Solved Get location behind player and have NPC always teleport

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by Xp10d3, Sep 18, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Xp10d3

Hello! So, I've posted many threads already, so sorry for yet another one. I am attempting to use Citizens and want to get the location behind the player. This is for a anti-aura plugin and since I need to check if the player is hitting a player behind them, I need to spawn an NPC behind the player, check if they are hitting it, and if they are, do stuff. It would be best to have a variable that stores the angle so I can check if the player is hitting the NPC from all angles. However, I do have a piece of code that does this, but the issue is that Citizens only allows npc#spawn to use Location, not double. Here is the code:
    Code:java
    2. double test = player.getLocation().getDirection().angle(player.getLocation().getDirection()) / 180 * Math.PI;

That get's the location behind the player (180*, of course), but this:
    Code:java
    2. npc.spawn(loc);

Only allows Location. What do I do?

Also, if you can let me know how to always teleport the NPC to a certain location, please tell me xD Note that I am using Citizens API.

2. Offline

Xp10d3

3. Offline

gochi9

Ok so what is the problem with the code that i gave you in the last post.Something like this should work just fine

Code:
            Player player = ev.getPlayer();
            Location entityLoc = player.getLocation().add(player.getLocation().getDirection().multiply(-1));

player.getWorld().spawnEntity(entityLoc, EntityType.ARMOR_STAND);

4. Offline

Xp10d3

I didn't say there was any problem... although I should've referred to that originally. I assumed that was for pushing entities to another location, but I was stupid and didn't think of recoding it. Apologies gochi9. Will think this through in the future. Thanks for the help. Marking as solved.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.