Solved God mode keeps turning on?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Gopherboy76, Mar 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Gopherboy76

Hi all,

Just a quick query as I may have over looked something.
    I've just updated my server to "craftbukkit-1.2.3-R01.jar" beta build and all is well, maps converted, etc.

BUT, for some reason I am no longer taking damage from mobs although all other players are. I've not changed any permissions, only updated the few plug-ins I have on the server. I've had a quick check through the server settings and nothing appears to be wrongly set. (And I'm definitely in Survival mode, not creative)

Any ideas are welcome,
    many thanks in advance!

Gopherboy
    (aka Anthony)

All is sorted,
    For some unknown reason my character had been op'd into God mode!

All back to normal now.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2016
  2. Offline

Gopherboy76

I thought this problem was resolved when I realised I wasn't taking damage because God mode had been set for my character.
    I "ungod"ed my character and all was fine but now I find every time I log onto the server, my character has returned to god mode?
    Again, I've checked all possible config files for the server/players but can't see any reason this is happening?

Any ideas or suggestions are more than welcome.

Thanks again,
    Anthony

3. Offline

Tanite

What plugins are you running?

4. Offline

Gopherboy76

I'm running these plugins...

Vault
    BOSEconomy
    Lockette
    oreRespawn
    Pail & PailPlus
    ProtectionStones
    RealShop2
    Spout
    TreasureChest
    WolrdGuard
    WorldEdit

Most are pretty much standard stuff from Bukkit and a few to make some quests and an economy/chest base shops.
    Tried keeping the plugins to a minimum.

I can simply "/ungod" command to get back to normal, I just can't spot where or why this happens each login. This also doesn't effect any other players.

Cheers.

5. Offline

Tanite

I'm going to go ahead and guess that it's WorldGuard. If this "auto-invincible-permission" is set in your config, then any rank with the permission of "worldguard.auto-invincible" (or the wildcard *) should be "auto-godded" on login.

http://wiki.sk89q.com/wiki/WorldGuard/Configuration/Bukkit

Also, you should quote people if you are replying to them so they get a notice. I may never have seen your reply since I don't frequent this forum much :p

6. Offline

Gopherboy76

Apologies for not quoting, hadn't realised, still fairly new to forums here.

Just had a quick look in the WorldGuard config, settings are as follows...

auto-invincible-permission: false
    auto-invincible: false

Which I take is not active.
    Still puzzled.

Thanks for replying! :)

7. Offline

Tanite

No problem :)

Did you check the config.yml in both your main WorldGuard folder, as well as the one in your WorldGuard/worlds/worldname/ folder? The latter overrides settings in the former on a per-world basis.

EDIT: Maybe try loading the server without WG. If it stops, you at least know for sure it's a WG issue.

8. Offline

Gopherboy76

WorldGuard settings are set universal, there's zero settings for individual words (1 world, 1 nether, 1 end)
    Also removed WorldGuard, relaunched server and still same problem, so looks like World Guard isn't the culprit.

Was worth a try, thank you.

9. Offline

sillyrosster

Try removing all of your plugins and adding them one by one to find the culprit.

10. Offline

Tanite

Was that a full plugin list (didn't see any permissions)?

You could always do what silly said, just keep ruling stuff out one by one :/

11. Offline

Gopherboy76

I'd skipped what I thought was default plugins, this included...

CommandBook
    CraftBukkitUpToDate

Went through plug-in's one by one and narrowed it down to CommandBook

god:
    auto-enable: true

Set this back to false and all is working fine and as should be. Not sure why this had changed over and why it only effected my character? But all is back to normal.

Thanks everyone for ideas and feedback.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.