[GEN/SEC/ECON/TP/ADMN] Essentials - A collection of useful commands

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by EssentialsTeam, Apr 30, 2011.

1. Offline

EssentialsTeam

Oops, there you go :)

gothroach likes this.
  2. Offline

Bronski

Small note... the default config that was generated for me had a .shout permission but I couldn't find it on the command reference page. I'm guessing it was phased out but just thought you might want to know :D

3. Offline

Kartus

startup at #928 and 2.3.6

Code:
    2011-06-26 02:55:16 [SEVERE] Another plugin is trying to enable GroupManager manually. Don't do this! It's probably com.bukkit.sunshe.GuestPrev.GuestPrev
    issue: groupmanager commands like /manuadd etc. don't work. i thought it's fixed in 2.3.6...

4. Offline

EssentialsTeam

We fixed it in our code, but the bug is in many other plugins too. I created a fixed version of GuestPrev, see first post.

5. Offline

RG_PankO

@essentialsteam Please help :/
    Code:
    08:11:28 [SEVERE] Error occurred while enabling Essentials v2.3.6 (Is it up to d
    ate?): null
    java.lang.NullPointerException
            at com.earth2me.essentials.UserData._getSavedInventory(UserData.java:327
    )
            at com.earth2me.essentials.UserData.reloadConfig(UserData.java:45)
            at com.earth2me.essentials.UserData.<init>(UserData.java:31)
            at com.earth2me.essentials.User.<init>(User.java:25)
            at com.earth2me.essentials.Essentials.getUser(Essentials.java:651)
            at com.earth2me.essentials.Essentials.getUser(Essentials.java:629)
            at com.earth2me.essentials.EssentialsTimer.<init>(EssentialsTimer.java:2
    8)
            at com.earth2me.essentials.Essentials.onEnable(Essentials.java:194)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:126)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader
    .java:857)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManage
    r.java:253)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:157)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.enablePlugins(CraftServer.java:136
    )
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.e(MinecraftServer.java:284)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:271)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:148)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:335)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)
    08:11:28 [INFO] [Essentials] Payment method found (iConomy version: 5)
    08:11:28 [INFO] Loaded EssentialsChat build 2.3.6 by Zenexer, ementalo, Aelux, B
    rettflan, KimKandor, snowleo, ceulemans and Xeology
    08:11:28 [INFO] Loaded EssentialsGeoIP build 2.3.6 by Zenexer, ementalo, Aelux,
    Brettflan, KimKandor, snowleo, ceulemans and Xeology
    08:11:28 [INFO] This product includes GeoLite data created by MaxMind, available
     from http://www.maxmind.com/.

6. Offline

MrConfig

Hello. It's mentioned in the changelog that GroupManager will be remove in favor of Permissions 3.0. Will my existing groups and users file be converted to Permissions automatically? Will the subgroups functionality still be working? I understand the /man commands will still work so that's that.

Also thanks for the continuuing work on this great plugin!

7. Offline

Claw22000

MCMyAdmin and Essentials is a great combo. You need the 2 plugins that come with essentials there version of permissins and the bridge. After that go in to McMyadmin and tell it your using groupmanager. then they work togather just fine as long as you manger permission from within McMyadmin.

8. Offline

Dyllon

Could you add the ability to ungod mode people?

9. Offline

cheeky_kingers

I got the error message that was warned in 2.3.5 for 'vanishNOPickup' plugin. Anyone else?

Also, anyone know what the hell this is

Attached Files:

10. I did skim the thread for this info, but could not find it. Using GeoIp, is it possible to block certain countrys, or allow just one? I just ask because i suffer severe lag on my server if anyone from outside the UK joins my server. is there a way i can make it UK only?

cheeky_kingers likes this.
  11. Just to reiterate...

I suggest that users don't rely on getting answers from this thread, because essentials support is focused on IRC help.

People who are having problems with GM, should update to the latest version of essentials.

12. Offline

Buz

I have essentials but i have very much lag with it.what i need to do for removing the lag?

13. Offline

Spezialeinheit

Hello Bukkit community

I've since change to a root problem that when I type / spawnmob [mobname]
    the text "Error creating monsters" appear. I think this is no solution. In the server properties is also spawn mobs to "true". I can not find a solution to solve this problem. Did anyone know this already and it could also solve?

Would be grateful if someone could help me :)

error message:
    [​IMG]

14. Offline

zawmbee42

On my server, i turned /socialspy on but it ONLY shows messages when people use the /r command...

15. Offline

Gonfa

I can't use Prefix/Suffix with EssentialsChat, so when i chat it is colour on the playername but no Prefix or Suffix. Any help?

16. Offline

decarthado

17. Offline

osterbro2100

18. Offline

Yudaz

NOOOOOO! Dont take away Groupmanager!!! Plz! I do think it is much better than Permisssions! Plz dont do this!

19. Offline

Akintudne

It used to be Anti-Build, then it got changed to Anti-Grief before it apparently stopped being supported. Removing it brought back GroupManager though, so good call.

Also, please don't stop supporting GroupManager. I still think it's better than Permissions.

20. Offline

heroanth2345

Help
    When I do a warp sign the name of the warp become blue and when I try to right click, it says: This warp does not exist!
    But it worked before and I was able to do warp signs
    2011-06-26_22.13.58.png

This is what it was looking before:

2011-06-26_22.13.59.png

21. Offline

Reklats

Add delete function command someone else's house

22. Offline

Pyraah

Hi,

I've a little problem, /tempban & /ban doesn't works.
    Ingame, I'm pyraah. I've banned my nick from console server, and I can to connect...

23. Offline

puyttre

You have to ban your real name, not your nick.

24. Offline

dannybtw

how do i deny use for the whois command im using group manager

25. Offline

puyttre

Hi,

I was wondering how you include colored names in the playerlist and while using the /afk command. If it helps, I have iChat and Permissions, not GM.

26. Offline

Infectedd

27. Offline

Pyraah

I'ts the real name. I'm ingame, I try to ban me from console server (/ban pyraah), I've kicked but I can to connect again.

28. Offline

shavid

IS it possible to add a delay to the /tp commands using permissions? Was hoping to have a way of Magicians on our server teleporting our players about a little, but with a 10minute delay so that people paid for it, and it wasn't over used.

29. Offline

blackicetf2

When i /tjail someone it say you may not jail that person

30. Offline

Belus

I have a serious issue. My players can do /home (another player's name) and go to their home! This may be something with permissions but I came here first. Any ideas on how to fix this? I want ranked members to be able to do this but my normal players should not be allowed to do this.