[GEN/SEC/ECON/TP/ADMN] Essentials - A collection of useful commands

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by EssentialsTeam, Apr 30, 2011.

1. Offline

Matrixclonk

Works the /spawner? If I look to a mobspawner and type /spawner Zombie this comes out:

Error: Error while changing Mobspawner.

What's wrong? D:

2. Offline

sett1ng

how i activate block destruction?

3. Offline

Matrixclonk

Works the /spawner? If I look to a mobspawner and type /spawner Zombie this comes out:

Error: Error while changing Mobspawner.

What's wrong? D:

4. Offline

Expatcat

It appears to me that all ranks have the 'essentials.me' command. (/me) Even when I omit it from their permissions, and even set it to false. What's going on?

5. Offline

landstreet

I have Downloaded the plugin and i need some serious help here, it works fine and all that but the language are wrong with some special features, (when we join and it says you have 0 messages, in another language, and also when we change the time and more stuff) and i wanna know how to get the ALL ONLY ENGLISH VERSION.

6. Offline

Bias_P11

The server that I'm on has this prob too. I'm trying to make it so that protection signs not on bedrock can be broken by breaking the block below, but it seems that the block below cannot be broken even though protect block-below is set to false. Anyone else have this problem? My config: <Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2016
  7. Offline

CoZmicShReddeR

There is a No TNT glitch with Red stone what I mean is with permissions set to no TNT

8. Offline

ViolentSword

I keep getting this error, it makes pistons act strangely when it happens. Sometimes it makes them misfire or they disappear completely.
    Code:
    2011-07-27 21:25:56 [SEVERE] Could not pass event BLOCK_PISTON_EXTEND to Essentials
    java.lang.ClassCastException: org.bukkit.material.MaterialData cannot be cast to org.bukkit.material.PistonBaseMaterial
        at org.bukkit.event.block.BlockPistonEvent.getDirection(BlockPistonEvent.java:41)
        at org.bukkit.event.block.BlockPistonExtendEvent.getBlocks(BlockPistonExtendEvent.java:37)
        at com.earth2me.essentials.signs.SignBlockListener.onBlockPistonExtend(SignBlockListener.java:194)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$43.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:540)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:58)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:332)
        at net.minecraft.server.BlockPiston.g(BlockPiston.java:70)
        at net.minecraft.server.BlockPiston.doPhysics(BlockPiston.java:47)
        at net.minecraft.server.World.k(World.java:453)
        at net.minecraft.server.World.applyPhysics(World.java:430)
        at net.minecraft.server.World.update(World.java:401)
        at net.minecraft.server.World.setTypeIdAndData(World.java:385)
        at net.minecraft.server.TileEntityPiston.g_(TileEntityPiston.java:99)
        at net.minecraft.server.World.cleanUp(World.java:1126)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:447)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:361)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)

9. I have a problem .. my players cant use /list even when i have puted essentials.list in premissions (3.1.6) file ! ?

any idea what cusing this problem ?

10. Offline

Baron6

Hey guys. How can I allow players who aren't OPs to use colored chat messages? For example, &4this text would be dark red, but only OPs can actually put it to use. What's the node?

Also, how can I make it cost $2000 to do /warp? Kind of urgent.

EDIT: Solved the first problem 5 minutes after I posted this. If there's anyone else wondering it's "essentials.chat.color". Seems so obvious now. lol

11. Offline

Retrophaze

Is there any way to disable the "you have x new mails" message on login? I really need it to go away... any help would be appreciated.

12. Offline

smc

The command /kit tools is not working with iConomy. Do not discount the value of the kit.

