Inactive [GEN] Essentials v2.1 [?]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Zenexer, Jan 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Zenexer

2. Offline

highwisdom

From the OP: "disable-eco: Disables the entire economy, not just /eco"

so that disables the entire economy, but not the command..how to disable the /eco command itself?

also..given the new config syntax..what would it be?

Edit:

disable-eco: true <-- no effect in 0.7.1

disabled-commands:
    - eco <---- has effect (no "1 sold for $1" message), but doesn't restore CodeRed's command to working.

3. Offline

M1sT3rM4n

Should add a hint that you should NOT capitalize kit names. Otherwise you will get an error.

4. Offline

Zenexer

@M1sT3rM4n I did not know that. :p

@highwisdom That's a complex issue that has roots in Bukkit itself. There's no easy way to disable commands at runtime anymore. I think I have a workaround, though.

M1sT3rM4n likes this.
  5. Offline

LucidLethargy

So first things first, this is an amazing plugin and you've done a great job with things! It's hands down the most important plugin for my server at this time.

In order to help it along, here are a few bugs I have noticed...

1) I can't put anything "essentials-wise" in default permissions, which is a known bug I believe but I will mention it anyway, so my essentials nodes are now in the moderators section, and I made everyone on my server a moderator to make that function.
    2) While attempting to use this method, essentials.spawn breaks the permissions module and all associated modules. Only a server restart after deleting this line brings it all back online. The other nodes seem to work fine.
    3) Often when people log in, they will be greeted as the wrong player, and/or with the wrong balance. This may be something on Notch's end for all I know, though.

That's for all for now! Everything else is awesome! Thank you so much for your hard work!

6. Offline

Nate204

Hmm... I've added the code you suggested to shut it off, but now I get nothing. It doesn't even give me an error on the console. How odd. More tinkering! =D lol, I'll look more into MCDocs, but I haven't touched it at all today.
    --- merged: Jan 25, 2011 7:10 AM ---
    Yeah. For some odd reason /help (when in your plugin as disabled) pulls up no console errors or even an event to show that I typed it. :confused:

7. Offline

Zenexer

8. Offline

An0nx

Exact same on my end!
    --- merged: Jan 25, 2011 7:13 AM ---
    Oh, alright. I'll wait for that update then. :)

9. Offline

Seth.D

Question: Does /i allow you to spawn differently colored wool/logs? If not you should really implement that because it's the only reason I'm hesitant to replace Nijikokun's General plugin with this.

Oh and you should also disable the "You have no new mail" message if the /mail command is disabled.

10. Offline

M1sT3rM4n

By the way, did you add auto-updating to the plugin?

11. Offline

user_2408

Build91 /version kills the client, no particular message given to client or server. Just a very harsh disconnection.

12. Offline

Zenexer

@atomicben /version is not part of Essentials

@Seth.D Yes, /i supports metadata.

Update released. Fixes compatibility with other plugins, and any new regressions have been repaired.

13. Offline

An0nx

Update fixed it. I love you Zenexer.

14. Offline

Zenexer

Yay for workarounds :D

15. Offline

Seth.D

You should add a /me command.

Oh and "You have no new mail" still shows up even after I disabled /mail.

16. Offline

Zenexer

@Seth.D Fixed. /me already exists, doesn't it?

17. Offline

highwisdom

update fixed problem with sell and motd :) thanks!

anyway we can get the ping command to return the ms delay between client and server? to tell if lag is a connection issue, or server performance issue.

18. Offline

Zenexer

@highwisdom Sorry, but I think that would require a client mod.

Updated to add a better /me command.

19. Offline

Brack

One additional idea I had was optional motds based on group. This way I could inform admins of new tools and such.

20. Offline

LucidLethargy

thank you so much!
    Version 96 fixed everything, I moved all my players back to "default" (previously I was using a workaround by making them all moderators) and all commands work perfectly! Just a side note, the spawn node does not work if you place it only on moderators, but I can't see any admin caring at all about that as /spawn is generally a feature everyone should have.

Anyway thank you again for all your hard work!

Edit: One thing is still not working, I added:

default-stack-size: 64
    "cost-time: 50" <------ This here
    motd:

and it seems to crash essentials on startup... either I'm not doing it right or it's simply a bit bugged.

21. Offline

Zenexer

@Brack That's a very good idea. Are you sure that rMotD doesn't do that? I don't want to get into trouble for stealing from other plugins--I'm already receiving enough heat as it is. ;)

@LucidLethargy Thanks! The spawn node must have been some sort of Permissions bug, or perhaps there was a tab in the configuration file. For Essentials, it's all-or-none.

P.S. Hey, cool, the forum stats just cleared :p

22. Offline

Nate204

/who crashes my client =( /version works though =D

23. Offline

Zenexer

24. Offline

Aelux

@Zenexer I don't know if you saw my other request for a notp command, but on top of that, a permissions extrapolation of the mail command would be nice.

Example:
    essentials.mail.read
    essentials.mail.clear
    :: Edit ::
    OR
    essentials.mail.ReadOnly (combine the above two)

This way if I only want users on my server to be able to read mail, I can set the permissions as such.

Thanks. Great job as always.

25. Offline

Zenexer

Player1: /mail send Player2 Wazzap, dude?

Player2: (You've got mail!)
    Player2: /mail read
    Player2: (From Player1: Wazzap, dude?)

Player2: /mail clear
    Player2: (You have no new mail.)

@Aelux Your update is ready. I added essentials.mail.send as a permission.

Everyone check out the new wiki!

26. Offline

Aelux

It still allows me to send mail even without the 'essentials.mail.send' permission. Unless it only works when NOT sending it to yourself..

27. Offline

Zenexer

@Aelux You're probably in ops.txt. ;)

28. Offline

Aelux

@Zenexer haha, you're right. It works perfect, though you did make a spelling mistake hehe. It says "ou" instead of "you", but I love your speed of updates. I don't know anyone who pushes out plugin updates like you do.

29. Offline

Zenexer

Lol, thanks :)

30. Offline

Aelux

Speaking of which... Is there a reason you didn't comment on the 'notp' command? I can understand if it's not a priority, it's a very minor request. I'm just curious...

31. Offline

Zenexer

@Aelux Sorry, it just wasn't the first thing on my mind. I did add /tpc and /tpchere -- were those the sort of things that you were looking for?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.