[GEN/SEC/ECON/TP/ADMN] Essentials - A collection of useful commands

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by EssentialsTeam, Apr 30, 2011.

1. Offline

darr111

np

2. Offline

forceserver

i want v2.5.1 and i use #1000 , my computer os is xp
    i don't put null Essneital

21:18:20 [SEVERE] Error occurred while enabling Essentials v2.5.1 (Is it up to date?): null
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.earth2me.essentials.EssentialsUpgrade.convertWarps(EssentialsUpgrade.java:239)
    at com.earth2me.essentials.EssentialsUpgrade.afterSettings(EssentialsUpgrade.java:418)
    at com.earth2me.essentials.Essentials.onEnable(Essentials.java:108)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:126)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:878)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:272)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:162)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.enablePlugins(CraftServer.java:146)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.e(MinecraftServer.java:284)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:271)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:148)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:335)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)

so i try window xp
    then this work!!
    but i want to open server with linux
    please tell me what i doing

3. Offline

Pixiio

4. Offline

ritonda66

problem,
    people with the rank builder can ban ppls!!!
    how to fix it?

5. Offline

rtcabooservb

I'm using the latest version of essentials dev and I even tried the latest recommended build but apparently my colors in /who, /msg, /me, etc... don't show anymore. Everyone is just white. I use the latest version of spout dev and craftbukkit dev.

6. Offline

Sh4d0w

got updated my server with logblock and essentials, but now the log will every time spammed with folloing:

[SEVERE] Player: "Playername" was not properly updated during login!

7. Offline

forceserver

i want v2.5.1 and i use #1000 , my computer os is linux
    i don't put null Essne
    21:18:20 [SEVERE] Error occurred while enabling Essentials v2.5.1 (Is it up to date?): null
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.earth2me.essentials.EssentialsUpgrade.convertWarps(EssentialsUpgrade.java:239)
    at com.earth2me.essentials.EssentialsUpgrade.afterSettings(EssentialsUpgrade.java:418)
    at com.earth2me.essentials.Essentials.onEnable(Essentials.java:108)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:878)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:272)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:162)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.enablePlugins(CraftServer.java:146)

so i try window xp
    then this work!!
    but i want to open server with linux
    please tell me what i am doing?
    My plugin:
    permission,ichat,authdb,essential,enssentialspawn
    Please help me

8. Offline

flaminsnowman99

I installed all Essential Files and when i ran it i got a thing that said
    [Warning] config broken for xmpp
    I dont know what to do, also how do you change the names of the groups and add more groups?

9. Offline

najd1103

Hey! Is there any way to remove a permission from an admin apart from having to add every seperate permission to their list and remove the * permission. By the way you spelt directly in the description of /manudelp and the other, not trying to piss you off or anything. Great plugin!!!!! :)

10. Offline

TelephoneKiosk

If I use Essentials Spawn and then use /setspawn, will i still respawn at a bed if i sleep at one, or will I go to the spawn I used /setspawn on?

11. Offline

RealMinecraftTV

Hey great plugin! The only problem is when I try to place a Buy/Sell Sign. I place it using the correct syntax. But it always says "Error: Invalid Charge!" Here is an example like this:
    Line 1: [Buy]
    Line 2: 64
    Line 3: Stone
    Line4: 128

I can place free, disposal, etc. signs.

EDIT:
    I found the problem!! You have to put a $ sign before the price! It used to not be like that! I feel dumb now.

12. Offline

Jakebobjo

How can i disable sign editing? it gets in my way somtimes :p please reply i think the editing is from essentials because i remoed it then signs worked normal again. but i like essentials just want that part not on mine?

13. Offline

Amaroq

Only Admins seem to be able to color their signs, yet when I look up a possible permissions node to enable it for everyone, I cannot seem to find one. Anyone know what it is?

14. Offline

Kommy000

hey guys, I have multiverse installed and have some worlds where I do not want people to be able to tp from one world to a player in the other world.
    IS there a permission node or some setting in essentials plugin to disable that. I do not want to disable whole tp function. I know I can disable it in my secondary vanilla world but in the main world I can not limit to which world people can tp to ... Any ideas?

15. Offline

Thefallenbeast

Im new to this can someone plz tell my y cant i build when i use this??