13. Offline

Zoaen

I get this error
    chat:
    radius: 0

# If set to the default chat format which "should" be compatible with ichat.
    #format: '&7[{GROUP}]&f {DISPLAYNAME}&7:&f {MESSAGE}'

# You can also have group-specific formats, uncomment to enable:
    group-formats:
    Guest: '[{GROUP}]&0 {DISPLAYNAME}&f:&c {MESSAGE}'
    Member: '[{GROUP}]&b {DISPLAYNAME}&2:&c {MESSAGE}'
    Important: '[{GROUP}]&a {DISPLAYNAME}&1:&c {MESSAGE}'
    VIP: '[{GROUP}]&6 {DISPLAYNAME}&9:&c {MESSAGE}'
    Staff: '[{GROUP}]&6 {DISPLAYNAME}&c:&c {MESSAGE}'
    Admin: '[{GROUP}]&f {DISPLAYNAME}&0:&c {MESSAGE}'

Plz help thank you :)

14. Offline

seanster789

15. Offline

randeri221

guys when i try to spawn a mob with /spawnmob command the console just get crazy!
    i cant give a code or something cuase it gets crazy and gives like tons of errors...
    if someone can help me it would be nice :p

16. Offline

JohnPulse

The exact same error occurs on my server!
    Any thoughts on this?

17. Offline

sveiniz

how can I use another language on the plugin? like norwegian ...

18. Offline

nitroxygen

I am trying to use the buy and sell signs but they only default to op, i have all the nodes in i get no errors or not message at all whats wrong.

19. Offline

iFlaw

Setting up an absolutely clean server.

Code:
    14:27:57 [INFO] Starting minecraft server version Beta 1.7.3
    14:27:57 [INFO] Loading properties
    14:27:57 [INFO] Starting Minecraft server on *:25565
    14:27:57 [INFO] This server is running Craftbukkit version git-Bukkit-0.0.0-945-g73697a4-b1000jnks (MC: 1.7.3)
    14:27:58 [SEVERE] Could not load 'plugins/Essentials.jar' in folder 'plugins':
    java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: Bad version number in .class file
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:676)
        at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:124)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:260)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:56)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:195)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:188)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.java:36)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.java:24)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:317)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:252)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:375)
        at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
        at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:242)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:168)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:207)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugins(SimplePluginManager.java:130)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:128)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.<init>(CraftServer.java:97)
        at net.minecraft.server.ServerConfigurationManager.<init>(ServerConfigurationManager.java:51)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:132)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:335)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)
    14:27:58 [INFO] Preparing level "Test world"
    ... and I'm using a Mac OSX platform.

20. Offline

embty

Is it possible to make the setwarp command do-able via signs only? I dont want players to /setwarp everywhere "inside other factions land" so they can make a sign with warp set on it and use another sign to teleport back to taht sign. Or could you please make it so that when poeple break a bed sethome is cleared off?

21. Offline

Craig1690

Hey there it seems members on my server cant use the command /who or /list but i can im OP btw ? any idea why

Build:1000
    Essentials:2.5

any ideas ? please help this is really anoyying

22. Offline

Niaghaman

I did. But I see it's not only my problem. Many of us have this kind of problem and like I see noone has idea what to do

@Craig1690 - I think there is no chance to get a solution. ;d I'm posting here everyday and noone helped me

23. Offline

William Hall

When i edit the groups.yml file and save it then reload, it just reverts back to how it was before reload D: help?

24. Offline

DudeGuy676

What are the EssentialsProtect commands. I can't find them anywhere.

25. Offline

mg123

is there a more organized page for the permissions?

i only want the permissions for essentials.jar and essentialsspawn.jar if you could help me with that. also it only makes the essentials folder called essentials instead of essentials and essentialsspawn.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2016
  26. Offline

coankid

Is it possible to set how far you can port with the compass ? Or can you implement a line in the configfile where you can set the amount of Blocks ? Would be nice ;)

27. Offline

Profane

Is there a way to fix the way that peoples nicknames only display on the /list?

Thanks, Profane.

28. Invisible

nova779

Doesn't work with permissions 3.1.x for me anyway

29. Offline

uncannyvalley

I was having an issue with /list too but it seems the plugin called Spyer was the issue. Since I removed it all people on my server can use /list again. Hope this helps someone.

Niaghaman likes this.
  30. Offline

jerald007

And alas, the harder questions gets ignored.. lost in the sea of posts.. gone, forever..

till someone bumps it again :p