Inactive [GEN] SpawnControl v0.8.3 - Per-Player/Group Spawns (Now on DevBukkit) [1060]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Timberjaw, Jan 21, 2011.

1. Offline

Timberjaw

SpawnControl v0.8.3

Announcement:
    SpawnControl is being superseded by HomeSpawnPlus, a more advanced plugin that supports all of SC's features, and many more. Your homes and spawns can be imported directly from SpawnControl into HomeSpawnPlus.
    Feel free to contact me with questions/concerns/complaints.

Tested with CraftBukkit 1060.

DevBukkit Page: SpawnControl
    Bug Reports: SpawnControl Issue Tracker

Features:
    • Per-player /home and /sethome
    • Per-group /groupspawn
    • Precise /spawn and /setspawn override
    • Per-world global, group, and player spawns
    • [NEW] Cooldowns for /home, /sethome, /groupspawn, and /spawn
    • Optional respawn on death
    • Optional respawn on join
    • Toggles for home, groupspawn, and globalspawn features
    • Imports player homes from spawncontrol-players.properties
    • Imports group spawns from spawncontrol-groups.properties
    Details:

This is a more full-featured release by far. Group spawns and global spawn are now supported. I'm detecting 'new' players (for global spawn) by checking their group (new players will be in Default) and looking for an existing home entry. If no home entry is found, the player will be teleported to the global spawn and their home will be set to the global spawn location. If someone has a better method for detecting this, I'd love to hear it.

The following permissions are available:
    • SpawnControl.sethome.basic
    • SpawnControl.sethome.proxy
    • SpawnControl.home.basic
    • SpawnControl.spawn.use
    • SpawnControl.spawn.set
    • SpawnControl.groupspawn.use
    • SpawnControl.groupspawn.set
    • SpawnControl.CooldownExempt.* (Sub-nodes: *, home, sethome, groupspawn, spawn)
    • SpawnControl.config (for /sc_config [setting] [value])
    • SpawnControl.import (for /scimportconfig and /scimportgroupconfig)
    Dependencies:
    Installation:
    1. Download SpawnControl.jar and place it in your bukkit plugins folder
    Optional Installation Steps (for Permissions support):
    1. Download the Permissions plugin and install it
    2. Add SpawnControl entries to your Permissions config as desired
    Commands:
    • /spawn - go to global spawn
    • /setspawn - set the global spawn to your current location
    • /home - go home
    • /sethome - set your home to your current location
    • /groupspawn - go to your group spawn
    • /setgroupspawn [group] - set the group spawn for the specified group to your current location
    • /sc_config [setting] [value] - alter a configuration setting
    Settings:
    • enable_home - Enables or disables /home and /sethome (0 = disabled; 1 = enabled) [Default: 1]
    • enable_groupspawn - Enables or disables /setgroupspawn and /groupspawn (0 = disabled; 1= enabled) [Default: 1]
    • enable_globalspawn - Enables or disables /setspawn, /spawn, and /globalspawn (0 = disabled; 1 = enabled) [Default: 1]
    • behavior_death - Specifies the behavior when a player dies (0 = disabled - user returns to vanilla spawn; 1 = home; 2 = group spawn; 3 = global spawn) [Default: 3]
    • behavior_join - Specifies the behavior when a player joins the server (0 = disabled - user spawns at last position; 1 = home; 2 = group spawn; 3 = global spawn) [Default: 0]
    • behavior_spawn - Specifies the behavior of the /spawn command (0 = global spawn; 1 = group spawn; 2 = home)
    • behavior_globalspawn - EXPERIMENTAL - Specifies the behavior when setting spawn (0 = does not override map spawn, 1 = overrides map spawn)
    • cooldown_home [seconds] - Sets a cooldown in seconds for the /home command
    • cooldown_sethome [seconds] - Sets a cooldown in seconds for the /sethome command
    • cooldown_groupspawn [seconds] - Sets a cooldown in seconds for the /groupspawn command
    • cooldown_spawn [seconds] - Sets a cooldown in seconds for the /spawn and /globalspawn commands
    Downloads:

Known Issues:

• None?
    Changelog:

