[GEN/SEC/ECON/TP/ADMN] Essentials - A collection of useful commands

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by EssentialsTeam, Apr 30, 2011.

1. Offline

aviator14

http://wiki.bukkit.org/CraftBukkit_commands

you also may want to try using a more visible font xD

2. Offline

greenmanwithaxe

How do i disable the shop without making all the prices 0 ?

3. Offline

Tanite

It's in the config, along with a whole mess of other stuff you may want to adjust for your server.

4. Offline

Beans

hey, so my question is how can i make it so people dont have the ability to do /sell hand
    cuz if they do /sell diamondpickaxe and the pick axe is used, it wont sell. but i you do /sell hand, it will sell... is this a glitch that needs fixing?

thanx!

5. Offline

Devin14

What version of Permissions are you using?

6. Offline

mario00037

Permission's 3.X

7. Offline

xrobau

May I suggest using PermissionsEx for that sort of stuff. We have an extremely complex setup on mcau.org that works really REALLY well (in fact, our permissions spreadsheet is linked from the main page)

8. Offline

Niaghaman

Hey, I'm using Essentials for teleporting. Is there any option to block teleport to specific player like me? I don't want players TP to me, only to me.

9. Offline

BackHandReaper

One quick question, in the config. Is there any way to disable the economy feature? I don't see any "True" or "False" options, or anything similar. This seems to be affecting one of my mod loot plugins... Instead of using iConomy it uses essentials, i tried some other ones aswell.

But Thanks

10. Offline

flarnot

Where's the config lol :)

Tanite likes this.
  11. Offline

xxKoMiSxx

I've got problem - in permissions in <for example> group Players I have
    Code:
                - 'essentials.spawn'
    , but if anybody type /spawn or /home is:
    Bukkit 1185
    Essentials v2.6.2

12. Offline

nitroburn

essentials.spawn is not the same as essentials.home. If /spawn is returning the same error, then you may wish to check your permissions plugin. Zero issues on multiple servers I've updated in regards to essentials and permissions.

Code:
    12:28:37 [SEVERE] java.lang.InstantiationException
    12:28:37 [SEVERE]       at sun.reflect.InstantiationExceptionConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(InstantiationExceptionConstructorAccessorImpl.java:48)
    12:28:37 [SEVERE]       at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:525)
    12:28:37 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.EntityTypes.a(SourceFile:67)
    12:28:37 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.TileEntityMobSpawner.h_(TileEntityMobSpawner.java:51)
    12:28:37 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.World.cleanUp(World.java:1112)
    12:28:37 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:460)
    12:28:37 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:374)
    12:28:37 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:417)
    For those who have encountered this error on updating to 1.8.x and Essentials, my personal experience was that it was related to a MobSpawner that I had used the "/spawner monster" command on. After updating to 1.8.x the map would constantly spew those errors many times a second whenever someone was near the spawner. After deleting them, the error disappeared and I was able to bring my map back online.

Hope this helps someone using the search or Google. I know I didn't have much luck for a week. Not sure if this can be fixed somehow in the essentials plugin itself.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2016
  13. Offline

Daje

So with configuring Group Manager through Essentials, I can see where to edit all of the permissions for commands and such, and where to edit build permissions. But how can I edit the permissions to allow Default players who newly join to use objects and interact with them, but not build?

Basically I want people to be able to open doors and leave the spawn area, or open a door to any building and just be able to explore, and maybe even ride a minecart. But at the very least, I just want my default users to be able to use doors.

14. Offline

zombies601

The team should add tool repair signs to go with the repair command

15. Offline

mario00037

How to you give other's the help command to show other plugins help, without giving them essentials.*? I tried essentials.help.*

16. Offline

Taxen0

Try: essentials.help

17. Offline

mario00037

I did.

Only the Essentials commands.

18. Offline

BlancoLanda

I have problems with the AFK system... if someone freezes getting AFK, when they try to move using arrow keys they can move!! And they don't get frozen :( Do it happens to you too?

Fix it please!

19. Offline

Taxen0

I just looked at this again and it doesn't seem to work for me either now.
    there is a line in the config to enable/disable other commands in /help,
    but it doesn't seem to work, i know that worked for me before though.

I'm using groupmanager.

20. Offline

jgm4444

I have essentials and factions but only i can build in safezone this is not a error with factions but with my group manager how do i set group manager up. im a bukkit noob:eek:.

21. Offline

Assasick

Is there a way to disable EsseEco? I like the basic functionality of this plugin (admin commands/kits/warping/temp bans and jails, etc) but i wanna use iConomy instead (supported by more plugins devs, mysql support). I know i can just simpy dont give players perms to use eco related plugins, but is it possible to ''turn it off'' completely (performance saving)

22. Offline

fury

how can I update rules?

23. Offline

BlancoLanda

At the config file!

Anyone knows how to fix that?

24. Offline

fury

eehhh..... ok time to take an hour pressing the enter button....

25. Offline

BlancoLanda

I don't understand your reply :S

26. Offline

fury

well, when I get in a config file (or something of the sort), all it is is a line of text, and I have to make them all individual lines manually. And because the config file is so long, it would take forever. I'm searching for the answer, but not coming up with anything. I posted something on it, but nobody has answered on it.

27. Offline

BlancoLanda

fury likes this.
  28. Offline

fury

29. Offline

BlancoLanda

Hahah don't worry, if you still have any problems at configuring the rules, tell me!

30. Offline

fury

I remember doing it before, before everything died. XD I was wondering how people got those pretty colors....