their death-rate etc... so clumsy, and violent players, will automatically get a bad credit record as they play more... Dangerously? This could cause some sort of multiplier on the price for insurance, for them specifically? Just an idea...

5. Offline

Kingjarrad

What he said

Good plugin idea though

6. Offline

Valrix

Very interesting idea

7. Offline

Nijikokun

Sounds like he has a grudge against me :p
    Hope it goes well man.

8. I don't have any particular grudge against you, although I believe you didn't behave in an entirely correct fashion back then. I just decided never to write any plugin that depends on ANYONE else's plugin, ever again, no matter who the author is. I thought the original post was clear enough about this, but I'm beginning to realize most people dont' really read it before replying.

Deadchicken: The hmod version had those things, but this simplified version is just a way to buy a certain number of protections for a fixed price, for example, 5 fall damage rescues for 1 gold ingot (or whatever item you want), depending on the policy. I believe this will be of use to a lot of people. If it's not what YOU are looking for, just don't use it!

9. Offline

MrJelle

There's a difference between not reading a post and disagreeing with what it says. Adopting a stance of "no dependencies ever again" makes no sense to me.

iConomy is a widely used plug-in, support for it can be made optional (as in, it wouldn't make iConomy necessary). Do you have a logical reason not to support it, personal feelings aside?

Ultimately it's your plug-in and your decision, of course. Just would love to see this restored to its former glory.

10. Offline

Redyugi

I would love to see this be open source, so we can implement the various econ plugins support and permissions support.

11. Offline

shadow85

I like the idea, but I don't like the lack of iConomy and Permissions. Maybe you'll change your mind, and if you do I'll give it a go.

12. There need's to be permission support.

13. Apparently most of you can't read, so I will no longer distribute this plugin here.

14. Offline

davr

Sounds like it could have been a cool plugin, but apparently the author had his feelings hurt :'(

15. Offline

mutiny

so instead of taking your cards and going home because some people said some stuff you didnt like, perhaps you could ignore them and repost your work?

16. Offline

Lord Chaos

Wow, that is sad to see. It looked like a very promising mod. I have no idea why the plugin author took the stance he did, both about removing the plugin, but also refusing to integrate with other plugins, despite them being very basic and widely used. :(

17. Offline

MrJelle

Apparently you didn't read my post, either.

Hypocrite.