Inactive [GEN] SpawnControl v0.8.3 - Per-Player/Group Spawns (Now on DevBukkit) [1060]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Timberjaw, Jan 21, 2011.

1. Offline

Timberjaw

SpawnControl v0.8.3

Announcement:
    SpawnControl is being superseded by HomeSpawnPlus, a more advanced plugin that supports all of SC's features, and many more. Your homes and spawns can be imported directly from SpawnControl into HomeSpawnPlus.
    Feel free to contact me with questions/concerns/complaints.

Tested with CraftBukkit 1060.

DevBukkit Page: SpawnControl
    Bug Reports: SpawnControl Issue Tracker

Features:
    • Per-player /home and /sethome
    • Per-group /groupspawn
    • Precise /spawn and /setspawn override
    • Per-world global, group, and player spawns
    • [NEW] Cooldowns for /home, /sethome, /groupspawn, and /spawn
    • Optional respawn on death
    • Optional respawn on join
    • Toggles for home, groupspawn, and globalspawn features
    • Imports player homes from spawncontrol-players.properties
    • Imports group spawns from spawncontrol-groups.properties
    Details:

This is a more full-featured release by far. Group spawns and global spawn are now supported. I'm detecting 'new' players (for global spawn) by checking their group (new players will be in Default) and looking for an existing home entry. If no home entry is found, the player will be teleported to the global spawn and their home will be set to the global spawn location. If someone has a better method for detecting this, I'd love to hear it.

The following permissions are available:
    • SpawnControl.sethome.basic
    • SpawnControl.sethome.proxy
    • SpawnControl.home.basic
    • SpawnControl.spawn.use
    • SpawnControl.spawn.set
    • SpawnControl.groupspawn.use
    • SpawnControl.groupspawn.set
    • SpawnControl.CooldownExempt.* (Sub-nodes: *, home, sethome, groupspawn, spawn)
    • SpawnControl.config (for /sc_config [setting] [value])
    • SpawnControl.import (for /scimportconfig and /scimportgroupconfig)
    Dependencies:
    Installation:
    1. Download SpawnControl.jar and place it in your bukkit plugins folder
    Optional Installation Steps (for Permissions support):
    1. Download the Permissions plugin and install it
    2. Add SpawnControl entries to your Permissions config as desired
    Commands:
    • /spawn - go to global spawn
    • /setspawn - set the global spawn to your current location
    • /home - go home
    • /sethome - set your home to your current location
    • /groupspawn - go to your group spawn
    • /setgroupspawn [group] - set the group spawn for the specified group to your current location
    • /sc_config [setting] [value] - alter a configuration setting
    Settings:
    • enable_home - Enables or disables /home and /sethome (0 = disabled; 1 = enabled) [Default: 1]
    • enable_groupspawn - Enables or disables /setgroupspawn and /groupspawn (0 = disabled; 1= enabled) [Default: 1]
    • enable_globalspawn - Enables or disables /setspawn, /spawn, and /globalspawn (0 = disabled; 1 = enabled) [Default: 1]
    • behavior_death - Specifies the behavior when a player dies (0 = disabled - user returns to vanilla spawn; 1 = home; 2 = group spawn; 3 = global spawn) [Default: 3]
    • behavior_join - Specifies the behavior when a player joins the server (0 = disabled - user spawns at last position; 1 = home; 2 = group spawn; 3 = global spawn) [Default: 0]
    • behavior_spawn - Specifies the behavior of the /spawn command (0 = global spawn; 1 = group spawn; 2 = home)
    • behavior_globalspawn - EXPERIMENTAL - Specifies the behavior when setting spawn (0 = does not override map spawn, 1 = overrides map spawn)
    • cooldown_home [seconds] - Sets a cooldown in seconds for the /home command
    • cooldown_sethome [seconds] - Sets a cooldown in seconds for the /sethome command
    • cooldown_groupspawn [seconds] - Sets a cooldown in seconds for the /groupspawn command
    • cooldown_spawn [seconds] - Sets a cooldown in seconds for the /spawn and /globalspawn commands
    Downloads:

Known Issues:

• None?
    Changelog:

