Inactive [GEN] Essentials v2.1 [?]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Zenexer, Jan 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Zenexer

2. Offline

Kane

ahh okay everyone yells at me I just tried haha noticed /reloadall but does not seam to reload MOTD also :)

But everyone gets bad not having /help but also annoying not seeing what commands for sure certain users might have /help would save the day when you do get the chance hehe.

3. Offline

Brettflan

Would it be possible to add a configurable delay for teleporting commands before they even fire, particularly /spawn and /home? I know you've implemented cooldowns, but this way people could no longer instantly teleport to safety, they would only teleport after something like a 10 second delay. Better yet, where any movement by the player would cancel the teleport so they couldn't do so while running from something/someone nasty.

4. Offline

RoTide

@Zenexer

Is there a way to put in a warning before a user uses a command with a cost? Just a bad idea from thin air.. Say /home costs iConomy cash, when you use /home it warns you that it will cost X and to use "/home $" if you wish to accept?

Or at least some sort of visual notification that the command at least took money from your account?

Would just be helpful to keep down the "hey, my money is gone!" false alarms.

5. Offline

Zenexer

Update: /modgrp has been modified such that it will fix all null errors in your config automatically and ensure that players are not trying to add each other to higher groups or demote higher-ranking members.

Players will now be notified when money is subtracted or added to their accounts.

@Brettflan It's already on the gameplan :D

6. Offline

Mhalkyer

@Zenexer How are you determining the 'group order'?

Also, can you make Essentials maintain Permissions YML formatting when editing it? It's causing a big headache and it'd probably be easier to ask you to change than ask Nijikokun (who doesn't even have time to update Permissions).

I can provide an example if needed.

7. Offline

Brettflan

Outstanding. Thank you, good sir.

8. Offline

Mountaineer

Any way to turn off the money message that appears every time I use an item or tp command? Nothing about it in config.yml.

9. Offline

SUparJErk

I sure do wish YAML hadn't become the standard for bukkit plugin configuration files. It's caused so many people so much confusion and so many problems.

10. Offline

Zenexer

@Mhalkyer There is no way around completely reparsing the file, I am afraid.

@Mountaineer Fixed. :)

11. Offline

Snip3d

I have to agree with this. It is pretty annoying.

Also is there any way to set how much items sell for using /sell? I have not messed with the money system much.

Edit: It seems it is in the config file. I just updated from build 70 to the latest and the config file did not change. Should I delete the old config file and let it remake?

12. Offline

Zenexer

@Snip3d there's no need to delete it. Costs take the following format:
    Code:
    # worth-ITEM: VALUE
    worth-278: 20
    worth-277: 15

In addition, the notification about 0-value transactions has been fixed.

13. Offline

chill1977

I simply modify the file through my console and not through the in-game commands. Stop being to lazy to open it up and configure players or stop complaining about how the plugins operate.

I do feel the parsing is probibly why Niji hasnt incorporated /mod into his plugin. Although I know nothing about programming, I dont think Zenexer would have used something like this just to make this more diffucult than it has to be. Everyone was complaining I want, now they have. Now they complain they don't like. You can't have your cake and eat it too!!!

14. Offline

Zenexer

Well, despite all that, the /mod command should be significantly improved now. ^_^

15. Offline

Snip3d

Ahh thanks a lot.

In addition another problem has appeared. Permissions config file is now formatted extremely weird and hard to read and makes it nearly impossible to edit now. What is the deal with that?

EDIT: Ahh so /mod caused the problem. I should probably read the posts before posting :)

16. Offline

Nate204

No kidding, I just about lost it.
    I've spend the past 30 min. redownloading and rewriting files!

Simply put:
    Hot Fix = Do NOT use /mod.
    Simple enough.

Edit your permissions config, and then type /pr.
    If you're using a nickname plugin (I'm using Niji's) relogin back in and it will fix its self.

17. Offline

Zenexer

@Nate204 It should work much better now. It will actually fix errors. You can feed your original, invalid config into it, and it will fix it for you,

18. Offline

Nate204

......Im almost to worried to try it bud. That was a lot of fixing. I will do a backup and try it when I get home. If I reset again (the 5th time) I'll have an 11 man mob after me lol.. (my members)

19. Offline

Mhalkyer

lol, agreed. But the last thing you want to do is start and stop a server to promote someone. I know Zenexer isn't trying to complicate things (Love you Zen! [redflower]) but all these yml formats are getting out of hand. I feel like this has been a big misstep on the side of developers. We went from a challenging hmod format to an even more challenging yml format.

