General Server Questions

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Eccentric Warmonger, Feb 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey team bukkit! First off, let me say that I am super excited to see bukkit and craftbukkit take shape. I can't wait till things are more finalized. Anyway, I am having some issues with my community server since the update. I was hoping I could get some help from you..the community.

• Server.properties File - With the release of MC beta 1.3, what are the commands that should be included in the server.properties file? Here is my current file, any suggestions to improve this file or any new commands would be greatly appreciated.
    #Minecraft server properties
    #Wed Feb 23 19:07:42 CST 2011
    level-name=EG World
    hellworld=false
    public=false
    spawn-monsters=false
    plugins=craftbukkit
    online-mode=true
    spawn-animals=true
    pvp=false
    server-ip=xx.xx.xx.xx
    server-name="EG Community Minecraft Server"
    max-players=20
    server-port=25565
    white-list=true
    spawn-protection=16​
    • Does the new version of Craftbukkit still automatically create configuration files? If it is suppose to and mine isn't, what should I do?
    • If a plugin developer claims their plugin works with MC 1.3 and the newest version of CB, but when I try it and it does nothing, what should I do? Do you have to include all plugins in the server file now (see plugins= section)?
    • How do I find out which version of CB I am running? I found a post that claimed it was the newest version and the one working with MC1.3. I am using that one, but I would still like to figure out what version it really is.
    Thanks for the help team.

2. Offline

TnT

I don't think its changed, but I may be wrong. Edit: I was wrong. white-list=true/false. Thanks Plague.

It should. If it doesn't, check your folder permissions. If its still not generating, try a different build?

No, there is not plugins= section needed. Just post on the thread of the plugin in question. 99% of the time, you've done something wrong in setting up that plugin or making it work with some sort of permissions plugin.

This line here in your server console - the bold number is your build number.
    2011-02-23 14:42:34 [INFO] This server is running Craftbukkit version git-Bukkit-0.0.0-450-gd3c1ba4-b432jnks (MC: 1.3)

3. Offline

Plague

white-list=true/false is what is new in server.properties, that should be it.

4. @TnT: Thank you so very much.

@Plague: Ok, thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.