• 0.1 - First Bukkit release. Basic /home and /sethome support
    • 0.2 - Group and global spawns, Permissions integration
    • 0.3 - Working respawn on death; respawn on join (optional); configuration options
    • 0.4 - Updated to use new OnCommand system
    • 0.5 - Now uses PLAYER_RESPAWN; added basic multiworld support; added experimental (optional) globalspawn behavior; added missing /globalspawn command
    • 0.6 - Proper multi-world support with per-world spawns
    • 0.7 - Added command cooldowns; Permissions is now optional
    • 0.8 - Fixed multiworld spawns; recompiled against CB #617; removed deprecated method calls
    • 0.8.1 - Updated deprecated world loading method; tweaked spawn log message
    • 0.8.2 - Switched cooldown time handling from server time to system time
    • 0.8.3 - Added Hidendra's pull to support Bukkit's native permissions
    • Full changelog

Michonne, Huddl, BadgerLove and 5 others like this.
  2. Offline

Timberjaw

@Kegan187 Beyond double-checking the obvious stuff (e.g. SpawnControl.jar is in the plugins folder), this looks like it's probably an issue with another plugin or CraftBukkit itself. You'll have to start removing plugins 1 at a time until the rest start loading.

3. Offline

Kegan187

Okay. Ill try that and then Ill tell you what happens.

4. Offline

SirScotalot

All right, directly editing the DB file killed all error messages, now. HOWEVER: None of the commands seem to work (no error message, I have global access to all commands in my permissions file), and I get sent to the spawn on connect, even though I have a home set (happens on multiple connect, too). Also, SpawnControl doesn't seem to add any info into the settings table.

5. Offline

Kegan187

It turned out to be BigBrother that was making the plugins not load. I said
    Even though I have a version of SQLite in my Bin folder. It is v56 or something like that.

6. Offline

Timberjaw

@SirScotalot Yeah, it adds the settings in the same block where it creates the table. Very strange that the CREATE for the settings table fails on Linux; I haven't had other Linux users report that issue. The code is identical, the query is structured the same way; weird weird weird.

Anyway, to set the default values manually from in-game, try:
    /sc_config enable_home 1
    /sc_config enable_groupspawn 1
    /sc_config enable_globalspawn 1
    /sc_config behavior_join 0
    /sc_config behavior_death 3
    /sc_config behavior_globalspawn 0
    --- merged: Feb 8, 2011 11:53 AM ---
    @Kegan187 BigBrother may be defaulting to looking for a MySQL connection, not a SQLite connection (I believe it supports both). I suggest you go post in the BigBrother thread if you can't figure out the config.

7. Offline

Kegan187

hmmmm, yea it might be looking for it. Ill look at the setting and see if it is looking for it. Which it probably is so I am a idiot.

8. Offline

SirScotalot

The sc_config commands didn't work, either, but I "fixed" my issue now: I let Linux create a new DB file, and manually added in all of the player homes as well as the spawn. NOW everything works as intended, even though the database structure seems to be exactly the same as the "bugged" one. Well, it seems that I've been the only one with this issue, so no fix in your code is needed, I guess. Anyway, thanks for the help!

9. Offline

Timberjaw

@SirScotalot Glad you've got it sorted out. :)

SQLite seems...finicky. I suppose that's not surprising for a flat-file database.

10. Offline

Olat

@Timberjaw

So heres the thing. I need a way for NEW players that join my server to goto the Global Spawn. So they can be put in the spawn room, with the rules and faction choices etc etc... /setspawn doesnt seem to be doing that. You have the behavior behavior_join but thats for ANY player that joins. Is there a way you can have any NEW player that joins get set at an Exact Spawn just for new players? Im using your Group Spawn for Faction Respawning, so if a faction member dies they spawn at their own graveyard, but I need a way to put NEW players into my New Player room.

11. Offline

Timberjaw

@Olat New players should already be spawning at the global spawn, but YMMV if your groups setup isn't what the plugin expects. Basically, it looks at a joining user and checks two things:
    1. Is the user a member of the group 'Default'
    2. Does the member have a home set yet
    If #1 is true and #2 is false, they are considered new, sent to global spawn, and their home is set to the global spawn location (so they don't get considered new later).

So if new users are joining your server and not being sent to global spawn, most likely your default group isn't called 'Default'. If that's the case, I should probably make that check configurable. :)
    --- merged: Feb 8, 2011 10:08 PM ---
    Updated! If your SpawnControl mysteriously stops loading at some point, update to v0.5.3.
    --- merged: Feb 8, 2011 10:16 PM ---
    @VoidingNixx What Java version are you using? I've seen this issue posted elsewhere (unrelated to SpawnControl) by users on Java 1.5.

