Inactive [GEN] Essentials v2.1 [?]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Zenexer, Jan 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Zenexer

2. Offline

Retricide

Well I have 2 mods that I'd like to give the /modgrp command to, but once again we get the error:null message whenever we try and add anyone using /modgrp. I'm on cb 186 (or 200 maybe?) and using essentials b132.

On a side note, I've been getting really bad server lag whenever someone disconnects or connects. I thought I saw this mentioned somewhere in this thread, but I'm not sure. Any ideas whats causing this? I've heard LWC does?

3. Offline

Survivorman

Is there any other way to override teleport cool downs other than being an OP?

4. Offline

TheArcher

The configuration file is horrible. The default settings should have all commands that may cause any harm to the server restricted, but it's quite the opposite. Default players can spawn mobs, ban (even ips), kick, and many other things. Please fix the default settings of the "config" file.

Pezmantbh likes this.
  5. Offline

Pezmantbh

+1
    /ban and /kick should be restricted by default.

6. Offline

Aelux

Works perfect for me. Using CraftBukkit b186 and Essentials 131.
    --- merged: Feb 1, 2011 11:44 PM ---
    @ementalo How do you send commands to the server itself? It used to be "/#". That isn't working for me anymore...

7. Offline

Retricide

/pr works for me too. Aelux, have u tried /modgrp? Do you get an error:null?

8. Offline

jwideman

/setspawn isn't working for me. Though instead of errors, the log just says that I tried to use the command. I am set as Admin in Permissions.
    I'm using craftbukkit 202.

9. Offline

Aelux

@Retricide Using the /modgrp command re-formats your permissions file to its "bare" format. If you open it up, you'll see that there are lots of NULL values. Bukkit has a bug with NULL values, so I believe you have to remove any sections which are empty. Backup your permissions first though, before making any changes.

I have not used this command myself, because of the known issues with that new format.
    --- merged: Feb 2, 2011 12:02 AM ---
    I added a caution to the /modgrp on the Essentials wiki. People need to be warned that it can have adverse effects...

10. Offline

Retricide

Yeah i had problems at first, but eventually it worked...in the "bare" format. But for some reason its not formatting the entire file...and I think that might be giving me the null error, because a previous build was supposed to fix the "error:null" problem where adding a person via /modgrp creates a [] in permissions, but thats exactly the problem I'm getting.

11. Offline

Aelux

@Retricide Hmm... Interesting. Well seeing as I don't use that command, I can't be of much more help then that, sorry...

12. Offline

mortdefaim

Hi, i have got a problem with this plugin, when i try to use the command /give 1 1 or /item 1 1, the console show me that
    Code:
    org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager callEvent
    GRAVE: Could not pass event PLAYER_COMMAND to Essentials
    java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.bukkit.inventory.ItemStack.<init><IIBLjava/lang
    /Byte;)U
    I have the lastests versions of craftbukkit and Essentials
    Here are my permissions

Code:
    plugin:
        permissions:
            system: default

groups:
        default:
            default: true
            info:
                prefix: f
                suffix:
                build: true
            inheritance:
            permissions:
                - 'essentials.getpos'
                - 'essentials.tell'
                - 'essentials.msg'
                - 'essentials.rules'
                - 'essentials.whisper'
                - 'essentials.list'
                - 'essentials.mail'
                - 'essentials.helpop'
                - 'essentials.help'
                - 'essentials.motd'
                - 'essentials.spawn'
                - 'essentials.kit'
                - 'essentials.kit.starter'
                - 'essentials.home'
                - 'essentials.sethome'
                - 'iConomy.payment'
                - 'iConomy.rank'
                - 'iConomy.list'
                - 'permissions.reload'

mods:
            default: false
            info:
                prefix: 2
                suffix:
            inheritance:
            permissions:
                - '*'
        admins:
            default: false
            info:
                prefix: 4
                suffix:
            inheritance:
            permissions:
                - '*'

13. Offline

dumptruckman

2011-02-01 19:19:39 [INFO] [PLAYER_COMMAND] dumptruckman: /i 50 1
    Feb 1, 2011 7:19:39 PM org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager callEvent
    SEVERE: Could not pass event PLAYER_COMMAND to Essentials
    java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.bukkit.inventory.ItemStack.<init>(IIBLjava/lang
    /Byte;)V
    at org.bukkit.earth2me.essentials.commands.Commanditem.run(Commanditem.j
    ava:37)
    at org.bukkit.earth2me.essentials.EssentialsListener.onPlayerCommand(Ess
    entialsListener.java:129)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$3.execute(JavaPluginLoader.ja
    va:133)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.jav
    a:60)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.j
    ava:213)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.c(NetServerHandler.java:590)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:563)
    at net.minecraft.server.Packet3Chat.a(SourceFile:24)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.a(SourceFile:232)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:71)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:104)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:276)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:202)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:512)

I still receive this error with 132

14. Offline

MemoryThief

I have had this /mod or /modgrp problem as well, and here are my symptoms... (Note I haven't upgraded to 132 yet) I have written the file with many empty 'null' fields in the config.yml for permissions. That would load and work fine, the server would load and work fine last a long time, until I tried to use /mod <user> <group> and noticed a few things. I was able to use /mod <user> <Group> if 'Group' was spelt exactly the way it showed up in the config.yml.