• 0.1 - First Bukkit release. Basic /home and /sethome support
    • 0.2 - Group and global spawns, Permissions integration
    • 0.3 - Working respawn on death; respawn on join (optional); configuration options
    • 0.4 - Updated to use new OnCommand system
    • 0.5 - Now uses PLAYER_RESPAWN; added basic multiworld support; added experimental (optional) globalspawn behavior; added missing /globalspawn command
    • 0.6 - Proper multi-world support with per-world spawns
    • 0.7 - Added command cooldowns; Permissions is now optional
    • 0.8 - Fixed multiworld spawns; recompiled against CB #617; removed deprecated method calls
    • 0.8.1 - Updated deprecated world loading method; tweaked spawn log message
    • 0.8.2 - Switched cooldown time handling from server time to system time
    • 0.8.3 - Added Hidendra's pull to support Bukkit's native permissions
    • Full changelog

Michonne, Huddl, BadgerLove and 5 others like this.
  2. Does this plugin allow players to get respawned at the nearest respawn point?

3. Offline

Phaedrus

Is there a way to use a config file for this instead of in game commands? Sorry if I missed that somewhere.

4. Offline

shadefizzle

I want to set my brother and his friends' default death spawn at their city. And me and my friends' spawn at our city. However I don't want to give players in my server the ability to change their spawn. Is this possible with this plugin?

5. Offline

Timberjaw

What error?
    Not currently.
    No.
    Put yourself and your friends in a group. Put your brother and his friends in a separate group. Set group spawns for both groups. Set behavior_death to 2.

6. Offline

solidsnake916

This Error...

7. Offline

EniGmA1987

This does not work right, when someone dies in the nether world on my server they get respawned back in the normal world. Not as the normal world spawn place, at the coordinates set for the nether spawn, but back in the normal world.

Craftbukkit 556. No other plugins with anything for spawn installed. No other home plugins installed either.

8. Offline

Razorftw

I dont know why, but when I put the global spawn at one point, and I die, I spawn at the original server spawn, and not at the spawn I just made. When I then write /spawn I go to the custom spawn. Any help could be sweet :)

9. Offline

fifth

Plugin's working right so far for me (v531). A sethome cooldown's exactly what i've been looking for in a home plugin so this is fantastic, thank you for making this.

10. Offline

Raymond Doerr

Hopefully I didn't just miss this issue going through the posts, but for some reason sometimes my players are spawning on fire. I'm not entirely sure why.

I noticed a fix for it in a really old version of SC, maybe the problem came back?

Currently using latest versions as of this post.. :)
    SpawnControl 0.7 and CB 556.

EDIT: I noticed this almost always only happens with Lava/fire related deaths.

11. Offline

Etalyx

I just would like to say first of all that I really enjoy using your plugin and it keeps our server nice and unified. I only use Global spawn from it but your plugin has worked for me when other spawn plugins wouldn't, even for this basic purpose.

With that said, I would like to make a preemptive request that when 1.4 comes out with it's "ability to change your spawn point," as notch has said on his blog. That is, to make a config setting to allow global spawn override any spawns naturally set by players through normal play of the game. This would be wonderful for my server because I control the size of the map by how far players have to walk to get back to their base from spawn, among other reasons. Thanks again.

12. Offline

eRko16

Please i need this for craftbukkit 560. Hurry please please.

13. Offline

fifth

Couple of bugs we seem to be running into

1. intermittently the plugin seems to not recognize people and treats them as new players, spawning them at the global spawn point

2. a couple players have gotten odd results with the /sethome cooldown; I'd had it set for an hour and players that shouldn't have affected were getting results like 'cannot use for another 931620' seconds.

EDIT: as a request for whenever it's possible to add, being able to input setting commands from the console would be fantastic.

14. Offline

Raymond Doerr

Why don't you go back to CB 556? That's the latest recommended. None of the devs are going to develop for a non-recommended version. :)

That being said, all your other plugins that do work in 560, should work in 556.

15. I have multiple worlds, and when I die in my side-world, I respawn in my first world, but at the location of where I set the spawn in my side world. What is causing this? I have a spawn set in both worlds, and /spawn is acting right and keeps me in the right world.

behavior_death=3

Gr.Villermen

16. Offline

Adam McFarland

Tested and SC is broken with 600.

