Inactive [GEN] Essentials v2.1 [?]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Zenexer, Jan 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Zenexer

2. Offline

Mhalkyer

Can you make /help only show what the player has permissions to use? Or maybe make it load from a help.txt file?

Also /msg is only showing the 1st word onscreen, but the recipient is getting the whole message. Here's a screen shot:
    [​IMG]

3. Offline

Zenexer

@Mhalkyer Fixing now.

53:
    - Added /npc command as a placeholder
    - Added ops-name-color, defaulting to red (Thanks many times over, s0nge!)

4. Offline

Mhalkyer

Any chance on getting player-specific /help? [​IMG]

5. Offline

Zenexer

Sorry, forgot about that. It's already implemented, I believe. Is it working? Note that ops automatically get permission to everything, unconditionally.

6. Offline

daenth

Still occuring. =/

7. Offline

skawke

Latest version (127)
    gives me
    SEVERE: Could not pass event PLAYER_JOIN to Essentials

There isn't an config file in /Essentials either O___O where is this "motd"?

8. Offline

Mhalkyer

Oh, you're right, it's working =D phanks!

9. Offline

Zenexer

@skawke plugins/Essentials <-- How about that? Any luck there? You can just delete it, and it will be regenerated with new options.

@daenth I'm not entirely clear on what the problem is. Can you refresh my memory? Sorry >.<

54:
    - Fixed a bug whereby /msg would only send the first word. (Good catch, @Mhalkyer!)

10. Offline

skawke

In Essentials, theres only users.yml
    Looks like config.yml isn't generated anymore O_O

11. Offline

DirktheJerk

Still having an issue with a new config.yml not being created.

12. Offline

daenth

This is the same issue I'm having. I've tried everything I can to get config.yml to reload but it refuses.

13. Offline

Mhalkyer

Can you fix it so users don't get empty help pages? Maybe something along the lines of:

/help event handler
    foreach(option)
    {
    if player.haspermission(option)
    help+=option.helptext
    }
    display(help)

14. Offline

weirdbeard

WARNING: Not sure if this is because of Bukkit ot this plugin. Using /give with a non-existent ID can cause map corruption! We have at least one chuck that is no longer accessible after having fat-fingered a /give command. Once you enter the area, you are boored from the server and cannot log back in unless you delete your client data and the player_name.dat file from the server. Then you can enter at spawn and walk back to your area. I tried this once and I was able to recover but this latest one will not stop booting us from the server.

Hopefully this is being address by either Zenexer, the Bukkit devs or both. Thanks and good luk... Restoring from backup...
    -WB

15. Offline

Zenexer

@Mhalkyer I've actually already started a new help system. I'll be releasing it in stages, and that is the first stage, soon to be released. :)

@DirktheJerk and @daenth I'm probably doing something stupid. Let me get back to you on that momentarily.

16. Offline

AbsolutePolak

Jan 22, 2011 10:40:23 PM org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager callEvent
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at org.bukkit.earth2me.essentials.Essentials.getLines(Essentials.java:420)
    at org.bukkit.earth2me.essentials.Essentials.getMotd(Essentials.java:394)
    at org.bukkit.earth2me.essentials.EssentialsListener.onPlayerJoin(EssentialsListener.java:45)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.callEvent(JavaPluginLoader.java:129)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:201)
    at net.minecraft.server.ServerConfigurationManager.a(ServerConfigurationManager.java:74)

17. Offline

Mhalkyer

Man, you're on the ball [​IMG]

18. Offline

Zenexer

@weirdbeard That has been fixed. The chunk should be accessible after five minutes being online. If it's not, I will make a custom client and clean up the area for you. Let me know what you need! :) (In addition, items now go straight to inventories, so even if something were to go wrong, it wouldn't corrupt the map.)

19. Offline

fffizzz

Im getting this too

20. Offline

DirktheJerk

No problems dude. Just wanted to give you a heads up, before the issue was lost in the backlog of posts.

21. Offline

Zenexer

55:
    - Fixed bug whereby config.yml would not get written if deleted
    - Fixed more backward-compatibility issues with the MotD (users getting "Could not pass event PLAYER_JOIN" errors should be able to run the plugin now) @fffizzz @AbsolutePolak

@DirktheJerk Thanks, I really appreciate it. :)

22. Offline

daenth

Is the config.yml supposed to be one long line of code?

23. Offline

Zenexer

24. Offline

DirktheJerk

open it in wordpad daenth

Damn, beat me to it.

25. Offline

weirdbeard

Aha... Okay, lemme see if I need to update Essentials and then we will try the waiting game. (Was starting to get worried after the second player went down.) Thanks for your help!

26. Offline

Zenexer

@weirdbeard Glad I could help! Let me know if it works. As I said, items disappear after five minutes, but that'll be a long five minutes. :p

56:
    - Default config.yml file can now be edited in Notepad on Windows. (No more POSIX line endings. Too many complaints. Sorry, VIM users.) Delete your config file to generate a new one.

27. Offline

Mhalkyer

Do you give /kill? My players accidently did this to themselves and I'm just using your plugin and a couple others (that don't really do that).

28. Offline

Zenexer

@Mhalkyer No, but that's a good idea, lol.

29. Offline

Jeddy1011

Iam getting this error

Jan 22, 2011 10:40:23 PM org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager callEvent
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at org.bukkit.earth2me.essentials.Essentials.getLines(Essentials.java:420)
    at org.bukkit.earth2me.essentials.Essentials.getMotd(Essentials.java:394)
    at org.bukkit.earth2me.essentials.EssentialsListener.onPlayerJoin(EssentialsListener.java:45)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.callEvent(JavaPluginLoader.java:129)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:201)
    at net.minecraft.server.ServerConfigurationManager.a(ServerConfigurationManager.java:74)

I think this plugin will be very useful, thus is why i need help with this :)

30. Offline

Mhalkyer

Do you update config.yml on new updates? I don't see a section for rules or OP colors.

31. Offline

Zenexer

@Mhalkyer Because of the way Bukkit handles configuration files, automatic updates are just a bit too volatile. I used to do them automatically, but not anymore. I am hoping to reimplement that feature in the future, but I'll need to wait on Bukkit to provide better configuration support. Writing directly to the file is just too messy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.