[GEN] General 3.6.2 (Webern) -- A plugin for general commands, now on BukkitDev! [1060]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Celtic Minstrel, Mar 6, 2011.

1. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

General 3.6.2 [Webern]
    NOTE: If you are updating from 3.4.1 or earlier, you must copy the aliases section from the sample config file into your own config file. If you don't do this, many commands will not work.
    Download from the BukkitDev page (Older versions | Source)

General provides a small set of basic commands for your server. See more details on the BukkitDev page.

General is a fork of Nijikokun's plugin. It adds a few commands to the original set provided by General.

Without Nijikokun's original General plugin, this plugin would never have been possible. Or at least, I would not have made it. General Essentials (the source of the /kit command) was created by wjykk and has had some input from cjc343. The SpawnMob plugin, from which I adapted the code for the /mobspawn command, was created by xmlns and is now maintained by jordanneil23.

I recommend using sk89q's CommandHelper in conjunction with this plugin. Starting from 3.4.5, there is a command-helper.txt file included with the download which you can copy to CommandHelper's config.txt for some handy aliases, such as /spawn and /home.

Differences from cjc343's now-inactive fork
    • Does not detect that another plugin has registered the same command.
    • /playerlist and /who are two separate commands
    • Different items.db format
    • Does not support setting or viewing the raw time.

2. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

That's not in Toolbox.matchPlayer; it's in Items.validate.

3. Offline

Jan Tojnar

You are allright. i just got idea what is it caused by. I set last item to null when it is valid user. I thought that foreach ignores that (like in some other languages) but it still pass it to items.validate.

Edit:
    I fixed it: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1189439/General.jar
    Source: https://github.com/jtojnar/General/commit/7fb7fa06689bebf699b9aa9b69cbb093f846b945
    Apparently it wasn't included in first commit but i just added tests if item!=null
    Edit 2:
    Made a pull request

BTW i found some error from file i haven't changed:
    Show Spoiler
    Code:
    18:23:45 [SEVERE] [General-3.4.2] There was a big problem executing command [inven.items]! Please report this error!
    18:23:45 [SEVERE] [General-3.4.2] Full command string: [items redwool bluewool greenwool]
    18:23:45 [SEVERE] java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: -1
    18:23:45 [SEVERE] 	at java.lang.AbstractStringBuilder.delete(AbstractStringBuilder.java:694)
    18:23:45 [SEVERE] 	at java.lang.StringBuilder.delete(StringBuilder.java:272)
    18:23:45 [SEVERE] 	at net.craftstars.general.command.inven.itemsCommand.doGive(itemsCommand.java:43)
    18:23:45 [SEVERE] 	at net.craftstars.general.command.inven.itemsCommand.fromPlayer(itemsCommand.java:56)
    18:23:45 [SEVERE] 	at net.craftstars.general.command.CommandBase.runCommand(CommandBase.java:23)
    18:23:45 [SEVERE] 	at net.craftstars.general.General.onCommand(General.java:244)
    18:23:45 [SEVERE] 	at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:35)
    18:23:45 [SEVERE] 	at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:128)
    18:23:45 [SEVERE] 	at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:287)
    18:23:45 [SEVERE] 	at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.handleCommand(NetServerHandler.java:712)
    18:23:45 [SEVERE] 	at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.chat(NetServerHandler.java:678)
    18:23:45 [SEVERE] 	at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:671)
    18:23:45 [SEVERE] 	at net.minecraft.server.Packet3Chat.a(Packet3Chat.java:32)
    18:23:45 [SEVERE] 	at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:226)
    18:23:45 [SEVERE] 	at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:75)
    18:23:45 [SEVERE] 	at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:105)
    18:23:45 [SEVERE] 	at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:399)
    18:23:45 [SEVERE] 	at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:309)
    18:23:45 [SEVERE] 	at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2016
  4. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

I see what caused that.

5. Offline

dompie

This plugin turn slowly into unuseable because of permanently changing command names or not working commands like:

/online
    /mobspawn
    /tele
    /pm
    /away
    /mob

Although I can lookup command aliases, my players can not (so easyly) resulting in lots of questions. I hope this gets better soon (and test CraftEssence so long).

6. Offline

Jan Tojnar

Edit config, there is alias section.
    @Celtic Minstrel please add hatch as alias for trapdoor.

7. Offline

dompie

Ah, I see ... alias section is new in this minor version. Thanks

8. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

@Jan Tojnar – I'll do that, but don't forget you can also do it yourself by editing the items.yml.

@dompie – I imagine a lot of people will have that problem, so I've added a note to the opening post about it.

dompie likes this.
  9. Offline

florian0

Hey,

im having some problems since b860. I think these two commands are not passed to General because they are only available to OPs and are useable independently of the Permissions.

/time
    /give
    (/item is working)
    This must be a problem with my config (since no one else reporting this).

Iv'e copied the new config.yml provided in the zip into the General-Folder and deleted the plugin.yml inside of this folder.

Im running CB860 with Permissions 3.1.5, MultiVerse 1.7.2, Lockette 1.3.8, HomeX 0.6, xAuth 1.2.5, NoWeather 1.5 and General 3.4.2

I don't know much about Java (but C#, VB6 and php) so im not completly clueless :)

Regrads,
    florian0

10. Offline

Jan Tojnar

Read the op

11. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

Do you have an aliases section in your config? It rather sounds like you do, but just check?

