Inactive [GEN/TP] SpawnX v0.6 - Basic Spawn Plugin [1000]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Zelnehlun, Mar 20, 2011.

1. Offline

Zelnehlun

SpawnX - Basic Spawn Plugin
    Version: 0.6
    Supports: Permissions [optional]

<font color="rgb(51, 102, 255)">Download: Dropbox</font>
    <Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>

[​IMG]

This plugin provides two commands to save a spawn location and to teleport players to the spawn location. As always I would like to hear your feedback and criticism.

Setup:
    1. Extract the "SpawnX.jar" from the "SpawnX.zip" folder to your plugins directory.
    2. Restart your server or use the reload command.

Commands:
    * /setspawn
    * /home

Permissions:
    * SpawnX.setspawn
    * SpawnX.spawn
    * SpawnX.* (for both commands)

Changelog:
    Version 0.6
    * Polishing of the crappy code.
    * Updated to the latest Bukkit build.
    * Updated to the latest Permissions version.

Show Spoiler
    Version 0.5
    * Moves the original world spawn on /setspawn command.

Version 0.4

* Update to work with the newest Bukkit build.

Version 0.3

* Added Permissions support.

Version 0.2

* Set the spawn for multiple worlds.
    * Adjust a delay in seconds in "plugins/SpawnX/data.txt", if the delay does not equal 0 players will be teleported to spawn with the specified delay.
    * Disable the spawn command in "plugins/SpawnX/data.txt", write true or false behind "enabled=" to determine, whether all users should be able to use /spawn or only Operators.

Version 0.1

* Initial release.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2016
  2. Offline

FrozenTwinki

very nice plugin, love it

3. Can you add a way to disable bed spawnpoints?

4. Offline

Nathan C

Do you happen to have .3 available for download anywhere?

5. Offline

Zelnehlun

I am sorry I did not keep the older versions.

6. Offline

Sefragus129

When you set the spawn will everyone spawn there?

7. Offline

Drev

The MyHome plugin (which is currently out of date) has functions to move the compass around. Through the config or user commands the compass can be set to point at different homes at the user's whim.

I really like this plugin, because what I need is essentially an exact-spawn for new players and for people whose beds get broken (because this spawn point is underground, I cannot simply use an editor such as MCEdit to put it where I need it).

However, installing this plugin forces the compass of users on my server to point at the coords 0,0,0. This is odd behavior, because my player spawn (and therefore compass point location) has been moved with the MCEdit map editor to the location I want the compass to point at, and this worked fine before the plugin was installed. This is an intrinsic property of the level.dat of the map file, so something from the plugin is interacting in a way to modify where the compass is pointing.

I do not want the compass to point at 0,0,0 regardless of where the mapspawn is placed, and I dont want it to necessarily point at the place I set as the spawn with your plugin. If you can figure out why your plugin is causing my compass to point at 0,0,0 and stop that from occurring, that would be great, and maybe looking at the MyHome source code would help.

http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/tp-myhome-v1-9-3-now-with-respawn-to-home-531.249/ is URL for MyHome

8. Offline

Zelnehlun

Okay thanks for the information I will take a look at that.

9. Offline

LeMalk

Simple n functnal
    Just perfect! Thanks.

10. Offline

Drev

Looking at this quote from earlier in the thread and thinking about my problem, I think maybe your code assumes that the default spawn is always at the 0,0,0 coordinates. It is placed there originally but can be moved by map editors. I believe some part of this functionality may be involved in making the server think that the compass should point at 0,0,0.

11. Offline

user_2408

Works just as expected; multi-world is great now :D

12. Offline

DarkSlayer00001

I'm kind of new to plugins so I'm not really sure what I should do or if I'm even doing it wrong...

When I download the Zip and extract it I get a folder called SpawnX, inside of SpawnX is two folders and a .yml
    The Folders are de, META INF and then the other is plugin.yml.

I didn't see a Jar file anywhere... Am I doing something wrong?

EDIT: I'm on a Mac if that makes a difference.

13. Offline

NuclearPaws

Does this spawn act as the 'first login' spawn?

(Doesn't seem to work on my serv '617')

14. Offline

Zelnehlun

When you first login it spawns you at the spawn set by the plugin. I had some issues when people tried to connect without beeing whitelisted.

15. Offline

cliff777

I use a mac too and I just clicked on spawnX.zip in the main message at the top and it unziped it for me and its now a jar in my downloads folder...I am however using safari...

16. Offline

Jake Auditore

Straight and to the point! I like that. +1

17. Offline

DarkSlayer00001

Switched from Firefox to Safari and It worked, Thanks :)

18. Offline

rokujoyouhei

um idk if this is a bug but when i set the spawn inside my house... uhm it becomes like a black hole and i just fall through the ground :D lol so yea just checking cause that happened in a diff spawn setter plugin.

19. Offline

cliff777

no problem :D

20. Offline

codename_B

I'm getting a bug with this plugin where it removes the chunk for spawn from being loaded >.<

Yeah, I get this exact problem too.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2016
  21. Offline

Zelnehlun

That is very weird because the plugin does not interact with chunks or the world. It just teleports players to a location. Im testing right now.

22. Offline

xtream1101

using SpawnX v0.4 and cb #617

It works perfect for what I need.

Thanks!

23. Offline

Zelnehlun

Im glad to hear :D Thanks for your feedback.

24. Offline

Crown3r

Grat plugin, but sometimes i get this error:

Code:
    011-04-07 15:28:47 [SEVERE] null
    org.bukkit.command.CommandException: Unhandled exception executing command 'spawn' in plugin SpawnX v0.4
        at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:37)
        at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:80)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:233)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.c(NetServerHandler.java:594)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.chat(NetServerHandler.java:557)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:551)
        at net.minecraft.server.Packet3Chat.a(SourceFile:24)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.a(NetworkManager.java:198)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:72)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:100)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:368)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:283)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:375)
    Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
        at de.tikkub.zelnehlun.SpawnX.SpawnX.onCommand(SpawnX.java:145)
        at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:35)
        ... 12 more

25. Offline

Spaetzles

For me its Still the Black Hole Error. Hope you can fix this soon cause your Plugin is very nice :D i ♥ it.

26. Offline

Zelnehlun

Sorry but I have not idead what could cause a "black hole" becuase the plugin does not interact with the world. @Crown3r when do you get this error? When executing a command?

27. Offline

Manslaughter

I keep getting a "Spawnpoint needs to be set." but I have set it, and it still spawns me randomly around the normal spawn area, not on the spawnpoint. It doesn't seem to be saving the settings. and yes I have full commands control. I don't see any errors in console... any ideas?

28. Offline

EPICwin1000

Where is my plugin folder on my server folder? Lol.

[diamond][cake][creeper] :mad:

29. Offline

Zelnehlun

In the folder which contains the Minecraft Server stuff...

30. Offline

GrieveNoMore

Great, simple plugin - same with the HomeX plugin. Well done, keep up the work.

31. Offline

Manslaughter

Could someone help me out here :\
    I made the file manually and it spawns me where i want, but i would like to see the /setspawn working again...