I'm not angry or ranting, just confused by the trend (and I'm a .NET developer with a 4 year degree!).

20. Offline

Zenexer

@Mhalkyer I'm also a .NET developer, and I also think YAML is a step in the wrong direction. Coincidence, much? :p You'll be interested to know that Eris, one of the Essentials developers, has been looking into alternatives specifically for Essentials.

Good news: Essentials now supports reading warps from warps.txt files. Note that they will not yet appear in the warp list, but at least you will still have all your favorite warps!

21. Offline

Aelux

What is the syntax for buying commands, or is that not possible yet?
    --- merged: Jan 28, 2011 10:44 PM ---
    @Zenexer I also want to note something.... When teleporting to another player or warping to a location, I will often become invisible to other players and other players will be invisible to me, as well as losing my skin... However using the /home or /spawn commands do not do this.

22. Offline

Netto Hikari

Wonderful. Thank you very much.

23. Offline

NordicBlue

Every time i use /modgrp now it reloads all plugins.
    Cant you just make it reload Essentials/Permissions?

24. Offline

seriosbrad

Is there still a problem with disabling commands?

I have disabled eco with
    "- eco"

But when using any command, it still says "$0 has been taken from your account."

Tested on craft bukkit built #135 and #166

25. Offline

ssechaud

29-Jan-2011 02:03:24 org.bukkit.earth2me.essentials.Essentials loadData
    SEVERE: null
    unacceptable character #FFFD special characters are not allowed
    in "<reader>", position 591
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.reader.StreamReader.checkPrintable(StreamReader.java:68)
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.reader.StreamReader.update(StreamReader.java:159)
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.reader.StreamReader.peek(StreamReader.java:117)
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.reader.StreamReader.peek(StreamReader.java:106)
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.scanner.ScannerImpl.scanToNextToken(ScannerImpl.java:964)
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.scanner.ScannerImpl.fetchMoreTokens(ScannerImpl.java:237)
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.scanner.ScannerImpl.checkToken(ScannerImpl.java:183)
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.parser.ParserImpl$ParseImplicitDocumentStart.produce(ParserImpl.java:200)
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.parser.ParserImpl.peekEvent(ParserImpl.java:163)
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.parser.ParserImpl.checkEvent(ParserImpl.java:148)
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.composer.Composer.getSingleNode(Composer.java:104)
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.constructor.BaseConstructor.getSingleData(BaseConstructor.java:124)
    at org.yaml.snakeyaml.Yaml.load(Yaml.java:264)
    at org.bukkit.earth2me.essentials.Essentials.loadData(Essentials.java:235)
    at org.bukkit.earth2me.essentials.Essentials.reload(Essentials.java:137)
    at org.bukkit.earth2me.essentials.Essentials.onEnable(Essentials.java:115)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:135)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:294)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:175)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:64)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:45)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.e(MinecraftServer.java:153)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.c(MinecraftServer.java:140)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.d(MinecraftServer.java:104)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:181)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:512)

26. Offline

Aelux

That means your Essentials config.yml file has invalid syntax/character in it. Start from the default and work your way up from there...

27. Offline

seriosbrad

Looks like you are trying to use HTML color code for something, use a number/letter from this list with an '&' prefix.

&e

28. Offline

ssechaud

I haven't edited anything, just using default from the download package.

29. Offline

Zenexer

That's not the default. You will need to convert the confit to UTF-8 if you wish to use it as it stands. Let me know if you would like instructions for that. :)

30. Offline

Retricide

Could you explain how to do that? I think I'm having the same problem.

31. Offline

Gimmic

Hey Zenexer. Excellent plugin, it really makes the server a lot better for the players.
    It is really nice that you can disable(and hide) the commands from users, but a few suggestions:

- Some other plugins may conflict. Stackable uses /s as a shorthand to stack items in your inventory. It still works fine, but your plugin tells the user that they do not have access to perform the command. What I suggest is that you have a 'whitelist' in the config that allows you to suppress messages from your plugin on specific keyword commands.

- Make it a config option to only show commands in /help that the user has access to. That way, an op still can see all the commands in /help, but a user only sees the ones they have access to perform.

- Allow for sorting of the /help command order, maybe keep it parsing in the order the file is listed? I feel many players may only look at the first page of commands.. I would move the most 'important' ones there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.