For example if my group was User, then I would have to type /mod <user> User instead of /mod <user> user ; that capitol sometimes made the difference between a crash and a not crash. Other times even if everything is working perfectly and typed in perfectly, It would crash. I did notice that adding a new user who wasn't on the config.yml user section would consistently crash the server, and the only clean way to do it was to get on the server itself, modify that file, save it, then in game use /pr.

It seems the crash would happen when the plugin trys to reload the plugins after writing to the config file, to initiate changes.

However I love this plugin, and this is a minor problem that can only be caused by knowingly entering this command, and the rest of it (besides tress at the time) worked perfectly. Now off to update to the new version! Hope this helps someone.

15. Offline

chill1977

This is obviously and out of date error regardless you need to delete and reupdate your craftbukkit and essentials and now permissions
    --- merged: Feb 2, 2011 1:06 AM ---
    Have you updated permissions?

16. Offline

AbsolutePolak

i get this error when anyone uses /time
    Code:
    Feb 1, 2011 7:04:16 PM org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager callEvent
    java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.bukkit.Server.getTime()J
    	at org.bukkit.earth2me.essentials.commands.Commandtime.run(Commandtime.java:26)
    	at org.bukkit.earth2me.essentials.EssentialsListener.onPlayerCommand(EssentialsListener.java:133)
    	at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$3.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:133)
    	at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:60)
    	at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:213)
    	at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:283)
    	at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:209)

Running bukkit build 210
    permissions v. 2

17. Offline

Aelux

I added some much needed organization and detail to the tp commands on the Essentials wiki. Let me know if I made a mistake...

18. Offline

chill1977

This is confirmed /time day or night returns this error in console

19. Offline

jwideman

I have. Admin just needs * and have all permissions for everything, right?

20. Offline

KingDP

I cant seem to get Warps to work at all no matter what plugin i try to use. i've tryed getting it to work with "General"
    Tryed "MyWarp" and now this and everything always works minus the warps which is what i need! facepalm.

21. Offline

Redecouverte

/mod crashes the server, when trying to reload all plugins

wouldn't it be better to just reload the permissions plugin?

22. Offline

chill1977

permissions: '*'
    --- merged: Feb 2, 2011 1:22 AM ---
    What exactly won't work? What are you doing?

23. Offline

jwideman

Yep, that's what I'm using. I can't get /give or /item to work either.
    \o/

24. Offline

chernobyl360

the commands work.... but i found out if you have ScrapBukkit in your plugins then it cancels out every other command plugin :(.so dont use scrap bukkit if you have it!

25. Offline

Jake Radcliff

I cant get the /warp thing to work either. i tried to set a new warp called test by doing /setwarp test and /warp set test, but i cant get it to work.

26. Offline

chill1977

I have no problems using /setwarp test and then /warp test to go there in the New Essentials and Craft 210

27. Offline

jwideman

I'm still using craft 202, permissions 2.0, and same issue as with /setspawn. I haven't tried /tp, as i use teleplus for that.

28. Offline

Masocristy

I have a bug to report but the report a bug link sends me to a sign-in page? >:

Also I don't know if this counts as a bug but I downloaded v132 but when I boot up it still uses 131 as the version number.

29. Offline

chill1977

Yes you have to sign up to post bug reports and no version number is not considered a bug lol

30. Offline

fffizzz

/time day appears to be broken on 132, cb 210
    Code:
    Feb 1, 2011 9:32:49 PM org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager callEvent
    java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.bukkit.Server.getTime()J
            at org.bukkit.earth2me.essentials.commands.Commandtime.run(Commandtime.java:26)
            at org.bukkit.earth2me.essentials.EssentialsListener.onPlayerCommand(EssentialsListener.java:133)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$3.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:133)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:60)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:213)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:283)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:209)

31. Offline

Aelux

Getting the latest build of CraftBukkit as soon as it comes out is not a wise decision. You should use a build which is considered stable for all/most plugins. Right now, builds 186 and 201 (Tested by chill1977) have been proven to work the best. Be patient with the developers. It's not always necessary for developers to update every time the server is updated, because more often then not they introduce new problems and/or no real benefits at all to previous builds....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.