16. Offline

flame1280

Ive got all of the essentials mods installed they work fine but nothing from group manager is loading including ranks like admin this happens until I delete the essentials file then ranks appear but I'd like to have both is there something I'm missing please reply and help D:

17. Offline

Odai

same for me since 2.5. before you dont needed the $. can you remove this agian please?

18. Offline

ledhead900

PHP:
    [SEVERECould not pass event BLOCK_PISTON_EXTEND to EssentialsProtect
    java
    .lang.ClassCastExceptionorg.bukkit.material.MaterialData cannot be cast to org.bukkit.material.PistonBaseMaterial
        at org
    .bukkit.event.block.BlockPistonEvent.getDirection(BlockPistonEvent.java:41)

at org.bukkit.event.block.BlockPistonExtendEvent.getBlocks(BlockPistonExtendEvent.java:37)

at com.earth2me.essentials.protect.EssentialsProtectBlockListener.onBlockPistonExtend(EssentialsProtectBlockListener.java:332)

at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$43.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:540)

at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:58)

at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:338)

at net.minecraft.server.BlockPiston.g(BlockPiston.java:70)

at net.minecraft.server.BlockPiston.doPhysics(BlockPiston.java:47)

at net.minecraft.server.World.k(World.java:452)

at net.minecraft.server.World.applyPhysics(World.java:428)

at net.minecraft.server.World.update(World.java:400)

at net.minecraft.server.World.setTypeIdAndData(World.java:384)

at net.minecraft.server.TileEntityPiston.g_(TileEntityPiston.java:99)

at net.minecraft.server.World.cleanUp(World.java:1125)

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:448)

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:362)

at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)
    CB 10032

Ess:version: 2.5.5

Happens randomly when firing pistons.

19. Offline

grifOndOr

error with spout when destroy a protected sign

20. Offline

Buckethead

i would like to see this exact thing excepth without the whitelist command feature. is that possible to do. IT WOULD BE GREAT. i know a custom build is a lot to ask

21. Offline

Kaosvf

Hi,
    I would activate the local area chat... but why don't you add a command to shout a message to all players?
    Regards.

22. Offline

Typhome

Why essentials.joinfullserver doenst work? I try join and says server full, but i have this permission...

23. Offline

drew42

how come i cant loose health on regular essentials.jar. How do i resolve this.

24. Offline

Dagumboss

You're supposed to be able to set up multi world permissions, but I've done it several times exactly as GroupManager says to and it doesn't work. Others seem to be having this issue, and if you read through the thread you'll see there are just really no answers being given. Pretty dumb, especially since Perms 3 is a massive pile.

25. Offline

Buckethead

is ur client set to peacful. does ur server properties spawn monsters (i would check this first)

26. Offline

Kommy000

Yea I switched to Permissions PEX and it works awesome if you want to try it. I guess I will just have our staff being able to tp to people in other worlds, I was just hoping to stop this type of transport between worlds. I know I can disable it via permissions inside a world but if the other world has it enabled they can move from it to the other via tp....sigh...

27. Offline

Buckethead

amen! i woul like this so much better if there wasnt thAT dumb built in permissions. if that was removed this would be perfect!

28. Offline

DJ411

Will there be any support for Multi World Spawn Support? for some reason when i do /spawn it will bring me to the main World. Or is this an issue with Multiverse?

29. Offline

irockursox25

Hey for Some reason my NON op's can not pick up items from the ground; I even turned it on and off and they still can't. Any help from anyone would be very much appreciated.

30. Offline

JHeim

I get this even with a brand new and fresh server. I'm running version 1000, in Windows 7 -64 bit OS.
    If you need any more details please ask. I'd be much obliged if someone were to help. Thank you.

Code:
    23:44:25 [INFO] GroupManager version 1.0(alpha-5) [Zombie-Version, please switch
    to Permissions 3] is enabled!
    23:44:25 [SEVERE] Error occurred while enabling EssentialsProtect v2.5.6 (Is it
    up to date?): BLOCK_PISTON_EXTEND
    java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: BLOCK_PISTON_EXTEND
    at com.earth2me.essentials.protect.EssentialsProtect.onEnable(Essentials
    Protect.java:64)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader
    .java:857)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManage
    r.java:264)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:151)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.enablePlugins(CraftServer.java:136
    )
    23:44:25 [INFO] Loaded EssentialsSpawn build 2.5.6 by essentials team