12. Offline

VoidingNixx

Edit* Quoting post so you know what I'm talking about.

So anyways, when I used the command /setspawn on the client, the server comes to a stop. No errors given, it just stops. Here is a pic of the console and the client error message. My current Bukkit build in use is 332.

[​IMG]

13. Offline

Timberjaw

@VoidingNixx
    What Java version?
    Also, the latest CraftBukkit is 286...

14. Offline

VoidingNixx

Sorry, still sleepy from the nap. The server is build 254. ;p
    Java version 6.

15. Offline

Timberjaw

Does it happen with any other commands? /help, etc? Does it happen with SpawnControl removed? Any other plugins installed? Also, I don't think I asked what version of SpawnControl you're using.

16. Offline

VoidingNixx

Doesn't happen with any other commands. I rolled it back to SpawnControl 0.4.2 and everything was working good. Yes, there are other plugins installed. Just updated to Bukkit build 286, but was having problems with that (server full with 0 players on), so updated to build 271 instead, and am gettin' ready to try SpawnControl 0.5.3 with build 271.

17. Offline

Cool12309

0.5.3 isn't working for me

CB 271
    DeathTpPlus 1.5
    iChat 1.5
    LWC 1.491
    Permissions 2.0
    TelePlus 1.5.4
    WorldEdit 3.2.2

When I was using 0.5.1 it worked.

18. Offline

Timberjaw

19. Offline

Cool12309

@Timberjaw Yes it does.. hm.. maybe I accidently did something wrong when I installed 0.5.3?(I like to put things in a folder with version numbers on it, and inside add jars and anything else needed)

20. Offline

Timberjaw

@Cool12309 SpawnControl expects the sqlitejdbc jar to be in a folder directly beneath it (e.g. if SpawnControl.jar is in /plugins, the sqlitejdbc file should be in the main CraftBukkit folder). That's the only folder-based dependency I know of. 0.5.3 just modifies the package name for SpawnControl, which shouldn't cause any trouble as far as I know.

21. Offline

Cool12309

@Timberjaw Yes, I have that, although I noticed when I downloaded 0.5.3, the zip name was something like SpawnControl-v0-5-2, which means 0.5.2...

22. Offline

Timberjaw

Oh, forgot to update the zip link.

23. Offline

Cool12309

@Timberjaw I don't like this D: I tried the new zip(0.5.3), and then not only do I have more(and different) errors for this, it also clashed with DeathTpPlus 1.6(updated just now), and it broke that too.

Edit: It has something to do with the sqlite thing

24. Offline

Timberjaw

@Cool12309 I'm going to need more specific info to help. Specific error messages and behavior.

25. Offline

Cool12309

Edit: I don't know why I said it clashes with a plugin, it doesn't...

...Seeing as the errors aren't being posted in server.log and I don't know how to select text in command prompt, you'll have to do with an image.

[​IMG]

26. Offline

Timberjaw

27. Offline

Cool12309

28. Offline

ledhead900

Any chance you and Zenexer from Essentials could have a chat, He also got Exact spawn going for multiworld as well.

Tho the only THING MISSING FROM THIS AND HIS is the ability to set duel global spawns and have the plugin chk waht world your currently in before and loading the other worlds spawn database before spawning you.

I really would like this as I would like it if ppl did spawn in nether to go to a specific place in nether and not return to normal again.

Also in case you did not notice World0 is not conisderd World 1 in CB We had a bit of a time remembering that on Essentials IRC when I was up late last night helping the guys test builds.

29. Offline

Timberjaw

@ledhead900 I'm working on per-world spawn support. It will optionally support per-world global, group, and home spawns.

Re: world0: it is according to the CraftBukkit guys. [​IMG]

30. Offline

ledhead900

You have an issue with 5.4 you forgot to chance your worlds around from world 0 to world 1, Now /spawn takes me to nether even when set in normal world.

You must of missed it but CB changed world 0 to world 1

31. Offline

Timberjaw

@leadhead900 Ah, I see. I wonder why they did that.
    --- merged: Feb 9, 2011 2:26 PM ---
    @ledhead900 Got a source on that? I asked DinnerBone (the guy who added multi world to CB) and he says that's not the case. World 0 is still the default world (the world the server was loaded with). If you're ending up in the nether, I'm guessing something else is messed up.

What CB build by the way?