[GEN] HomeSpawnPlus v1.1 - Multiworld Home/Spawn [BukkitDev]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by andune, Jul 1, 2011.

1. Offline

andune

tombik likes this.
  2. Offline

dalphi

Awesome, thanks.

3. Offline

dalphi

So I set in config.yml:
    disabledCommands:
    # sub-permission: hsp.command.home.others - can teleport to others homes
    home: true
    # sub-permission: hsp.command.sethome.others - can change other peoples homes
    sethome: true

Now when a player does '/home', it just echos '/home' back to the their screen, literally the text '/home' appears on their screen. The player does not go home. I'm using it with MyHome 2.01.

4. Offline

Jobsti

Heyho @morganm

Thanks for the Update, works good, Update from 1.7 was easy and big thanks for the warmup!

Bug (since #~1060, or 1240?!):
    The chunk on /home doesn't load, me and my players spawn in the air and have to relog. /spawn works.
    (Preload chunks on command?!)

Request:
    - Own Messages for Warmup and Cooldown.
    - Automatic-name-complement. It's annoying for admins and mods to type the whole nickname to teleport to the playerhomes. ;)

@dalphi
    You want to use myHome for homes and HSP for Spawn? Try:
    disabledCommands:
    home: true
    sethome: true

permission: - -hsp.command.home.*
    permission: - -hsp.command.sethome.*

5. Offline

PAL-18

I just enabled multiworld on my server and whenever a new home is set on the new world - it overwrites the old home on the main map. How do i make it so each world can have its own homes?

6. Offline

andune

What you describe is the default behavior of HSP. That is, HSP always records homes that are unique to each world. However, how those homes are used are up to you in how you setup the strategies (for onDeath, onJoin, etc). Currently the "/home" command is not using the new strategies, but by default it will take you to your home on the current world unless you specify the world name, ie. "/home myworld".

7. Offline

PAL-18

When i try specifying a world name it says "A home for the given player does not exist" even though the homes exist.

I have:

onjoin: default
    ondeath: home
    oncommand: world

8. Offline

andune

What plugin are you using for multiworld? Let's assume MultiVerse and do an example:

/mv create world2 NORMAL
    /mvtp world2

Now we have "world2" and we're standing in it. Move somewhere and then type:
    /sethome

You will now have a home in world2. Assuming your original world was named "world" you can type "/home world" to go back to your home on world. If you just type /home while standing in world2, you will go to your home in world2.

HSP searches for the world first when you give it an argument, if it can't find one it will then try to find a player by that name. So if I type "/home wrld" (a typo), it will say "A home for the given player does not exist" since it first looked for a world named "wrld" and found none and then tried to find a player named "wrld" and also found none.

9. Offline

PAL-18

Wow, nice guess - i am using multiverse and my main world is called world!

I tried that, and when i type /sethome on skylands and go back to the world, and type /home - it takes me back to my skylands home (even though world already had a home set).

10. Offline

andune

OK, so at this point you want to get a list of your plugins and pastebin it here. My suspicion is some other plugin (Essentials?) is actually processing your /sethome and /home commands and not HSP. This is further confirmed by the fact that I just did a search through the HSP code for your "A home for the given player does not exist" and there is no such message. HSP's message will look like: "No home found for player foo123 on world skylands"

11. Offline

PAL-18

Ah, i see.

It's probably CommandBook that was causing it. It won't let me disable its home command to HSP's :(

I got around this though by renaming HomeSpawnPlus.jar to aHomeSpawnPlus.jar so that the server loads it before commandbook (and it works). So if anyone else is having a compatibility problem like this, just do that.

Thanks for all the help though ;)

12. Offline

Don Redhorse

hmm what about economy support via Register or Vault?

13. Offline

Jobsti

@morganm

I created an important ticket:

14. Offline

andune

Hi @Jobsti, I responded in the ticket on dev.bukkit (thanks for using the ticket system). I have a question on your issue, looking forward to your response over there so I can look into it further.

15. Offline

andune

v0.9 is released and available on dev.bukkit.org.

v0.9 - November 12, 2011
    • new feature: WorldGuard region-spawn support via "spawnWGregion" strategy
    • new feature: Economy fees using optional Vault dependency
    • new feature: spawnSpecificWorld strategy
    • new feature: spawnNamedSpawn strategy
    • new command: /setdefaultspawn to allow for defining the default spawn out of multiple named spawns that might exist in a world
    • new feature: usurpCommands - admin can specify commands s/he wants this plugin to takeover if other plugins are using it (ie. usurp "/home" from CommandBook, which loads first alphabetically)
    • new feature: implemented "spawnNearest" spawn strategy

Note @PAL-18 and @xemnes, the new "usurpCommands" config option allows you to specify that HSP should own /home, /sethome, /spawn, in an upgrade-proof way instead of having to monkey with CommandBook (or others) plugin.yml or alphabetically re-arrange your plugins. Give it a shake and let me know how it works for you.

