Getting essentials kits.

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by nicofig, Mar 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

nicofig

I'm working on a plugin that if you either click a sign with the text [Kit] and then the kit name or do /kitsee kit it will show the kit in an inventory. I know how to make the inventory just not how to get information from the essentials config.

2. Offline

Niknea

nicofig Have you explored the Essentials API yet?

3. Offline

nicofig

Niknea Yeah I cant figure it out. Ill keep trying though.

4. Offline

Niknea

nicofig Do you want them to get the kit when they click a sign, or a item in a GUI? Then just use p.performCommand("command"); when they click the sign or GUI item.

5. Offline

nicofig

Niknea I want them to be able to see what is in the kits otherwise I would just use the kit signs inside of essentials.

6. Offline

Ambamore2000

nicofig
    I think it is easy to make your own kit instead of using essentials, which is the hard way.

7. Offline

AoH_Ruthless

Ambamore2000
    Not necessarily - Depending on what features he wants, essentials kits could be a lot easier. If it's a private plugin and he needs Essentials for his server, it only makes sense to try and utilize the kit system in there.

nicofig
    Loop through the kits, and get each string in the string list and add it to an entry set. Then you can work with the set to either send a message, open a GUI, the choice is yours.

NathanWolf, Ambamore2000 and nicofig like this.
  8. Offline

Ambamore2000

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.