17. Offline

Kane

@Timberjaw

Hello, Just to let you know recommended is now 602 of this post :)

http://ci.bukkit.org/job/dev-CraftBukkit/

Also ever thought of adding more /home2 /home3 and maybe even warps? The reason I ask is there seams to be some people not doing warps right and such I'm not a programer but heard some bad things that had some bad effects on the server. Thought I ask since you been doing wonderful with this. Maybe a modular so people don't have to use it if they don't want by default :)

18. Offline

abaldwin11

Where do I find the settings? It isn't in my folder, I only see a .db file

19. Offline

johnson486

fix for v602 yet?

20. Offline

Cool12309

He completely skipped the 556 recommended build, so who knows if he will make the 602 recommended build.

21. Offline

johnson486

22. Offline

Cool12309

He didn't need to update to the 556 though, since nothing broke...

And nothing did in the 560/561 either(I think)...

But it did break in the 600/602 update.

23. Offline

detector42

I have got an issue:
    This plugin worked fine on Windows 7 x86 but when I upgraded to x64 I got a nice error:
    [initDB] DB ERROR - out of memory | SQLState: null | Error Code: 0
    some help please Im kinda noob

24. Offline

HowIChrgeLazer

Something tells me it has to do with this change:
    onPlayerJoin(PlayerEvent event) -> onPlayerJoin(PlayerJoinEvent event)
    I'm going to try to recompile it after fixing the affected lines and see if it works. Wish me luck.

EDIT: keep getting an error about using a deprecated API on that very line I thought was suspect (my bet is on the overloaded part?), but I can't find the correct way to call it now. Oh well, I haven't brushed up on the bukkit API much, so my knowledge about it is very little.

25. Offline

majorcyto

Console told me to tell you this :3

Nag author: 'Timberjaw' of 'SpawnControl' about the following: onPlayerJoin has been replaced with a new signature, (PlayerJoinEvent)

26. Offline

Kane

Timberjaw was last seen:
    Tuesday at 4:15 AM

27. Offline

habbah

Love the addon! Please Update!

Looks like im going to have to use Spawnr *Shivers*

28. Offline

Afforess

29. Offline

habbah

30. Code:
    18:08:26 [INFO] Error: org.sqlite.JDBC
    18:08:26 [SEVERE] java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.sqlite.JDBC
    18:08:26 [SEVERE]       at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
    18:08:26 [SEVERE]       at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Me
    thod)
    18:08:26 [SEVERE]       at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
    18:08:26 [SEVERE]       at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(Pl
    uginClassLoader.java:36)
    18:08:26 [SEVERE]       at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(Pl
    uginClassLoader.java:24)
    18:08:26 [SEVERE]       at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    18:08:26 [SEVERE]       at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    18:08:26 [SEVERE]       at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
    18:08:26 [SEVERE]       at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)
    18:08:26 [SEVERE]       at com.aranai.spawncontrol.SpawnControl.initDB(SpawnCont
    rol.java:97)
    18:08:26 [SEVERE]       at com.aranai.spawncontrol.SpawnControl.onEnable(SpawnCo
    ntrol.java:249)
    18:08:26 [SEVERE]       at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlug
    in.java:118)
    18:08:26 [SEVERE]       at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(
    JavaPluginLoader.java:514)
    18:08:26 [SEVERE]       at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(Si
    mplePluginManager.java:216)
    18:08:26 [SEVERE]       at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftSe
    rver.java:94)
    18:08:26 [SEVERE]       at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftS
    erver.java:72)
    18:08:26 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.e(MinecraftServe
    r.java:215)
    18:08:26 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServe
    r.java:202)
    18:08:26 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.d(MinecraftServe
    r.java:142)
    18:08:26 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftSer
    ver.java:257)
    18:08:26 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(Sour
    ceFile:375)
    I get this error -

31. Offline

HowIChrgeLazer

You're missing SQLLite. Make sure to have it uploaded in the proper directory (I believe this looks for it in your main minecraft folder)