[GEN/SEC/ECON/TP/ADMN] Essentials - A collection of useful commands

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by EssentialsTeam, Apr 30, 2011.

1. Offline

Necrodoom

your spawn and warps keep reseting? are you using an online service host? sounds like essentials cant write to file

2. Offline

Hopper

It is great for beginners to have a place to start. I agree - these are all good basics and necessary commands to get started with.

3. Offline

Babadegl

how do i reactivate the gamemode-change with only /gm ?? so when i do /gm i can switch between creative and survival, but after the update it doesnt work, i think because adventure was added...

4. Offline

PatPeter

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2016
  5. Offline

MagicRecon

yeah im using beastnode to rent the server, but... it never did it before i restarted the server put essentials back in and now this

also what is the permission node for people to do /sell hand?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2016
  6. Offline

Necrodoom

babedegl: how would you make a boolean toggle with 3 gamemodes?

patpeter: http://ess.khhq.net/wiki/Sign_Tutorial#Signs

magicrecon: heard write to file errors before with beastnode, but make sure you didnt reset your plugins/essentials/warps
    as for /sell hand, essentials.sell

7. Offline

xBlueXFoxx

I see a pretty big flaw would be that essentials makes a config file for EVERY user, on a large server like mine my user folder has some 18,000+ files in it. It would be nice for it to clear out files of usernames that have not been in the server in some time.

8. Offline

Necrodoom

while this doesnt actually have an effect on server, since files arent read if the player is offline, you can sort by last modified for now, and delete old files. old file deletion is considered for 3.x.

9. Offline

xBlueXFoxx

/baltop takes significantly longer, and I would assume it would effect HDD I/O quite a bit, for very short periods. It's also quite an inconvenience when moving the server files (compressing, uncompressing, etc, definitely for "FTP" users), which isn't my case but if it was I would probably find it annoying.

10. Offline

Necrodoom

il add to request priority, then.

11. Offline

ryant223

So this dosn't work for R2.0 yet? sorry if i sound stupid

12. Offline

Icee2199

I get this from GroupManger:

13. Offline

Necrodoom

ryant223: bukkit build R2.0 aswell as bukkit build 1.3.2R0.1 both changed nothing to cause any error.

icee2199: you have an error on file plugins\GroupManager\worlds\teamfortress2\groups.yml, paste it using www.pastie.org

14. Offline

Icee2199

@necrodoom
    I have multiple worlds, all the ranks are the same i guess i mightve modifyed the groups.yml and added a TAB. I think ill just recopy in from another world the file. Thx :D

15. Offline

MinziMinzz

Could you add the Armor Slots when i type /openinv <name> in

16. Offline

iTiamo

Please help.
    This error is spamming my console every 3 seconds, very annoying.

30.08 06:42:03 [Server] INFO at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:539)
    30.08 06:42:03 [Server] INFO at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:406)
    30.08 06:42:03 [Server] INFO at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.p(MinecraftServer.java:474)
    30.08 06:42:03 [Server] INFO at net.minecraft.server.DedicatedServer.q(DedicatedServer.java:213)
    30.08 06:42:03 [Server] INFO at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.q(MinecraftServer.java:510)
    30.08 06:42:03 [Server] INFO at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.scheduler.CraftScheduler.mainThreadHeartbeat(CraftScheduler.java:316)
    30.08 06:42:03 [Server] INFO at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.scheduler.CraftTask.run(CraftTask.java:52)
    30.08 06:42:03 [Server] INFO at com.earth2me.essentials.EssentialsTimer.run(EssentialsTimer.java:49)
    30.08 06:42:03 [Server] INFO at com.earth2me.essentials.User.checkActivity(User.java:553)
    30.08 06:42:03 [Server] INFO at com.earth2me.essentials.User.isAuthorized(User.java:84)
    30.08 06:42:03 [Server] INFO at com.earth2me.essentials.perm.PermissionsHandler.hasPermission(PermissionsHandler.java:75)
    30.08 06:42:03 [Server] INFO at com.earth2me.essentials.perm.GroupManagerHandler.hasPermission(GroupManagerHandler.java:68)
    30.08 06:42:03 [Server] INFO at com.earth2me.essentials.perm.GroupManagerHandler.getHandler(GroupManagerHandler.java:105)
    30.08 06:42:03 [Server] INFO java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/anjocaido/groupmanager/dataholder/worlds/WorldsHolder
    30.08 06:42:03 [Server] WARNING [Essentials] Task #4997 for Essentials v2.9.3 generated an exception

If you need anything, don't hesitate to ask!

17. Offline

Necrodoom

minziminzz: /invsee opens your inventory as a chest, doing so means theres no place for armor slots. do you have a suggestion on how to do it?

itiamo: seems like a corrupt download, try redownload, and give more info around aswell as startup log

18. Offline

Mariskaaa

Hi, I have a question. Sorry for my bad English, I'm Dutch.
    Okay, so. I have a spawn for new people to my server, the default spawn.
    But I have ranks, and I want to make a spawn for Builders.
    What permission do I have to give to the rank Builders so they get to the Builder-spawn ?
    Thanks if somebody can help me. :)

19. Offline

MinziMinzz

there is a plugin called OpenInv where you can type in /openinv and you can see the armor slot.

and could you work on a /trade command when you type /trade <name> and then opens a Chest where 2 Player can interact with

20. Offline

Necrodoom

mariskaaa: essentials.spawn, just do /setspawn builder

minziminzz: il look into this.

21. Offline

Mariskaaa

necrodoom Okay, does Essentials support YAPP? Because I use that permissions plugin.

22. Offline

Necrodoom

according to YAPP developer, you need to set
    use-bukkit-permissions: false
    to true in essentials config.yml

23. Offline

Mariskaaa

24. Offline

MinziMinzz

ehh essentials added /speed could you add verticalspeed and i want to config the speed for groups we have vips and i want that the vips can use /speed 5 and not more

25. Offline

KingCalbo

Is there a way to sell enchanted items with essentials signs? I find the id of the item by typing /iteminfo but when I put that id on the sign it says "Error: Unknown item name: 310-3i2nogkvpi5 (enchanted helmet). Just wondering cause I know you can do it with chest shop

26. Offline

Necrodoom

minziminzz: vertical speed cant be modified, last time i checked.
    kingcalbo: not added yet

27. Offline

MinziMinzz

and the permissions node? where i can change the speed for some groups like essentials.speed.5

28. Offline

Creeper98HD

Can you add /restart?

29. Offline

Icee2199

I get this error all the time:
    Code:
    [WARNING] Error with EssentialsChat listener of Factions: com.massivecraft.factions.integration.EssentialsOldVersionFeatures$1.shouldHandleThisChat(Lorg/bukkit/event/player/AsyncPlayerChatEvent;)Z

30. Offline

Necrodoom

creeper98hd: /essentials reload
    icee2199: update factions