Get WorldEdit Selection

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by _feedDz, May 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

_feedDz

Hi im making a plugin were i need to get a world edit selection and return it in a event when a player enters that selection. im thinking of creating a path in the config that contains the details i want the portal to have and one of the strings will be area that equals, well i dont know what it will equal or if its even possible to do that.
    i would like to have a listener so it would be OnPlayerMoveEvent. it would get the x,y,z location and get all the portals that are in the config and if the location they move too equals that of a area it will get the portal name and do whatever i want it to after that.
    basicaly when you do /pcreate it creates a path under Portals (will be in the default config) called whatever your arg[1] was then create a path under that called area. area will equal to your world edit selection and has to be able to be called when a PlayerMoveEvent is called. is this possible? if not how would i do basicaly the same thing?

the config would look like this:
    Portals:
    PortalName:
    Area: (The selection made with worldedit)
    Portal2:
    Area: (the selection made with world edit)

can anyone help me on doing this? im a intermediate developer so maybe explain it a bit. thanks though

2. Offline

DxDy

3. Offline

_feedDz

ok ill try it now thanks. still not solved yet though.

4. Offline

_feedDz

i didnt seem to get it to work. could you help me out?

5. Offline

Monkey_Swag

Check out PogoStick29 's tutorial on WorldEdit api on youtube. I would link you but I'm on my phone. Go on youtube and search "Pogostick29dev World Edit API"

PogoStick29 likes this.
  6. Offline

PogoStick29

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.