12. Offline

florian0

I think you mean this section, yes i have ^^

Code:
    # Command aliases
    aliases:
    [...]
      inven:
        give: [i, item]
        clear: [clean]
        take: []
        kit: []
        items: []
    [...]

13. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

Okay, so what happens when you try to use /give or /time?

14. Offline

florian0

I've set Permission - 'general.give' in globalGroups and i am not an Operator.

When i type
    /give wood (should give wooden plank)
    It says: You do not have permission to give players items.
    When i try /item wood, it gives me wood (wooden plank).

/time is working (tells me the actual time).
    /time day -> You do not have permission to alter the time.

If i am an Operator, these command work as they should.

15. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

Hm, I dunno. I suppose you could try adding "give" and "time" to be aliases for themselves, but that shouldn't be necessary. Or, are you using any plugins that might be conflicting?

16. Offline

florian0

Thanks for the hint, i just found out that ScrapBukkit is also registering the /give and the /time command.
    I removed the plugin and its now working again :)

17. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

Yup, that would do it! :)

18. Offline

VaKe

Either I am doing something wrong or there is a bug:
    I try to give a specific group access to nearly all items.
    config: (the standard)
    Code:
    give:
      groups:
        notitem: [26, 55, 59, 62, 63, 64, 68, 71, 74, 75, 83, 90, 93, 94]
        bedrock: [7]
        fluid: [8, 9, 10, 11]
      others-for-all: true
    This should deny the listed items.
    Permissions:
    - 'general.give'
    Trying to give myself dirt for example return that I dont have permissions to give dirt.
    Adding - 'general.give.groupless' to the permissions does not help.

19. Offline

DaddyCool64

general.motd:
    Code:
    &fHallo &c+d&f.
    Schön, das du wieder da bist.
    &6Es sind +c Spieler online&f:
    &6+p&f
    &3Du besitzt +$&f.
    Du befindest dich in +w
    bei den Koordinaten &9+l&f
    &6InGameZeit: +t&f
    &5/? für Hilfe&f
    2011-06-22_07.48.jpg
    any idea?

20. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

@VaKe – I'm not sure what your problem is... you shouldn't need general.give.groupless judging by your config. Are you certain you are in the group that has the general.give permission?

@DaddyCool64 – What's your economy plugin?

21. Offline

elevatorguy

is there a node kinda like general.give.other ?? i need to be able to disable it so people stop cheating and give stuff to the users in the survival world.

22. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

A node for giving to others? Apparently there isn't. Maybe I should fix that.

23. Offline

DaddyCool64

iConomy 5.01

24. Offline

elevatorguy

If it's not too much trouble, that would be awesome :)

25. Offline

VaKe

Yes I am sure. If you dont have the general.give permissions it says something like you dont have to permission to use give. (An other error than you dont have the permissions to give dirt).

26. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

Done.

For the iConomy issue, I'll probably talk to Niji later; for the give issue, I'm really not sure what's wrong, unless you're not using version 3.4.2? I remember that was broken in an earlier version.

27. I have a problem !! :p
    http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/econ-iconomy-5-0-1-eruanna-845.40/page-120I have tried all of this, and still don't working, help !!
    Iconomy and General Up To Date, Craftbukkit too

28. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

Basically, you've told General that it should look for iConomy 4 when in fact you are using iConomy 5. Just edit your config file to fix that.

29. Offline

elevatorguy

nice, so I should expect a version 3.4.3 pretty soon?

30. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

Oh right, I could release that soon.

Ah, it looks like the /give issue may not have been fixed until 3.4.3, which wasn't yet released. Sorry about that; it'll be uploaded soon.

Here's the changelog:

Version 3.4.3
    • Data values for tallgrass are permitted now, though it seems they don't actually have any effect.
    • The whitelist/blacklist functionality for /give now definitely works correctly; I think this was already fixed in 3.4.2, but now there's no doubt. :p
    • Proper support for map data values, allowing you to give yourself only those maps that actually exist. In other words, if you want a copy of an existing map, you can use the /give command, but to get a brand-new map you still have to craft it (or use some other plugin).
    • Possible fix for the iConomy 5 balance being reported as zero when it's not.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2016
  31. Offline

DaddyCool64

On CB 928 i get this error:
    Code:
    2011-06-24 13:40:37 [INFO] [General-3.4.3]  Using [Permissions 2.7.4] for permissions.
    2011-06-24 13:40:37 [INFO] [General-3.4.3] [Codename: Hindemith] Plugin successfully loaded!
    2011-06-24 13:40:38 [INFO] [General-3.4.3] [Help 0.2.4.1] support enabled.
    2011-06-24 13:40:38 [SEVERE] Error occurred while enabling General v3.4.3 (Is it up to date?): 0
    java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 0
     at net.craftstars.general.util.AliasHandler.setup(AliasHandler.java:37)
     at net.craftstars.general.General.onEnable(General.java:113)
     at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:126)
     at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:857)
     at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:253)
     at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:157)
     at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.enablePlugins(CraftServer.java:136)
     at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.e(MinecraftServer.java:284)
     at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:271)
     at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:148)
     at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:335)
     at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)