Inactive [GEN] StarterKit v1.2.6 - Give new players items [1.3.1-R2.0]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by grandwazir, Dec 23, 2011.

1. Offline

grandwazir

StarterKit that provides a method for administrators to give items to new players automatically and seemlessly. You could use this to make your server a more welcoming place without running the risk of players exploiting it by claiming their kit more than once.

Features
    • Simple and easy to configure - create your ideal inventory then save it.
    • Assign items by slot, including armour.
    • Supports complex items such as maps.
    • Can use any item that Bukkit supports in your kit.
    • Ensures that only new players will receive the kit.
    Installation

Ensure you are using the latest recommended build.

Before installing, you need to make sure you are running at least the latest recommended build for Bukkit. Support is only given for problems when using a recommended build. This does not mean that the plugin will not work on other versions of Bukkit, the likelihood is it will, but it is not supported.

Getting Starterkit

The best way to install Starterkit is to use the symbolic link to the latest version. This link always points to the latest version of Starterkit, so is safe to use in scripts or update plugins. Additionally you can to use the RSS feed provided by BukkitDev as this also includes a version changelog.

Alternatively older versions are available as well, however they are not supported. If you are forced to use an older version for whatever reason, please let me know why by opening a issue on GitHub.

Configuration

Video tutorial

Thanks to BrandonHopkins, who made the video tutorial. ​

Read the documentation

All documentation for Starterkit is available on the GitHub wiki, including example usage and details on how to configure the plugin.

Tompa266 and Sergey95 like this.
  2. Offline

AngellitoX

Hey man, I made it work but after that, when i restarted the server, i got this error:

http://pastebin.com/2rzHBEHK

Hope you can help me, thanks

3. Offline

grandwazir

The account you join with has to have never joined that server before. Deleting any relevant .dat file for that player and restarting the server is a sure fire way to do this.

4. Offline

mymymy334

Hey Wheres The Download Link

5. Offline

Ahmet66

Nice plugin really good :)

6. can u add the changelog so we can see what u've updated ?

7. Offline

grandwazir

Click on the link to the RSS feed - that will give you a changelog.

In the section marked Installation.

This issue has been fixed in the latest version. Download it again and you will be good to go.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2016
  8. Offline

DoJo_Master

Does this work with MV because I would love my starter kit to be in another world!

9. Offline

grandwazir

It doesn't care about multiple worlds. Wherever the player logs in, they will receive a starter kit if it is the first time they have joined the server.

10. Offline

DoJo_Master

O thanks I guess this wont work for my server then...

11. Offline

wesleydeman

Well it works fine with the armor giving on new plaers.
    But with items it says array.index.outofrange(6) or something

12. Offline

wuselrob

Doesn't work on my server.
    New users get armor, but no items. Log is spamming an IndexOutOfBoundsException

13. Offline

oExistence

What mod are you using to spawn those items so easily?

14. Offline

rockssiner

I am still getting this issue even with the new download.

15. hello ive added 1 stone spade, sword, pickaxe, axe, hoe and 2 goldenapples
    when someone joins for the first time they get 2 from every thing and 3 goldenapples Why is this
    Can u Fix this????

16. Offline

Junrall

This plugin is great for awhile, but then at some point I start getting this error:
    Code:
    2012-05-12 12:09:07 [SEVERE] Error occurred while enabling StarterKit v1.1.2 (Is it up to date?)
    java.lang.NullPointerException
        at name.richardson.james.bukkit.starterkit.StarterKitConfiguration.getItemCount(StarterKitConfiguration.java:53)
        at name.richardson.james.bukkit.starterkit.StarterKit.getFormattedKitCount(StarterKit.java:42)
        at name.richardson.james.bukkit.starterkit.StarterKit.loadConfiguration(StarterKit.java:85)
        at name.richardson.james.bukkit.starterkit.StarterKit.onEnable(StarterKit.java:58)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:215)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:336)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:381)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:250)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.enablePlugins(CraftServer.java:232)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.t(MinecraftServer.java:371)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:358)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:187)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:422)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:492)
    I'm using the latest Bukkit and StarterKit.

Thanks

17. Offline

Rychleji

Maybe I'm just an idiot, but this types me my server when new player is logging in. New player doesn't get any items what I saved in.[​IMG]

18. Offline

grandwazir

I am still trying to work out why this bug happens. For the time being clear your config.yml and rebuilt your kit and it should be fine.

Again clear your config.yml and it should work. Please add to the issue about this on GitHub with the config that is causing this issue as well so I can narrow it down.

Avoid using armour kits for the time being to avoid these errors until I narrow down the cause.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2016
  19. Offline

Junrall

Pretty sure I just deleted the config the first time this happened and eventually the problem returned... but will do so just to make sure. If it happens again I will post the problem on GitHub.

20. Offline

FreakyFox

please update so it works with armor

21. Offline

Elements11997

update please?

22. Offline

grandwazir

IndexOutOfBound exceptions are fixed in the latest version of StarterKit, which you can download from the main post or dev.bukkit. Thanks for everyone who reported it.

23. Offline

tagtastic

I don't get an error nor do I receive any items. I've deleted my test player' dat file. I'm running bpermissions. I do see this in my logs:

19:31:52 [FINE] <name.richardson.james.bukkit.starterkit.PlayerJoinListener> Granting kit to test

I save items with /sk save and it works fine. I've looked in the config.yml to see this:

debugging: true
    kit:
    backpack:
    ==: InventoryKit
    '3':
    ==: org.bukkit.inventory.ItemStack
    type: STONE_AXE
    '2':
    type: TORCH
    amount: 6
    '1':
    type: STONE_PICKAXE
    '0':
    type: STONE_SWORD
    '4':
    type: STONE_SPADE
    '8':
    type: APPLE
    amount: 5
    armour:
    ==: ArmourKit
    Any ideas?

24. Offline

FashionBunny

Problem:
    When i write /sk it don't works.
    And then all server sees that i writed /sk .
    Help Me :(

25. Offline

Issues420916

Is there any way to use this and courier to send each new player a letter? Like a printed command list for a plugin?

26. Offline

samuelvisser

It does not work for me.
    If I give players permissions to recieve the kit, the permissions are gone after a server restart.
    I really want this plugin working, please help me.

27. Offline

minecraftguy101

graet plugin

28. Offline

convictedsaint

I can confirm this is not working like it used to.
    Get no error but no items either. Whats up with this?

29. Offline

sizoxe

Cool plugin! I created an kit and did /sk save and the checked with /sk list.
    Everything is looking fine, but new players still doesn't get it automatically when they logon?

30. Offline

Zork766

This plugin use to work properly, but at this time, is broken for me too...

The commands are working good, but the kit isn't been given to new player...

Can you fix this?
    Thanks.

31. Offline

grandwazir

Make sure you have the latest version. That should fix the issues.