Don Redhorse likes this.
  16. Offline

andune

I think most folks are following this on dev.bukkit.org now, but just in case not, I updated the thread title here and am posting this to make people aware of the 1.0 and 1.1 releases. 1.0 added some major new functionality and 1.1 had a few additions and several bug fixes, please read the Changelog for more info:

Full Changelog

17. Offline

outi

Can anybody explain, how to set exact spawn only for new users on non-default world?

18. Offline

Drumpie

Is it possible to make a special Moderator group so that they can use Home and Spawn without a cooldown?

19. Offline

Strebelschneck

when someone uses /spawn on my server, the chunk at the spawnpoint doesn't get loaded and players are stuck in a hole and have to relog to fix it. No errors in console. RB of bukkit, latest HSP build.

20. Offline

sikkens1997

Hey, I have tryed to get /home /sethome /spawn working for non-OPs but it doesn't work.

Could you please tell me exactly what do put where? I'm not using any Permissions Plugin just OP. I have read through ALOT, but didn't find any succesfull way.

Thanks.

21. Offline

sikkens1997

Please. Anybody?

22. Offline

xemnes

you need permissions to give it to anyone that isnt op

23. Offline

sikkens1997

24. Offline

andune

I don't check the forums here as often since development moved to dev.bukkit.

The easiest way is to get a permission system, there are several good, lightweight ones and it will help you out when you're dealing with other plugins.

Assuming you're dead-set against that for some reason, then copy the "config_defaults.yml" over your "config.yml" (assuming you've made no changes), this gives you the full config options for easy editing. Then edit the "permissions:" section and comment out or delete everything but "ops".

In "ops" mode, HSP gives all permissions to ops, none to non-ops. Additionally, in "ops" mode, it will check the "core.defaultPermissions" list and any permissions listed there will be given to everyone. Thus, the relevant options in your config.yml are:

Code:
    permissions:
      - ops

core:
      defaultPermissions:
        - hsp.command.home
        - hsp.command.sethome
        - hsp.command.spawn

25. Offline

sikkens1997

I got PermissionsBukkit. When i put thos nodes, they still can't use it.

pacmanjones likes this.
  26. Offline

pacmanjones

Yeah, I've got the same issue with the latest build.

FYI, when my server starts up, it says 'utilizing vault permissions' (for HSP)

27. Offline

andune

If you follow the instructions in the thread you reply to, HSP should not say "utilizing vault permissions". The instructions include the "permissions:" config setting to "ops", which means the only thing HSP should use is "ops" and you will see the message "using basic Op check for permissions".

If you don't want to use "basic op" then you need to learn how to use superperms (the default Bukkit permission system) to enable the permissions you want.

28. Offline

OverSizedRabbit

i cant get it to load properly i guess? do you need to update it for 1.1?

29. Offline

homobobo

Some of my users have 2 groups assigned to them, e.g. Red & Admin
    I have defined a group spawn for red, but whenever the spawnGroup strategy is used it only checks if there is a group spawn for the Admin group, which there isn't.

30. Offline

andune

Yes, this is "working as designed". HSP was originally forked from SpawnControl and the "group spawn" concept is directly inherited from that original design, which was based on the Perm2 concept of a single, primary group. There is no notion of multiple groups in the design. Even if there were, HSP's config would have to be modified to allow for you to have some way to choose/order the groups, because otherwise "Admin" might be selected when you really want "Red".

I've never been motivated to improve this since I don't use it myself and amazingly, throughout SpawnControl/HSP's whole time, this is the first I've heard of someone requesting a multigroup control for groupSpawn. I just don't think it's a common use case.

So, what to do? Best option for you right now is that HSP already has some advanced controls that might allow you to accomplish the same thing, just not using the groupSpawn construct. Here is an example:

Code:
    #config.yml
    events:
      permission:
        entry1:
          permissions:
            - group.Red
          onDeath:
            - spawnNamedSpawn:redspawn
        entry2:
          permissions:
            - group.Blue
          onDeath:
            - spawnNamedSpawn:bluespawn

In this example, if someone has the "group.Red" permission (which you can assign to your Red group), they will spawn at the spawn named "redspawn", which you can set in-game by typing "/setspawn redspawn". And of course Blue will spawn at bluespawn. If they don't have the group.Red or group.Blue permission, then HSP will just fall back to the default onDeath strategy you have defined.

31. Offline

homobobo

I believe i tried that, and it just kept trying the groupSpawn strategy. I guess I wrote it outside the events tree or something.
    But yea, it's working now, thanks :)